iPhone, anyone?

i’ve never seen anyone with a helio…ever. the only thing i know is that they can use myspace or something. it looks like the only people i know that might get this phone are people that have sidekicks and still think they’re hot shit, which sucks for apple bcuz i don’t see someone buying out of their plan AND dropping $600 on a new phone/plan with at&t.
as far as htc being buggy, i’d disagree. granted i’ve never used the stock rom that comes with the phone but i’ve never encountered any problems with the one i have (hacked WM6). also i’m wondering why at&t doesn’t have the iphone listed with all of it’s other phones on the smartphone page…that cost $300 less.

supposedly, you can’t text from the iPhone… fail

SMS is available for the iPhone. MMS is surprisingly not available for the iPhone. Therefore in order to send pictures to another phone, the user would have to use the receiver’s e-mail address for his/her phone. Sadly you can only attach one picture per message which I find very disappointing.

The lack of business applications will likely be addressed through software updates or downloadable applications. Maybe Google will create an online application that will allow users to view/edit word documents and spreadsheets.

Call quality and signal strength is great with the iPhone. Of course the provider has to fill their end of it by providing good coverage through placement of transmitters and towers.

I have tried the iPhone and have posted on SRK once using it. Typing was never an issue with me as I got used to the keyboard real quick. I haven’t really gotten into trying the iPhone’s e-mail capabilities like if it can manage multiple accounts instead of one but I’ll find out once I get another crack at the gadget.

The iPhone is a good phone but is barely a smartphone. It doesn’t have Office programs but does have a really good web browser and sleek interface. I won’t comment on the iPod feature other than it has been executed very well on Apple’s part.

The iPhone isn’t for everybody and as omni said, no phone is perfect.

Umm…try reading before you post. I’ve been textingwith mine since Friday. Still posting from my iPhone.

Derek Daniels

oh, my mistake then. no MMS. sorry

even still, why would such an elementary feature not be added?

Personally, for the price, I don’t see the point. A blackjack costs about a third of that price, and a 60GB ipod about the same, and now you have two seperate devices that give you the same features. int erms of looks, yeah, the iphone looks nicer than any phone that i’ve seen, but i can’t see shelling out half a grand on a phone that doesn’t have everything.

I’ll stick with my htc wizard, at least I can add all the programs i want on it.

ahhh…gotcha. I didn’t get a cell phone 'till I moved up to Seattle. Don’t keep up with the news.

Alot of the iPhone hate in this thread is higher-faggotry. JT hit that shit on the head.

If my post at the top of page4 didn’t clear it up for yall bitches then lemme spell it out.

IPHONE G1=FAIL

IPHONE G2=WIN?

Bottom line is that i don’t have $600 to spend on a cellphone but if i did then i would expect it to be PERFECT and iphone while having many practical applications for it’s demographic as well as being very aesthetically pleasing is by no means PERFECT or even near perfect so i’ma wait for G2 and even then i prolly won’t buy one since i got a 60gig video ipod but i’m sure the G2 iphone will silence all the haterade.

Well I got one on Friday and I like all the cool little features. Typing on the touchscreen keyboard is not as bad as everyone says it is. You make a lot of mistakes at first, but after Typing in all of my phone numbers from my other cell I got used to how to place my fingers when typing. At first I could only do it by using my right pointer finger, but now i can use both thumbs and type quickly without many typos.

Going online isn’t really an issue either, web pages load up relatively quickly, SRK took about 7 seconds give or take. I’m actually glad that it isn’t on 3G, I like having a really long battery life. Oh yeah thats another thing, the battery lasts for a really long time since this Friday I have only charged it once. And this is after extensive use on the internet, listening to music and taking pics. The only complaint i have is that it doesent support Flash or Java. Like when I go on YTMND the images dont load up but the sound does.

Overall its really cool and sexy. I dont really get all the hate, becuase every time i let people mess with it they get a kick out using it. Especially when they view pics and zoom in and out by pinching the screen.

I have a general phone question: How long does it usually take before i can get incoming calls? I switched my phone number from Sprint to AT&T and when friends call me or send me text messages, it goes to my old phone. I can call them from my new phone but they cant call or text me.

Thanks. I was wondering why it’s taking so damn long. This is my first time switching carriers, so I wasn’t sure how long this process takes.

Any info on when this comes to canada?

Explore invers3

this is my iphone, check it out guys. THIS is the future imo.

Dubbed the Chinese iPhone, we?re familiar with the form factor and touchscreen looks of Meizu?s miniOne. We know that Meizu will take out telephony, at least for the time being, and we?ve learned recently of the miniOne?s face-lift. I know it takes a lot of effort to get interested in the miniOne?s specs outside the superficial form factor, the need to be objective compels us to be give our attention. So here are Meizu miniOne PMP specs.

• ARM11 533MHZ (perhaps Samsung S3C6400) processor

• 128MB DDR SDRAM cache (two 16 512Mb chip components 1024Mb 3 2)

GSM+EDGE+WCDMA

• WIN CE6.0 based on the Windows CE kernel FOR MEIZU M8

• Video decoder CODEC (Possible Samsung S3C6400 built-CODEC)

• 3.32-inch TFT VGA ?720 x 480? 16 million colors Touchscreen

• 3 megapixel camera and a .3 megapixel VGA for conferencing (Autofocus, no flash)

• 1600mAHBattery : 1600mAH

• Bluetooth (with GPS access) , Line Out with DMB support, Wi-Fi connectivity with wireless card

• Plays 30fps 720 x 480 AVI, MPEG4, WMV videos and other mainstream video formats, even Real player through decoder, also video recording, and digital TV and GPS through DMB with downloadable maps.

about 2,000 yuan ($260) for the 4GB, 2500 yuan ($324) for the 8GB and 3500 yuan ($ 453) for the 16GB

Lol… Suckers. Time to wait 6 or so months and get myself a $453 miniOne and have it work with t-mobile ^_^! But then again, engadget says sites have it up atm for $988+… Whatever, I’ll still get it over iPhone+Contract. :expressionless:

And… Apple is a bunch of fags for making $300+ off every iPhone… Assholes. :frowning:

hahahaha nice :tup:

There is only one thing that Apple really excels at as a company, and that’s marketing. For the price of an iPod you can get a much better MP3 player. Same goes for a laptop. Same goes for a phone.

I find the only reason to get an Apple product is to be “cool.” It’s like the Loius Vuitton of electronics. Spend an ass load of money for something when there is something else better for less.

Of course everyone knows that marketting is Apples main thing. You actually think they care about consumer? Its called purposely lock certain features and release them 3 months later in another generation. Sadly the smart ones wait till the 4th and 5th one, and there arent many of those folks around.

I have a question, a good buddy of mine had activated an account with att to get an iphone, so now he can’t pay it off so he wants to sell it. Heres the question, can I transfer my number from cingular sim to an att sim so that I can make it work, or do i have to have the original sim that came with the phone?

shouldnt u be able to change ur number regardless. wasnt their sum law passed that required cellphone companies to allow people to take their number to a new company?

The sim that comes with the iPhone will work for any GSM phone, but not vice versa.

That phone fucking sucks. Very poorly constructed and I would not feel secure using it.

The G2 version better have duct tape support.

Other than that…no phone is perfect…