Lost Planet 2 is 24 hour addiction

That was a good run through Green. Good times. New Demo soon!

After even more games…

• What VSs and where weapons are placed on the map (at least in Post Grab) changes depending on the number of people running around on the map. Like in a 4 v 4 Post Grab match there weren’t any VSs, just the new BATTLE SUITS (gasm gasm orrrrrgasm) which are pretty darn cool. They really beef up your defense which is perfect for dealing with people trying to cock block your post grabbing (innuendo!).

• Turbulent Jungle is actually a fun map once you learn the layout. So much vertical shit to scale. Combine that with all the heavy weapons that people pick up, it’ll make for some good combat scenarios. PS, Plasma Rifle owns that map. One man could almost honestly hold down the post at the top of the tower. I know I did. I killed two VSs with just that gun alone and since the only way up is climbing a fence I could easily shoot people as soon as they got up to the top.

• I love that LP is still such an international game. It put many smiles on my face to see everybody represent in Europe, Japan, Australia, etc.

• Boob physics. I played as a chick with barely anything on. Like just chains and a short skirt. Loved climbing the ladders :-p… Million Moment. But titties jiggle y’all. I can’t wait to make my own half naked chick.

• I kinda like using the handgun.

• Elimination still sucks to me. It could be that I just suck at killing other people but it just feels so boring compared to working as a team to grab posts n’ shit. Plus, you have to work at finding the other guns. Be nice if you could have a second weapon to start with but alas.

• Did I mention the titty physics?

I was pretty sure I was going to have a female avatar already but this is the clincher.

BUBZ FTW

Also I heard there’s going to be an option to set the frequency of VS, I’m totally setting that shit at max, gotta have some VS only matches lol

Yup. Almost got a full SS run.

I thought I was the only one considering having a female avatar. Titty physics!

• You can change your avatar? We’re playing the same demo right? I thought I could only change my weapons :rofl:

• Yeah, Team Posts is too fun. People seem to get the picture quite quickly too; when you are getting a post up, they keep you covered the whole time. Felt refreshing. I’m used to people pulling ‘hero’ tactics and running solo the whole time.

• VS’ were taken in every match I played so I didn’t get to try 'em out…

• Is there a point in choosing your character’s weapons in the main menu? I didn’t find a way to switch weapons so I thought that was kinda odd.

• Hanging off roofs and swinging down SWAT-style in Data Post matches is hilarious. I’m gonna try to make that work.

• FC, let’s try to meet up sometime, I would’ve stayed on and added you into a game but I got a class first thing in the morning…

Fucking code wasn’t work so I keep trying and then I got a fucking error that doesn’t allow you to input a code for 24 hours. FUCKING LAME.

I was really looking forward to thsi shit but no. FUCKING CAPCOM, FUCKING SONY. So goddamn pissed.

In the main game the avatars are totally customizable. In the demo, the avatar you get is slot specific.

Weapons are classified by type, and the same goes for spawns. So if you equip the plasma cannon, when you come across a heavy weapon spawn, it is always a plasma cannon. If you equip the rocket launcher, it is always a rocket launcher.

has anyone been able to activate their ps3 code yet? i tried plenty times last night and today, still a no go.

The code won’t work until PSN updates tonight.

right on, thanks for the info. ill try again later tonight

One of the mods on the Capcom Unity forums said the codes will go active after 5 pm pacific standard time.

Okay, hold on: what’s going on? Are people currently playing a second LP2 demo, and waiting for the code-only vs demo to go online tonight sometime tonight?

Yup, that’s it. When we’re talking about playing the LP2 demo, we’re talking about the co-op demo with three levels. The demo we’re waiting for is the code-only versus mode demo.

Edit: DEMO IS NOW AVAILABLE.

played a round on the PS3 version.

First thing I noticed…

-Fire controls are set to the R2/L2

I want my damn fire button on R1!

I have a feeling this is game more suited for the 360 homefront rather than ps3…

Other than that, game is fun! grenades are tricky but amazing as always! VS suits are pretty awesome to use, still wish we could jump anchor but i guess not…

Not liking versus at all. It’s so bad to me that it makes me rethink my pre-order.

Free for all is a horrible game mode, team ANYTHING is probably the only way to play imo. And yeah grenades are ridic. It’s really strange playing with machine guns n stuff too, like, since there isn’t a cover system, I don’t really get the flow of battle.

The flow of battle is basically whoever throws the more accurate grenade and possibly shots said grenade (though just a good grenade throw will often do fine). Also, elimination is contrary to the whole theme of LP2 which is teamwork. Maybe I’ll like versus mode more when there’s a real mix of player skill. Right now the majority are players that have been playing LP mulitplayer since LP1.

So whats the point of battle suits (not the VS)? I dont run faster, I dont jump higher, i dont roll further… All I do is die faster by grenades.

Extra life bar. I haven’t tested it, but maybe it allows you to move while firing VS weapons?

I think the biggest advantage of the battle suit is the stun protection. While wearing it, you can’t be stunned. That’s so helpful because stun in this game is a bitch. A complete and utter fucking bitch.

Yeah the stun is overkill. I’m sorry but I should at least still be able to fire my gun, albeit with shitty accuracy, back at someone when they are shooting at me. I’m only a fan of stun guns when they are just that, stun guns.

Can’t fucking wait to kill Akrid instead.