iPhone, anyone?

almost…

[media=youtube]lcpTf84JiOg[/media]

so they got Siri working on the i4 and last model iTouch.

I might FINALLY jailbreak for that…

• :bluu:

Anyone got the Iphone 4S? Your review/thoughts about it? I’m shopping for my first smartphone and I’m debating if I should get that or some Android phone. I heard the 4S has a short battery life, anyone confirm?

I’m still waiting on my damn 4s to be delivered by this week. I’m done with the Android phones, had a G1 and Galaxy S rooted. Was fun and all but I’m all Mac now haha.

They haven’t figured out what is causing the battery but this the latest: http://gizmodo.com/5854933/how-to-save-your-iphone-4s-crappy-battery

If I may ask, why’d you decide to switch over.

I just prefer their os > windows/andorids phones. Plus the simple design, retina display, 8mp camera quality for the phone and that the icloud feature pretty much got me wanting to get one. That’s just me. =p

When it comes to battery life with smart phones you need to look at it like this. From the moment you wake up and get your day started, till the moment you come back to bed for the night, your phone will last. Fuck all the minute details like an extra hour here or there. You are going to use your smartphone in a number of different ways and it should last you the whole day unless you are playing games for 4 hours straight. At which point you suck and need to do something else with your life. And if you do murder the life, carry around a usb cable and car adapter/wall charger.

I’ve only had a 3G and 4S and by the very nature of continually buying apps I’m feeling kind of locked into to Apple’s ecosystem. Even if I switch to a different OS for a phone I’ll probably buy an iTouch or iPad to keep using my apps. But it’s not a bad ecosytem to be in since Apple is such a stickler for making sure everything works. If it’s from Apple it’s probably not half assed. So you are getting the most refined product that is possible from that company. Androids have the potential for more cool shit overall but you have to find the right phone to go with the operating system. That’s going to take more research for yourself.

I’m happy with my 4S though. It does everything I want and it does it solidly.

I could use some advice. I just sold my 3rd gen Ipod touch and I’m trying to decide on the 4th gen or the 5th 8g. Since the device only has around 6 gigs of actual space instead of the 8 I’m wondering if I buy the 4th Gen will the update to the new OS require even more space. What if the update requires 100’s of mb and then I have even less space.

I just prefer the black one over the white but the new one will have been recently been produced in comparison to a 4th gen that might have been sitting on a shelf for year with an old battery draining over time.

just got a 4s last week. phone is awesome since i was coming from an old 3g.

so ive been playing infinity blade for weeks now. its really fun. would recommend to anyone.

any must have apps that i need to know about?

i almost wasnt going to post this on account of how much i like it. i really hope none of you live in california.

[media=youtube]9cSErnBsFf8[/media]

anyone have some good sites they go to for anything iphone/apple related?

Not a must have, but SF4 Volt is on sale for $0.99 / £0.69 at the moment, down from $6.99 / £4.99 if anyone wants it.

Tapatalk, Colloquy, Dropbox, and a flashlight app are pretty much all I have on mine.

I’d like to know which apps I should get too

As fun as it is they need to fix the dodge buttons. I’ve done too many accidental dodges no matter the button size. But I am still looking forward to the sequel.

thats funny you say that cuz i get too many unresponsive dodges, stand there and get hit.

just got evernote and the dolphin browser. i like dolphin way better than safari

So the moral of the story is that they need to tighten that ish up.

must have iphone app, imo:

alfred

its free and recommends places to eat based on places you like and its scary good at it.