iPhone, anyone?

apple took down there online store earlier today…

available july 11. only 199 for 8 gb, and 299 for 16 gb (max price worldwide)… and it comes in white too.

only the 16gb one. cant wait.

The iPhone 3G’s 3G chip might not have the 1700 band on it. If so, then those who expect 3G speeds through an unlocked iPhone 3G on T-Mobile’s network will have to rely on EDGE, lol.

So every other provider will be able to use the 3G iPhone’s full data speeds but not T-Mobile USA.

It still remains to be seen though. Maybe someone can dig through the FCC’s documents to find out if it does have 1700 or not. Otherwise we’ll have to wait for someone to take the iPhone 3G apart.

edit
I just went to Apple’s website and it’s official, the iPhone 3G will not support T-Mobile’s 3G network!

is 199 the contract price? or just retail price, cause that would just be retarded as i just bought an iphone for 250 refurbed.

I wish I didn’t have two years left on my contract with Bell :sad:

It’s $299 for the 16GB and $199 for the 8GB

Yup, will be copping a new phone July 11th.

would it be smart to sell your 1st Gen iPhone for like around $200-$225?

since not alot of people know about this news yet

You’d be surprised how many people are still trying to sell it for 400+

You better try and find someone that is willing to buy that phone at any price over $200 right away.

The iPhone 3G is going to be available in a lot of countries so even unlocked first generation iPhones will be pointless.

canadians are going to get fucked over by data plans if nothing changes by the time 3g iPhone drops.

oh yeah, 199 for 2 year contract with at&t

Question on how to cop the new phone when it comes out:

Is this going to be similar to the PS3? Camping out over night for it. They’re going to be sold at Apple stores, and AT&T wireless stores, but I don’t know what kind supply they’re getting. And I’m sure the demand is going to be ridiculous.

Anyone?

Fuck, I hope someone finds a way to unlock them. I don’t plan on ever signing up with a contract again.

If it’s anything like the launch of the first one, it shouldn’t be a big deal. Just a lot of dumbasses camping out so they could grab some for eBay. Completely ignorant to the fact that the damn phone came out in the summer so there was no holiday rush or huge demand.

Of course the price drop makes me a little concerned though…it’ll be more “attainable” this time.**

I heard apple has a nice stock pile of phones, I hope it shouldn’t be an issue going in to a store (apple or att) and getting one. :woot:

Oh cool, I just don’t wanna have to camp out to get one.

I just called an AT&T store and they said they haven’t been given any procedures yet as to how they’re going to sell the phones, which I figured they wouldn’t, but I’m gonna try and call next week and see if theirs any updates.

I wish they would just do pre-orders.

I’m just glad they held off on releasing it for a while. I gotta take my cheap ass to Gamestop this week and get that 80gb PS3 with Metal Gear 4…

They’re doing a midnight launch for it. Should be pretty hype.

The price drop certainly makes the iPhone attractive, but I still don’t really see any reason for me to upgrade from my 8525.

Good move by Apple on the price drop, but the 3G support not being in the first version of the iPhone… I was talking to one of my friends about it earlier this morning and he said that is how Apple makes their money. Get everyone hooked on the product but have a “flaw” that forces an upgrade. The speed differences between 2G and 2.5G to 3G would be significant enough to force that upgrade. I can definitely see that as a reason why they didn’t make the first version 3G right off the bat.