iPhone, anyone?

In signed with at&t. What happens if I jailbreak my phone now? Nothing to crazy I hope.
thx in advance.

uh so i dont think anyone around heres mentioned it…

but the iphone 2 comes out june 9. i know someone who works for at&t corporate, and they confirmed that it will indeed be around $200 (they are entitled to a 10% discount).

its rumored to have 3g, gps, and possibly even twice the hd capacity.

now that its got 3g onboard, and that the price has plummeted to something reasonable, im considering getting one (and selling my $100 40 gig zune).

BUT, ive also been hearing 3g eats up a ton of battery life. so that holds me back from getting one on launch.

If I recall correctly nothing really happens…

You can still user your phone as you normally would, as well as the enhanced features of having your phone unlocked… However don’t expect Apple to service your phone if it breaks… since it voids the warranty.

Eh, the price you pay for unlocking your phone. heh.

$200 with or without discount? If so, i’m coppin monday

can u turn the 3g off?

there isnt a confirmation n release of iphone 2 yet.
all rumors still.
dontcha think?
if not…

im lining up

Nothing will happen to your phone if you jailbrake/unlock your phone. You can easily restore your phone back to factory default settings. Apple will never know.

The iPhone 2nd gen is planned on being ANNOUNCED June 9th, not released for sale June 9th.

Yes.

There were a few screen shot’s released of the 2.0 firmware (that the 2nd gen iPhone’s will come with) that show a 3G on/off switch.

It is also rumored to be thicker than the 1st gen leading to believe that a bigger battery replaces the smaller battery of the 1st gen. That and the on/off switch should make up for the 3G.

I personally will stick with the 1st gen. There’s no reason a T-mobile user like me will benefit from anything the 2nd gen has to offer. Especially since I have everything customized to the way I like it. This thing is becoming quite customizable. A VLC player app is even being released soon. No more need to convert movie files.

For more news and updates, check out THISsite.

**“Ay cuhh (cuz) you got dat iphone? YOU CAN TOUCH DAT BIT (bitch) FOLK!”

lol @ me still running into people around town acting like the iphone is the only phone with a touch screen.**

We all suspected it, but now it is confirmed: someone very, very close to the 3G iPhone launch has told me that Apple will announce their new model at the WWDC Keynote on June 9th. **The second-generation iPhone will be available worldwide right after the launch, **and not at year’s end, as previously thought. The new model will also herald new sales policies in some countries.

like i said, i know someone who works for at&t. and its not at&t we sell cellphones, its at&t corporate. and theyre all prepping for next week’s launch. my source is not a rumor.

kinda like how septimus has all this random info on sony but can never go into detail.

as for the corporate discount, my friend is getting 10% off of 200, leaving it at 180 for employees.

iphoneeeeeeeee!!!

I’m assumung that this is $200 w/ contract, cause if not i’m grabbing the old first gen at some insanely low price

new version should have GPS and 3G, as well as a front panel camera for video conferencing… and yes subsidized prices from AT&T.

i already have 2 iphones. think they will still let me buy new ones at $200 and re-up my contract?

my contract is up on my bday (june 12) so i’mma def have to consider the new iphone although i’m leaning towads the blackjack II at the moment.

Sling media has an app for the iphone! TV 24/7 now!

So the 3G iPhone will be released today?

Announced.

WWDC Conference going on now. They should announce look and features of the new phone, apps, and firmware. Possibly a sale date.

Fuck it, I’ll just buy a n95-4 or n96 lol.

Anyone know if any stores got it? Any updates?

Not sure if stores have it yet, but if they did, I doubt they’d sell it today. There’s been virtually no marketing, I doubt Apple is going to go on word of mouth. I’m sure they plan on marketing the shit out of the 2nd gen.

Live stream of the WWDC Conference up HERE.

Updates of what’s happened so far HERE.