Lost Planet 2 is 24 hour addiction

I fucking love the plasma cannon.

I’m pretty sure the ranking system is based purely on damage dealt, cause I’ve had runs where I die twice and still get the most points.

Yeah that’s what it is about the RL! It’s how slow it fires. The PC has a faster firing rate (plus the other perks) to make up for the lack of damage. Us 360s owners only know about Sir Om Nom Nom so the RL kinda sucks against him compared to the PC or Hand Cannon. Hence my disdain for it.

I can’t wait to use the Machine Gun SP. I think I’ll feel at home with it. I bet it’s going to have the dopest range of any machine gun.

Yay! More plasma cannon fans. That is easily one of my favorite guns available in the demo.

Are all of you pre-ordering from Gamestop for the maps?

Yeah I find the handcannon to be good vs the salamander because it fires faster and reloads faster but it’s horrible versus like say the big spider-y Akrid, the RL DOMINATES that thing. And yeah the RL has a slow fire speed but so does the hand cannon, and really you just need to lead the target a bit anyway. It does so much damage that you really only need to use it once or twice then just clean up with something else. 10 shots is alot of ammo too

Edit: as far as the PC is concerned, I agree stat wise it’s better hands down, it just has the T-eng cost, which isn’t any good for how I will be playing.

The handcannon is a beast against the small AK like the dogs. One shot to the head, they go flying away, and blow up.

Gasa: You could use the equip that lets you pilot mech without it draining your T eng.

Edit: DAMN Australia is getting a LP2 collector’s editions with a Sir Om Nom Nom. http://www.capcom-unity.com/snow_infernus/blog/2010/03/29/australias_lost_planet_2_collectors_edition

There’s also a post on VS. YAY there are VS energy weapons. http://www.capcom-unity.com/snow_infernus/blog/2010/03/29/new_lost_planet_2_videos:transforming_and_repairing_vital_suits

Just found out that if you pre-order from Gamecrazy you get a free Sir Om Nom Nom plush. Too bad there aren’t any close to me and I really want one too :sad:

yeah but I also need T-eng to repair, and use VS energy weapons. So even then I wouldn’t use hand held energy weapons much. Aside from the flamethrower and possibly the plasma gun.

Also, VS energy weapons is from LP1 actaully. They’ve had plasma guns, EM lasers(stun laser), and homing lasers. I know there are VS flamethrowers now too.

Got my demo code :party:

They won’t work until April 1st.

Got my code too, now just gotta wait till the 1st:coffee:

Sucks that the plushie is only available at gamecrazy. All the gamecrazys nearby me are closing down or already down.

ditto on the code. Also, looks like the harmonizer is inactive in MP so the only way to heal is regen grenades.

[media=youtube]_Hv7faAQIl4[/media]

Takeuchi-san mentions that the whole “360 discs too small!” BS was just twisting his words. Nothing was cut because of size limitations, only the normal time and production limitations. Even says it would take another 2 years of development to fill up the PS3 discs.

How to attempt to get your demo code:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/snow_infernus/blog/2010/03/29/get_early_access_to_the_lost_planet_2_demo_now!

And yes, I got mine.

WOW. I joined a random match and had the best round of LP2 EVER. Everything went smooth as hell. Beat the first level in 5 minutes and the second in 6. Naturally, we killed everything in sight. Once we got to Sir Om Nom Nom, we were hurting it so fast that it was lying on the ground about half the time. It felt like every time someone would take down a leg, I’d hear another being blasted off. There was even a time when someone went inside, shot the core up, and then I blasted it back down with the shotgun. Finally, got to team up like that. Naturally, we ended the Sir Om Nom Nom fight with all scores around 3500 for an SSSS.

Beautiful.

K well 360 cats can download it if you got the codes.

My feelings on the demo are mixed. I like capture the data post with a team but not a fan of free for all.

I also noticed something weird. People can self-destruct if you are shooting them while they are pulling out a grenade and you don’t get the kill. I’m pretty sure that people were doing this to deny me my kills. NOT COOL. This was in free for all of course. Arharmd pretty much confirmed it for me.

The Machine Gun 1 has such good accuracy. I was practically ‘sniping’ people in capture the post until a real sniper got me. It was a little odd to see people just get knocked off by some dude (moi) standing on a roof top popping off rounds from such a long range.

Also, there are more control tweaks to choose from.

I know where I’ll be spending most of my time though (campaign) when the full game comes out. I don’t think it’s been said yet but are they bringing back Human controlled Akrid VS. Everyone else? I loved that mode!

That is some BS. Well from what I’ve been seeing of the community I was losing hope in any sort of elimination modes so I’m not too surprised. As we discussed, too many glory hogs =/

Takeuchi DID say Akrid Hunter is coming back, and yeah I’m really hyped for that too.

Also: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/london-multiplayer-lost-planet/63776

If you notice, that VS has, A PILEBUNKER! Had to change my pants after seeing that.

The Pilebunker is in the demo. It was the first VS I piloted but no one else was in a VS for me to beat up. Trying to pile people is tough!

Uh, great news everybody. **I got a second code for the 360! **

How?

Amazon! They e-mailed me a code since I pre-ordered the game there. So if you didn’t get a code yesterday and/or missed out today just pm me.

Just PM’ed you FC.

Yeah, I missed out on the code givewaway; couldn’t get on the blog link you posted.

Done. ^_^. I’ll see you online tonight. After 11:30 EST.

There are homing lasers. Yes. Freaking homing lasers. Fuck yes :rock:

SWEET! The demo will have unlockables to give you an idea how those will work in the real game.

Edit: Pre-ordered the game. Gamestop said May 11 is the date they should have the game in. They’re also considering a midnight launch.

I told you about the homing lasers the other day! That shit was from LP1 actually.

If GS does a midnight launch I will be there.