Jackie Chan in Fists of Fire is gdlk

looks very fun =D, having some issues with the game working properly, but hopefully i can get it worked out sometime today.

Just letting you know that this game is serious. Keep up the good work!

Have you guys thrown some love Daraku Tenshi’s way? Now there was a great and sadly overlooked fighting game. Not only did it play well, but the characters were huge and the atmosphere was incredible, making you feel like you’re actually there.

Get this shit at Evooooooooo!

that game sucks

Good shit making a thread for it. :lol:

Just for anyone who doesn’t know, Mikado (sometimes written as Mi-Ka-Do) is an longtime arcade in the Shinjuku area of Tokyo, that is famous for hosting tournaments for just about any fighting game you can imagine. If you’ve ever seen a weird or dumb or silly or obscure fighting game in the arcade and thought to yourself, “Hah, I’ll bet no one in the world ever played this one seriously,” you were probably wrong because Mikado probably had a high-level competition for it at some point in time. Needless to say, Mikado is beloved and awesome.

Alright, so here’s a quick breakdown of my main White Jackie a.k.a. Chairman Jackie:

His normals are pretty good. Low short is faster than low jab, but jab has better range and more + frames on block. Repeated dashing jabs are pretty good to make the opponent freeze for a bit. His low HK is solid all-around and a staple in combos, although it is unsafe on block unless at max range. His HPs can all be crouched, although low HP still isn’t bad to use in footsies once in a while. And, of course, you have the f+HK overhead, which leads to big-damage combos; chaining into this from low short is pretty good when you have low HK and dash throw to back it up.

His throw is arguably the best in the game, as he can juggle from it for 50-70% depending on character and position. 50% is the worst-case scenario, though.

As for his specials, dashing elbow and upkicks are both unsafe and strictly combo material - use upkicks when close and elbow from a distance. Upkicks are good for anti-air as well, but you shouldn’t be jumping in this game to begin with. The air fireball is decent, although the dashes make it hard to create the space for it and you can’t tiger-knee it. His super is easily one of the best in the game, as it hurts quite a bit and (more importantly) does a lot of safe chip damage. Usually it’s best just to save it for chip kills.

Your goal with this Jackie is to get in close and work your low short/overhead/throw mixup, simple as that. You’ll likely need to poke some to freeze the opponent up, but he isn’t bad at that either. With his options and ridiculous damage output, he’s definitely top 3 in the game.

COMBOS:

1. cr.LK -> cr.HK xx dp+K, dash forward with cr.HK xx dp+K, OTG with 2 sweeps - The Double Dutch loop! Really easy but requires you to land the cr.LK rather close for the first dp+K to combo. Watch for the opponent to bounce off the ground, then do your sweep and it should juggle. Also works fine in the corner, just walk forward until the opponent lands instead of dashing.

2. cr.LK -> cr.HK xx hcf+HP/super, dash forward and OTG with 1-2 sweeps - When you’re out of range for the first combo. Only use the super if you need that bit of extra damage to win, otherwise save it for the chip.

3. f+HK, dash forward slightly with combo #1/2 depending on distance - Just the overhead version of the above, remember that f+HK only gets 1 hit on crouchers. Probably the most difficult combo in this game, but that still isn’t saying much.

4. (Midscreen) Throw, dash forward twice into cr.HK xx dp+LK, OTG with 2 sweeps - Also the best combo to use in the corner vs. the majority of the cast - instead of dashing, walk forward until they’re about to land then do the rest.

5. (Corner-only vs. Thorsten/Sam/Kim/M.Lion) Throw, walk backward until opponent is about to land, cr.HK -> cr.HP xx dp+HK, OTG with 2 sweeps - The 70% combo I was referring to earlier. This also works on everyone except Yeung if the throw is from just outside the corner, though what you do for positioning depends on the exact distance. Just make sure the opponent lands in the corner with you right in front of them and you’re good.

That about covers it, I think I might take on Thorsten next since he’s also really simple. I’m still not sure what good hit-confirm combos he has besides low shorts into super etc. - upkicks don’t have a lot of range (can combo from 2-3 low shorts but it’s not the most reliable thing). Low shorts into wheel kick is pretty blah as far as this game goes.

“You’re getting better!”

Only Jackie is man enough to say that after losing.

Jackie is lame, because you cannot fatality him at all ever. Ruins the game.

Yeah, looks like no matter how bad you beat him you’re still not good enough to be better than him…

If Kevin Chan “Jackie” was playable in this game, he’d be god like.

does anyone understand the launch properties on drunken jackie’s standing toe kick normal? is it random dizzy? anti air from my opponent jumping away? part of a special chain? what’s the best punish?

edit: happens at 7:38 and 7:52 with a different normal

[media=youtube]_KKIBysVecw&feature=related[/media]

Alright, time for some info on Thorsten!

Let’s get this out of the way first: His special moves are pretty terrible outside of combos. The ground smash isn’t an overhead or anything, and it’s easily whiff-punishable. Upkicks are great anti-air except, again, nobody should jump in this game. The wheel kick is unsafe, although it does beat lows. HP teleport is the only bright spot here, although I’m not sure if you can use it as a reversal or not.

His normals, on the other hand, are some of the best. His low short is this game’s equivalent to SF4 Balrog’s low jab, and it starts all of his ground combos. Low HK and stand HK are excellent pokes, though you can’t really use stand HK in footsies or else you’ll get accidental wheel kicks. And his overhead is one of the better ones.

His throw is also one of the best in the game, leads to solid damage at midscreen and almost as much as White Jackie’s in the corner.

His super is an absolute game-changer for reasons that will be shown shortly…also does nice chip even if they crouch block it, though it’s very unsafe.

Overall he’s pretty much like White Jackie except with less mixup, more ground game, and even more emphasis on the super. Easily top 4, and a threat to take out anyone.

COMBOS:

cr.LKx2-3 xx b,f+LK, OTG with 1-2 sweeps - Boring, but his most reliable hit-confirm without meter. Hold d/b during the LKs then pres f+LK.

cr.LKx2 xx d,u+HK, walk forward slightly, cr.HP xx d,u+HK, OTG with 2 sweeps - As long as you can make sure you’re close enough, this should replace the above combo as it does a ton of damage. Seems to be less reliable on crouching opponents though, which is why I don’t completely ignore the first combo.

(Midscreen) Throw, b,f+HK, OTG with 1-2 sweeps - Self-explanatory, pretty good damage.

(Near Corner) Throw, cr.HP xx d,u+HK, OTG with 2 sweeps - Again, easy and tons of damage. Pay attention to your position to see whether you have to dash or just walk forward to set up the juggle.

(vs. everyone except Thorsten) cr.LKx3 xx super, cr.HP x d,u+HK (dizzy), j.HP-j.HK, d,u+HK, cr.HP xx d,u+HK, OTG with 2 sweeps) - Yes, folks, a 100% from low short! I didn’t even know this game had dizzies until I tried this, and I still never get them with anyone else. Thorsten doesn’t get dizzied by this, but it still hurts even without that. The first part is a tad bit tricky - hold d/f during the LKs then quickly do b,f+KK.

why is everyone blue in this game

Hey thanks for the help earlier Josh. There was another issue, but…uhh…you know.

Anyways, I’ve been playing drunk Jackie. He seems alright, but it’s hard to get anything decent off of his overhead, most I can get is a couple c.lk pokes. For a BnB though, I’ve just been using:
c.lk, c.hk, d,u+HP, otg with jugs.

I was using the hcb+p before, but it doesn’t knock down, I pretty much just use it for chip damage now.

Blue man group?

I just showed some of the vids to a couple of people I know and one of them mentioned that Jackie 8 reminds him of Rufus (does something similar to Rufus’s cr.LK, cr.LP,cr.LP, st.LP, cr.MK EX tornado BnB, minus the st.LP and the punch special instead of the tornado).

I have to say, this game looks actualy good and serious in a fun way, I would like to spend some time on it, I will try to play it on MAME once I have time for it, good thread and Information Josh :tup:

I just found out that you don’t have to hold both punches or both kicks to charge your super bar. You can just hold down HP or HK to charge meter. Even though charging meter will likely never happen in a match like Josh mentioned. Just a heads up.

poon: Those are the invincible rising attacks I referred to in the OP. You perform them by pressing either LK or HK as you get up. I think you can juggle after some of them, need to look into this a bit more.

yourmother: Drunk Jackie’s overhead is actually best or 2nd best in the game. You can link from it with a dashing cr.LK -> cr.HP xx whatever.

And yeah, hcb+P seems to be equally unsafe on block and hit. I think Thorsten may even be able to punish with super -> 100%, though I really need someone else around to test this.

Nocturnal: Thanks, will edit OP!