iPhone, anyone?

Why not get a Touch? I’m sure capacity is the reason but how much content do you plan on keeping with you at a given time? I have an 8gb 3G and the only downside is that I can’t carry more apps. Music on the other hand? I have a server that streams music to my phone and I only keep what I know want on tap (usually new music) on my phone. I used to think that having all my music at once would be important to me but my collection will, for the next couple of years I’m sure, outpace the capacity of mobile devices. If someone makes a breakthrough in flash storage that makes a 1tb as cheap as it would be for disk based then nm.

I have a touch, and its more than necessary. I want a large capacity source for music for in the car and at work. I’ve been using my 30 gig for the past 4+ years, but 30 gigs of music is far from alot. Hell I could fill up the 160 and stil lbe missing tons of stuff. when I drove to florida this summer I had to clear out my classic and my nano (about 45 gigs of space) and I still felt lacking. I’m going to end up scooping a classic eventually, I just keep putting it off because of…well th e cost, and I guess my comments are more …why is Apple or people surprised that the sells of the classic are slowing down. It isn’t just that people want it to do more (touch), but ath the price point of the ‘only’ model classic that is available - I can essentialyl get a touc hwhich does more but has shit for space (my iPhone has 10 gigs of just apps right now, not videos or music, just apps)…I could be wrong, but it just seems like they’ve screwed up the conomics of ‘just music’. The nano is a GREAT device and could serve a good replacement for the classic, but it can’t do that until they increase the size of it. It’s capped at I think 16 gigs right now…thats half o my classic from 4 years ago!

iDunno. I’m not trying to vent or complain, just doesn’t make sense to me that they are planning on discontinuing it - and blame it on ‘sales’ when they’ve priced it out of the market. As time goes on old technologies should either improve or drop in price.

• :bluu:

Exactly what I thought too, hence throwing a bone until the i5 is released. Personally I’d rather they did that (release 4s) and fix any outstanding problems with the i5 before its release rather than suffer the backlash of an unhappy customerbase.

I also completely agree on the touch screen issue, either I have fingers like sausages or it just never calibrates correctly. I have the same issue on my HTC. The irony is that I text way faster on an old style handset than a touchscreen one!

I’m guessing it’s because Apple and the industry is moving towards cloud storage? shrug

http://dailydish.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451c45669e20153921751aa970b-popup

Heh, all that for a bunch of nothing honestly. Still have a 3gs through work, no point in upgrading.

http://dailydish.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451c45669e20153921751aa970b-popup

so has anyone heard any rumors regarding iphone5?

saw a youtube video of someone predicting spring release.

i dont know if i should get a 4s or wait for a 5…

You see how long we waited for this one? I mean if you get a 4S now you’ll be behind by one device but when the 5S comes out you’ll be the new kid on the block again.

Btw, my damn home button doesn’t work on my 3G. Friday can’t come soon enough now.

but iphone 4s isnt a “new” phone. like street fighter 2 ce isnt a “new” street fighter.

i was waiting all this time for iphone 5. and now all i get instead is 4s? im willing to wait till spring if thats the case.

Siri is pretty dope, but I’m not upgrading, I’ll wait for next year. iOS 5 is coming out today I think.

So I’ve been rocking a Razor since middle school, but I guess its time to update.

I was looking at coping the Iphone 4s or the samgung galaxy s2 epic long name blah blah blah.

Updating to iOS5 atm.

I’m probably doing it tonite, or tomorrow night.

Does it allow you to download/change you text message noise? I fucking hate mine

How did it go?

My iPhone 3GS went pretty quick. It bugged once at the restore, but other than that it went fine. Just remember to use your previous backup when setting up iOS5, instead of making it a “new” iPhone like it suggests. I lost all my contacts first, but when I plugged the phone back in it restored itself to get my contacts and such, still in iOS5. My phone was upgraded today to 4.3.5, from a previous 4.3.3 jailbroken one today in preperation for 5.0.

My iPad 2 was a whole other matter. Took a lot of time to get this right. It was also a jailbroken 4.3.3 version, done by JailbreakMe. However, I didn’t pre-update it to 4.3.5 before, and after getting my phone done, I could only go straight to 5.0, which turned out to be problematic. Got errors while restoring/creating backup and I tried lots of fixes with DFU and restore files, but what eventually worked was doing the iTunes restore over and over, and eventually it worked.

Other than those errors, which I’m pretty sure are my own faults with jailbroken stuff, it worked fine. It’s nothing hard to set up/install or so.

I don’t think you can change them, however, there seems to be a lot more default ones available. You might find one you like more there. But you can change to your own sms-sounds if you want to, with a jailbroken phone. I used a custom one myself on my phone prior to this update, and I could help you if you want to, and are open to jailbreaking your phone. You do it by replacing the actual system files/the sms-tones inside the phones explorer, via SSH tunneling the phone. You could probably find tutorials pretty easy with some googling though. It’s not really hard, you just convert it to the proper filetype, go into your phones directory and replace a sms-tone file (it will still show up with the default tones name though). It does take a little bit of work though.

Well, just ask and I’d be happy to help if you run into any problems, if you decide to do it. :slight_smile:

Got my 4S but AT&T is slow on the activation. To be expected but darn darn darn. I need this phone now (my home button on my 3G is broken).

I got iOS5 on my iPad now, but it whiped my apps so I let those redownload while I’m at work. I hope to upgrade my phone when I get home.

• :bluu:

Yeah I finally upgraded too. Figured jailbreak for iOS5 is coming very soon anyway so I went ahead. The one thing I hate is Google Voice keeps crashing on me, hope they fix it soon.

how long does it usually take for a jailbreak to come out??

I read that they already have a tethered jailbreak for iOS5, so you could go with that if you like. But that means the untethered one is coming really soon.

Infinity Blade is so cool. It’s just sorely lacking in the environments. I hope the sequel has a longer main game with a lot of different branching paths (along with a grid ala Darius to let you know which path you are taking). But even so the fighting is furious and the graphics are super pretty. I likey.

And Groove Coaster is the sheeeeeeeit!