Lost Planet 2 is 24 hour addiction

Got it reserved and am looking forward to it!

At first I was going to wait until I finished LP1 to purchase this game and / or reserve, but then I remembered that I did beat the Lost Planet Exclusive Cell Phone Game prequel already (it’s actually pretty hard, but mainly because gaming on a razor phone BLOWS…) so I could stick to my own “Finish one instalment of a franchise before you get another” video gaming rule! :looney:

I’m about halfway through single player mode in LP1. I should be done before LP2 comes out. Gotta try to put in a few hours during Easter vacation. :sweat:

Aaaaaakriiiiid.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/snow_infernus/blog/2010/03/23/lost_planet_2_-_akrid_enemies:_more_bosses_than_ever_before

Fuck that sounds awesome, and also sounds like playing with randoms ain’t gonna work at all lol

Thank Capcom for Monster Hunter’s success right?

Funny you mention randoms. Was playing with some cats last night and I had the highest scores each time (not to brag). I had just finished playing it singleplayer four times in a row before hopping online too (getting S and A ranks). By then I had Sir Om Nom Nom’s tactics memorized. One problem I saw is that people insist on riding his back while he’s walking. Yeah it can be done but the best time is when you bring his belly to the ground and he’s blacked out all over from his ass being kicked. Another thing I noticed is that people keep trying to attack him during his electric stomp move instead of just getting ready to jump. Another thing I noticed is that folks are always so effing ready to get inside of him. Like even if he’s over the water.

And people need to learn some etiquette. Don’t hop in the three-person VS and not take a knee and let someone ride with you. If you want to ride alone, there are VSs for that, but don’t hog the one that honestly only works best with a team.

People need to think about the team! Battle Posts should be a priority and not trying to rape Sir Om Nom out-right. A high battle score is what keeps us alive, not heroics.

Also, I feel like people don’t know everything about the controls. I can’t stress how important the sprint move is. It has done so much for me tactically.

Yeah, me and JGreen almost always play just by ourselves since we’ve pretty much memorized everything, and normally if we ad randoms we always score the highest. There was one match we had though where we had some good randoms, we took down the salamander in just a few minutes, completely wailed on him.

There was a part where we knocked him down, one person went inside, and then me in the flight mech, someone in the bleed, and jgreen with the plasma cannon literally lined up in front of his mouth and just UNLOADED on him. Shit was badass.

Yeah, it’s wild that Lost Planet 2 and Dead Rising 2 are copying Monster Hunter with you creating a character and stuff instead of you playing through a made up character’s scenario. I guess I don’t have a big problem with that but I’m still gonna miss Wayne and Frank West a little.

Oh well I can always fire up TVC at least. :smile:

Are any of you up for playing the PS3 demo?

(grumbles) if I had one…

http://www.capcom-unity.com/snow_infernus/blog/2010/03/25/new_lost_planet_2_multiplayer_versus_demo_coming_to_psn_and_xbl_next_week

Long story made short:

• So starting next week early multiplayer demo codes will be given out. I will suck an Akrid’s left or fifth nut to get one.
  • April 21st and 22nd are when the demos will be made public (XBL and PSN).
  • Downloading this new demo will net you access to the 3 shot burst Machine Gun SP for the full release.
    - Full release getting pushed UP! May 11th is the new drop date for Lost Planet 2!
  • PC Version is out in the Fall.

how can I get one? just sign up at capcom unity or what?

Yeah sign-up at unity and then who knows from there. No one knows atm.

They should be giving a lot out. It’s not like there are hundreds of us talking about LP2 over there. I can see them giving a bunch to the press as well because what good is a multiplayer demo if you ain’t got nobody to SHOOT IN THE FUCKING FACE. Ya know?

Just signed up. I hope I get access to the demo. Too bad 360 and PS3 players can’t play together on LP2, or any other game.

oh man, me, JGreen, and two other srkers had like 5 runs through the demo today and it was so great. I am unbelievably hyped for this game GODDAMMIT.

Yea thoe where good games Gasa though lulz at me setting my team on fire half the time. Selective friendly fire is bizarre lol.

Nah it’s not selective, the actual explosions and the fire spray from a flamethrower don’t damage teammates. They cause a flame status effect to anything it touches, and flame drains your life overtime.

Jealous.

Damn. Those were some fun games. It was great working as a team, especially when we got an SSSS. Sir Om Nom Nom didn’t even stand a chance.

Not sure if both Dev and Rad got it, but how did you two like the plasma cannon?

I may not be Dev or Rad but I love the effing P. Cannon. It’s like having a three shot rocket launcher with infinite ammo. Broken ass gun.

Actually, the Rocket Launcher seems underpowered to me. The hand held launcher can fire two rounds before a reload and it seems to do good damage. The normal RL just flies forward and goes boom. I hope they have another RL that can follow your crosshair to mix things up. I’d love to change trajectory when an Akrid decides it wants to be a ninja.

RL does more damage than two shots of the plasma but less than three, does WAY WAY more damage than the hand cannon too. Hand cannon is better against slightly smaller but still tough enemies like the dogs and dongos.

RL is for superior firepower and splash damage imo.

So far the first slot is still my fav because it has shotgun+RL+plasma grenades which is a ridiculously nice combo. In the real game I’m thinking my setup will probably be more like, gunsword, flamethrower, rocket launcher, sniper. With the gunsword you get pointblank damage that the shotgun gets, while still having a ranged attack freeing up space for another gun(like a RL)

Yea that Quad SSSS was sick as hell. Very nice. Definitely would like to play with you guys again soon.

I like the Plasma Canon. The thing seemed to hit where I wanted it to and had good speed. The RL had amazing damage output but I seemed to miss easily cus the rocket moved slowly or something. Only time I found it really worth using was when I was inside El Om Nom Nom Nom. I only got to use the 4th and 3rd Slot and over all I liked the 3rd Slot better. The Gunsword seemed to put out decent damage and it’s Melee was too good. Powerful and fucking awesome! The shotguns got dat stopping power to. When I was fighting those swift as fuck Couger Acrid thingies i felt rather helpless in the 4th slot cuz neither the Machine gun or the flame thrower could keep them off me. The Shot though put those fucks on their backs. Was very nice and extremely satisfying. BLAMO! So the Plasma Cannon was nice but I would still rather be in the 3rd slot (of the two I got to try)

I don’t understand the ranking system though lol. Sometimes I’d feel like I did well and get a B and other times I felt like I flailed around helplessly and would get an A or S lol.

Also Gasa already knows this little story but when you guys where first shooting me with the T-Gun there I had no idea WTF that was and it was right after I blew us up with a Grenade so I thought I pissed you guys off or something hahaha. That’s why I was running around like “Aaaah soooooorry!” and blew myself up with a Grenade I meant for you guys hahaha. Oh well.