iPhone, anyone?

[media=youtube]Usr9rp5VUVs[/media]

verizon iphone comes UNLOCKED!

ip5 jailbroken wtf!

[media=youtube]zZqmwSeg6co[/media]

[media=youtube]aRlOM3y4yG4[/media]

lol

Sick! Now just to wait for a public version, hopefully untethered.

fuck you apple. ipad mini is too expensive. $300 bucks was my absolute limit.

I’d THINK about it if it was retina. But I odnt’ see a reason to get this over an iPad2. I was seriously contemplating it, but between the high cost (should be $250-$300 to be competitive) and it being just an iPad2 meets a iTouch…

I’ll stick with my iPad1 & iPhone4 until Apple makes an iPad with more storage space. If they take too long, I’ll move to someone who will cross into 100 GB territory…so I can actually keep some media on there.

• :bluu:

I dont see myself getting a new iPad and iPhone as the iPad1 and 4S is more than good enough. Honestly I dont see myself getting the iPhone 5 simply because there are better 4G phones out there.

Is possible to jailbreak 4s yet? Or a5 or whatev ?

my phone contract is done in july and i will be done with iphones forever. i can’t wait. new ipad mini is the same as the 5, unimpressive. i would rather buy the nexus 7 over the mini.

the jailbreak for the 4s has been out forever. hell the 5 was jailbroke the day it was out.

An untethered jailbreak for the 5 is not out just yet.

If what I’m reading is true (and I’ve been reading it in a bunch of places so it appears to be), the DMCA was revised so that jailbreaking or rooting a phone is still legal, but doing the same to a tablet device no longer is.

Essentially, you can jailbreak an iPhone, but not an iPad.

Also, it is revised so it is illegal to unlock ANY smartphones purchased after January 2013, unless specifically approved by your current mobile carrier. But, if your phone was purchased before Jan 2013, unlocking remains legal.

The hypocrisy astounds me.

What’s hypocritical about it?

That the DMCA ruled jailbreaking perfectly legal several years ago, now they’re outlawing it on some devices but not others? Considering that a jailbroken tablet is virtually no different than a jailbroken smartphone, the committee behind the DMCA doesn’t seem to know what they’re doing. Then the fact that unlocking is made illegal except on phones bought before a certain date seems incredibly arbitrary and unnecessary.

its because the “legal definition” of a tablet device is vague.

sometimes the law is just a bullshit fest of categorization. the law isnt really concerned with justice as much as its concerned with legality.

Hey guys, I don’t know if I’m allowed to ask this or not but here goes:

I received an iPhone 4S as a gift from a friend but the phone is locked to the carrier. The carrier is Verizon, running on iOS 6.0.1 and baseband/modem firmware is 3.0.04.

I’ve tried Googling on how to unlock Verizon 4S’s but I need to call Verizon and do all sorts of shit and I don’t have all the info needed to do all of that plus my friend isn’t with Verizon anymore.

Any suggestions on how to unlock this phone?

Thanks

Im looking at the front page of GD and not seeing a page turning story about magnetix and his asain penis adventures.

Fix this naow.

Anybody else have the iphone 5? I need to commiserate. This is my first iphone and I can’t believe how buggy this shit is, among other annoyances.

Got it on launch day, no problems at all bruv.

It feels like I have to power cycle the thing every time I want it to do something. Getting emails to push only works every couple days or so, text messaging pictures works sometimes, echofon updates when it wants to, my data speeds are slow as hell, i never get many bars no matter where I’m at, and I never get 4g service, even though I got 4g all the time on my android (and 5 bar 3g all the time).

whos your carrier and location bruv?