[May 25, 2012] Ultimate Fighting Game Tournament 8 - Infinity [EVO 2012 TS] (Northbrook, IL)

So, what’s the word on the Accent Core side tournament?

I’m going to be attending this tournament and I’m traveling from California just for KoFXIII. I just wanted to know if pools will start on Friday or Saturday for KoFXIII. This will affect if I take an additional day off of work. Please let me know as soon as possible!

All pools can potentially start on Friday as early as noon, as stated on the registration page. A final schedule will not be available, as stated on the schedule page of the website, until a few weeks before the event, as I need more accurate registration numbers to write it.

See you in May!

All side tournaments, currently, will be held on Sunday and run by individuals not on staff with UFGT8.

Right now Psycho I am in charge of it, but there are a couple issues at the moment.

First and foremost being that I will have to find a way to run it before sunday, due to my schedule I have to be back on the road early sunday morning, I’ve already discussed potential options with Keits, but I cannot set anything up until probably the week of the tournament when schedules are finalized.

2nd, My PS2 equipment has completely shot craps on me in the last 2 months. I no longer have a working PS2 stick, and my PS2 itself has been giving me issues. Which may mean finding equipment to run this could prove problematic. If we get lucky and the 360 release is out before UFGT, we will simply run that, but that is looking unlikely.

Basically things are up in the air right now, and if I had to make a decision by tomorrow, I probably would not be able to run this. However there is still time, so I am doing what I can, I will have more details whenever I can post them, so bear with me.

PS2 you say? Working stick you say? :wink: Got both but I only have one stick. I say it works pretty good but an expert can probably give me a better answer, I tend to be a little rough on mine.

College HAS kept me busy when I’ve been worrying about hotel issues and I forgot the venue IS A FREAKING HOTEL!!! Can’t I just graduate now?

Still wondering if anyone is willing to carpool me down. Don’t really want to brave the trip myself and I only want to fly as a last resort. Incase I didn’t mention before, I’ll split on everything.

I actually have a ps2, a copy of Accent Core(just the regular one) and a stock ps2 stick. Not only that, but a few people i know are going to take stuff for Accent Core as well

Alright, this sounds like a good start then. Anyone else who can bring setups/equip for this shoot me a pm so I can get a list going. As long as we have equipment, I’ll make this thing happen. Again it may be a janky schedule on friday or saturday, but we’ll get it pulled off. I’ll keep everyone updated as we get closer to tourney time.

The only thing i don’t have is a tv for the AV cords. If you could bring that then atleast 1 set up is accounted for. I dont know about the rest of the others i am going with though.

thanks keits, i’m looking forward to this tournament, since i’ve heard nothing but amazing stuff about it! how many entrants do you expect for KoF?

I dont know! Thats what pre-reg is for. Numbers are good right now though.

I will have a full setup; PS2 stick, PS2, GGXXAC+, TV, powerstrip. I can even bring a small table if truely needed.

Does anyone know when the final schedule for this will be posted? I live in Indianapolis and work on Friday and want to compete in AE. I was trying to figure out if AE will start on Saturday or Friday / can I request being put in an AE pool that starts Saturday. Thank in advance!

AE (and all games) will start Friday. You cannot request pool placement. This is a full 3 day event.

If you sign up and cannot show up Friday, you are taking a risk.

From the schedule page:

“UFGT8′s schedule will be made available a few weeks before the tournament. Stay tuned!”

From the registration page:

Pool Assignments :
[LEFT][LEFT][SIZE=13px]I understand the pool schedule means that pools for all games can start as early as noon on Friday May 25th.[/LEFT][/LEFT][/SIZE]

^ Thanks Keits. I was just trying to figure out if some games might start Saturday and was waiting for the schedule to get released before I registered. Now just got to figure out what I’m going to do… Good luck with everything either way and hope its even better than last year.

Some games might start Saturday, but they wont be the big ones (AE, SFxT, UMvC3, Mystery) and I can’t make those decisions until a few weeks out when registration numbers are more accurate.

I have some bad news. I’ve missed so much work over the last month due to being deathly ill that I won’t be going to and helping out at UFGT8. I’m scrambling with payments as it is and I have a friend’s wedding and my own anniversary coming up. The only thing I can feasibly ditch is the tournament. I’ve been trying to see if I can make things work, but unless something changes I just don’t see it happening.

My apologies to Murph and to Keits, as this isn’t something I’m proud of or happy about, and I truly hope I either find some way to attend or that you guys aren’t too angry at me about this.

Don’t worry too much about it, I’ll make it work. Hope you can get things in order for yourself.

Hey keits sorry if this has already been announced, but I couldn’t find it. Is sfxt gonna be 1v1 or 2v2?

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

I’m not Keits, but it will be 1v1. There will likely be an unofficial 2v2 side tournament.