Jackie Chan in Fists of Fire is gdlk

Wow this game is actually a lot of fun. We should make a list of these obscure yet good and fun fighting games (unless there is one that I’m just not aware of).

Ok thanks for the info, i’ll play around with em. I have a bad habit of mashing awake into something i didn’t want so it’s hard to gauge what my final input was on wakeup. The juggle on that move is great. I could dash into a 2nd launcher, but i didn’t have the timing down yet to attempt a standing chain or his super. I usually just did launch, dash in launch, standing hp into booze.

As far as drunk jackie strats, while a lot of his stuff is unsafe you can train your opponent to eat a lot of mixups. blocked cr LK chains > LP booze isn’t safe, but if they attempt anything but a deep dash in cr LK punish they’re gonna have to block the booze, dash away, or eat a big damage trade. so on future exchanges i can throw in overheads off of blocked cr LK chains to stuff their dash in attempts or guess into his crossup kick special. When he’s not rushing down with overheads he should be throwing in a random trade booze bomb/deep dash in crossup kick to scare them out of punishing overheads. These are day 1 strats so i could be misguided about all of this, but i think drunk jackie is strong. :slight_smile:

Yeah basically my thoughts as well, I really don’t see how he’s that far off from Thorsten or White Jackie.

this shit looks fresh. i’d pay for it on XBLA or something…or better yet just put it on GGPO.

Hopefully FBA gets updated for it sometime in the future.

There was a new update just last month actually, so I was wrong about the emulator not being worked on. And Blood Warrior is supported in it, so maybe it could happen…

But until then (or even after!) just bring this to your local gatherings & tourneys, seriously, it never fails. =)

EDIT: Just found another easy 100% combo, this time with Lau. Thankfully it only works on Kim-Maree in the corner and requires the super.

I know every fighting game has it’s low tier, but just how low is M lion? Is he like Sean tier or Dan tier? what’s the ratio againist a really good character like chairman?

I’m curious because I saw some casuals on LordBBH’s channel and he was doing some crazy shenigans with those mini lions. I don’t know lion’s mechanics since I haven’t played the game. Would I stand even the slightest chance againist top tier?

YES BLOOD WARRIOR.

Yeah, fortunately only 1 char. Lau doesn’t need to be any better than he already is lol.
5c 2d 236c + OTG is like 50%+ already

M.Lion is free. His normals and specials are all really unsafe. 2 and 5a are fairly safe (slide is risky but alright) but outside of that you’re walking on thin ice. He also has this Mortal Kombat-ish 464a motion for the self projectile which our local M.Lion player (which wasn’t LordBBH, he’s a player named Schlagwerk) absolutely LOATHES. Special mode is alright but all the top tiers can rush in with answers to it. He’s garbage :frowning:

i dunno, m.lion actually makes people jump on occasion and that’s always a good thing. he also has nice blockstrings with his projectile, keits was running that shit on me when we played.

also he’s the heaviest character, so certain juggle B&B’s don’t work on him

not saying he’s that good or anything, but i really don’t see how he’s THAT much worse than sam

Damn ya’ll beating the fuck out those controllers.

pass, annything resembling mk is a pass.

Fist of Fire does donuts around MK.

enjoyable, probably. aint played it but it looks like crap. maybe theres a deep interresting game inside there somewhere but the vid i checked didnt impress me that much.

SF The Movie was digitized and its actually a pretty good game, with an awesome soundtrack.

Can’t judge a book by its cover you know.

This game looks awesome. Someone run this shit at NEC

After using everyone I’m liking Yeung the most. She’s not really a combo heavy character but has pokes to keep people at a distance. A lot of her specials aren’t so hot up close though which can be a real problem vs rushdown types. I’ll see what I can dig up with her. I might use Lau also since he’s pretty straight forward.

Wow, I saw a few vids of this game a few months ago. I’ve always assumed it was a very creatively made MUGEN game but now I know I’m dead wrong. Also, I have a way to play it thanks to this informational topic.

Props

you think WHP is a bad game

shut the fuck up

this game is sick.

Yeah M.Lion seems like he could be alright in the right hands, although most of the stuff is crap. The main thing he’s got going for him is long range on some of his stuff, and those projectiles, which actually put you in hitstun long enough for lion to dash up and combo after. His normals seem to have decent range, but it sucks that his fat head sticks out so far anyways. Other than that, the slide sucks really bad, you can’t cancel it and it’s mad punishable, as is the psycho crusher.

I’ve been playing red jackie now. I’m cautiously optimistic, but we’ll see.