M. Bison ftw (Dictator Thread)

yes i’ve done that, and c.MK xx Devil Reverse towards their back right after faking just to keep them honest.

you can even use c.strong xx Devil Reverse after the fake slide…it’s a bit easier for me.

Any ideas against Guile now? It’s hard to build meter now with his new rh flash kick and his s.jab stuffs a lot of Bison’s shit. Walking and jumping over Sonic booms doesn’t seem to bode well either with his rh flash kick.

lol dizzy him!

YuuVega vs. Muteki (starts at 1:22)
[media=youtube]zpyW-LS1GwM[/media]

YuuVega vs. Muteki (starts at 1:12)
[media=youtube]QEQ7aii6ya0[/media]

you only get one chance to get in…dirty throws and dizzying crossups are key.

I wouldnt really call that a strat for Guile if you are supposed to do that against all characters.

Now I don’t know that matchup that well but something I go for is taking advantage of Guile needing to charge for a reliable AA. Once I see him standing I whore out jumping MK or empty jump ins. In doing that you are forcing him to block high which doesn’t allow him to flash kick. As far as zoning goes I approach Guile like a shoto with faster fireball recovery.

he can still d.Fierce you to trade and reset the match, with Dictator spaced out again; by that time, he has a Sonic Boom waiting for you…if you jump, you’ll eat his new Roundhouse Flash Kick.

empty jump-ins? you’re nuts; he could s.strong you for that…standing. or another d.Fierce in your grill. or…another Roundhouse Flash Kick.

Guile has an ample number of normals, and they can all reset the match with you outside.

if you’re within range, s.Roundhouse to attempt to snuff his sonic boom attempts. use s.Forward if you’re needing a bit more speed.

personally, i try to find the crossup to TOD combo…you may only get one or couple of opportunities to get inside, so make it count.

Fake slide to super. Risky but I pulled it of online

except that he cant cr.F if MK crosses up and empty jump ins are part of mixing people up. If you always attack when jumping there is nothing to be scared of.

Devils reverse is neat for getting out of crossups and meaty fireballs and stuff… dunno how GOOD that actually will be, as you are still vulnerable, and it’s not exactly the safest move.

But it’s still neat. :stuck_out_tongue:

Empty jumps are not something you see quite often in ST. Maybe when they’re getting up, or you’ve psyched them into blocking… good players will throw you most of the time otherwise.

How could you possibly fake slide super, isn’t the input for fake slide d/f, therefore you wouldn’t have charge for super?

Against Guile, st. RH trading with booms is crucial.

I am about 90% rushdown Dictator, the other 10% is when I rape Giefs with my runaway skillz. By “runing away” I mean hitting him out of lariat with slide then flying away and charging…

I got my ass beat by Sirlin’s Akuma tonight - he got me cornered and spammed air FBs. I tried to use the DR but either I can’t get the timing right, or it doesn’t have enough invuln frames to get through the fireball on getup.

ding.

i totally agree with this mentality.

Whats the difference between all 3 versions of dr and hs? what’s dr good for? (the move not the invlunerable frames.)

What do his matchups look like? If the opponent knows I’m looking to tick them or crossup combo I’m not sure what to do other then spam st mk, cr mk and mk scissors.

Jmp loses to some things like chuns j lk and st lp loses to some things like hawks j lp (sometimes) so if I want to AA someone I’m not sure which to use depending on the matchup but I guess this is the type of thing I should figure out myself.

You can punish DP’s by DR, staying away, and then glowfisting as you’re falling down and they’re not in hit frames. I am not sure exactly what it does and doesn’t beat, but it has such goofy properties and priority that sometimes I do it and am pleasantly surprised at what random shit it stuffs.

I wish there was a good writeup for how to CONTROL the devil’s reverse, ie., what the different buttons do, and what the directions do during each phase of the move…anyone? (if not I’ll try to experiment and do my own writeup tommorow)

I find that Fierce HS is best for flying over the opponent and running away, and MK HS is best for punishing fullscreen fireballs.

If the opponent is looking for a tick, you can just keep poking to stuff shit, and also mix in fakeslide/throw because there is nothing before the throw to “reverse”, so sometimes it is way easier to DP Dictator out of block strings than just a quick slide>throw.

Keep poking at them until they stand up and then slide or cr. mk them, if they keep ducking eventually you will get a tick throw, walkup throw, or fake slide throw or crossup.

I don’t crossup all that often myself, I find it pretty effective to just CONSTANTLY have normals and scissor kicks right in my opponents’ faces, I go for the crossup if they are knocked down midscreen though because you can hit-verify the j. RH to st lk x2>st. RH or st. MK (easier, less damage than RH), or on block throw, or on hit also throw too.

So I have a theory that Dictator can actually beat Honda now. Mashing st.Jab beats torpedo (maybe it did in ST as well, not sure). More importantly, psycho crusher now beats hands. Jumping strong beats butt stomp. So now Honda has no safe way of advancing on Dic while keeping his charge, which is a huge help. As long as you can keep a life lead you should be able to pretty much nullify all his options on reaction, making it much like the Claw vs. Honda fight, where whoever gets the lead on life first pretty much wins. This is all theory of course, gonna have to see how it works out in practice…

I gotta say that being new to ST I’m finding a lot of fun in playing dictator. Never really cared for him before but i’m having a hard timing deciding between him and blanka as a main haha. I just like how he can flip a match so quickly. wait for an opening, and then apply insane pressure for stuns :rock:

Yeah, definitely fun, but I need to practice my combos a lot more with Dic. Last night, I was down to my last pixel of life and turned it around, scoring a dizzy and then taking out the trash. :smiley:

Sometimes hands knock me out of stuff (especially Psycho Crusher), I’m pretty sure it’s safe on startup (or at least trades) for the beginning part while he advances.

On a side note, I don’t know if it’s because the 16:9 zoomed view is throwing off my spacing, but Guile’s new Roundhouse somersault has really been fucking me up. Bison’s jump arc is TOO big sometimes :shake:

Anyone awesome enough to post up some match-up strats?

Even copy+paste from Vanilla ST would be good. I can’t seem to find much info for a character that is as matchup-knowledge dependent as Bison and trust me, I’ve scoured the old Bison thread, Wiki, even other character’s threads to find info.

In my experience, the fierce version is more controllable than the jab version, and like, you can bring the hand out faster with fierce than with jab . You can do a straight-up dr by pressing down, up-back, a regular one by pressing up, and a 45 degree/toward the opponent one with up-toward; each button results in a slightly different trajectory/controllability. I also find that the rh version of stomp flies full screen more, including over the opponent sometimes, and that short usually homes in on the opponent best when the opponent is closer.

Just go into training mode for a while, you’ll figure it out.

Man, standing jab as an antiair is sick. I beat Chun’s jumping short from max distance with it yesterday!

I’m having a lot of trouble with antiairs (as is the norm for Dictator anyways). I can’t seem to be able to hit anything out of the air with standing jab… maybe I’m just not positioned well enough? The only reliable thing I’ve been doing for antiair is jumping up and meeting them in the air with a jumping forward RH or jumping straight up RH.

Anyone that’s done the Devil’s Reverse as a reversal… what timing do you have to use? I’ve yet to actually succeed in using it that way to get out of a corner trap. Does your opponent basically have to be on top of you or what?