[May 25, 2012] Ultimate Fighting Game Tournament 8 - Infinity [EVO 2012 TS] (Northbrook, IL)

Ah, I was more referring to the Tournament Announcements forum, like we have on SRK.
I hear you on the console choice decision though. I’ve personally been prepared to play on 360s for a while, I just can’t say much for the rest of the community which typically plays on ps3s. What convertor will they have anyways? I’ve been looking for a while and never heard of a lagless ps3 > 360 convertor, so I went the dual mod route.

The dual mod route is the way to go for arcade stick people. Its really only pad players that have any cause for concern.

The XCM Crossfires or these are what we’ll have.

http://etokki.com/Xtokki360

It looks like those are PS2 -> 360 converters, which won’t help me any since I have one of the Madcatz TE sticks. Will there also be PS3->360 converters? I’d love to come, but I’m not really comfortable dropping money on a converter that I’d use all of one time, and I don’t have any hardware for playing the 360 version. So if there are some PS3 -> 360 converters that will be on site and available to rent I think that would do a lot to ease people’s concerns.

Yes, there will also be PS3-360 converters. The XCM Crossfires are what we’ll have for that.

http://www.amazon.com/Cross-fire-converter-2-0-Xbox-360/dp/B00569TQ8W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1331063700&sr=8-2

They are expensive, and that’s why we’ll have them on site for rent. You’ll probably need to leave collateral (drivers license or something) when you rent them, just be aware.

That sounds legit. T6 has been kinda dead in the midwest for a while. Im hoping scv will have some big numbers for this tho. Ill be showing up.

I dont have paypal so how can I sign up early for this? I dont wanna pay the 50$ emergency price.

You dont need paypal. Registration can be completed with any Debit or Credit card, included pre-paid ones. If you dont have one, I’m sure you know someone who does who would be willing to pay for your registration if you hand them the cash.

Payout information finalized!

Just booked my flight, I’ll be coming back with a “few” members of the extra fresh league.
see everyone there

やっぱり!Soooo… basically Namco games run better on PS3 in every way. There goes that argument.

Like I said, Tekken 6 has already been changed over to PS3. Soul Calibur V will remain on 360, and we will have converters available for rent at the venue for those that cant figure that issue out themselves.

So…sf3 is gonna be on Xbox? And is there an estimate on how much it would cost to dual mod my arcade stick?

I’m a Ps3 stick user

3rd Strike will be on Xbox if we cant find someone who has the arcade board. Right now, we are striking out in finding the arcade board.

Dual mod costs vary depending on who you hire to do it. You can ask around in the Tech Talk forums.

So tempted to go this year, I regret not attending last time. If Hogosha and Murph need the assistance, I’ll be willing to help out. Oh, and I second on playing Tech Romancer, dropping trains and flipping tables ALL NIGHT!

Yes, we went there.

I can’t wait for this tourney.

::Face palm:: This whole tournament is on 360? lol fat chance of anyone coming from Upstate then. I think we’ve got what 3 360 duel modded sticks between the all the players up here. Why would run this tournament on 360? Saying “Capcom games run better” is BS, I’ve never seen anyone lose a match at any major and go “It’s cause of that inferior PS3 port” yeah right. I dunno where these people that play on 360 come from. I’ve been going to majors for years and now all of a sudden people want to change the standard and make all of my sticks not viable anymore. I guess I should just stop going to majors cause I played/play on PS3 sticks and controllers. Cause you know it’s so easy to duel mod a PS3 stick right? So what about the recent article that came out saying the the Xbox port of SFxT had frame dropping issues compared to the PS3? So you’re going to run SFxT on the inferior system now? See what I’m getting at?

Keits man what’s done is done. But just know running this tournament on 360 has lost you a lot of potential people that were interested in coming to your tournament. I’d love to go to UFGT but it’s not worth my time to buy a brand new stick and break it in and BTW bring 2 sticks with me since I would be playing Tekken as well, for one tournament. Sorry. I doubt anything I say matters to you but it is really disappointing I can’t got to UFGT now and I can’t bring anybody with me either.

Got my dual mode from etokki just for this tourney, we IN THERE

360 players have had to find solutions for years now, I know I own a ps3 stick that I almost never use because I have to have it for tourneys. You still have a couple months to find a solution, and you’ve had several more months of notice on this.

I’m sorry you feel that way. I’m sure you can borrow sticks from friends or even just random people at the venue for your tournament matches, too, people are really chill about that, but it sounds like you are really picky about how your sticks feel (saying you have to break it in).

But, what Murph just said has been said already in this thread. 360 players have been making concessions for ps3 tournaments for years. Just because you haven’t had to yet doesn’t give you the right to act like you are entitled. You can stay home if you want, I respect your decision. Its just not the decision I have made in the past (I show up to numerous ps3 events and I dont even own a ps3).

I hope you enjoy the stream and I hope we’ll see you next year.

How dare you guys insinuate that us glorious PS3 users should have to be forced to COMPROMISE even though other 360 users have been forced to before. The audacity of such things.