iPhone, anyone?

I have the 3GS, I want the 5.

i want the 5 too

PM away.

There’s actually a pretty significant speed difference.

Also, Verizon and AT&T are getting wise to people tethering. I know AT&T is already sending out notices about tethering. It’s bullshit, since you’re paying for the data, but it’s just another way that AT&T is trying to make more money by charging people twice for something.

AT&T is doing more than send notices. The notices tell u ur now paying the tethering fee

Anywho, how can I download different text message sounds??? I found SMS tones, but have zero idea WTF they affect, and either way can’t find better text messages sounds :frowning:

Edit:
Any idea how to avoid losing any free apps I downloaded on my jailbroken iPhone, when I connect it to my pc? Itunes surpluses and removes anything I have downloaded “illegally”

there’s tons of text message sound in cydia, otherwise you can make your own and SSH into your files and put them in that way.

Im one of the LUCKY few, when I originally signed up for my 3GS I was under the unlimited data plan…and they still have to honor that. I’ve been whoring the fuck out of tethering with mywi on my ip4 now and they’ve never charged me a damn thing. I am worried though, since IP5 is coming out, and since its probably going to be 4G, theyre probably gonna try to stick me onto some new plan if i decide to get it. Might have to ride it out with the ip4

It’s probably not going to be 4G. The smallest 4G antenna available doesn’t seem to be small enough for iPhones yet. What I have heard about the iPhone 5 is that it’ll have a screen that goes all the way to sides. I’m suspect that the iPhone 5 will be to the iPhone 4 what the 3GS was to the 3G.

It’s not gonna be 4g. I’m telling ya’ll.

As much as I like my iPhone, if I had money to burn and a need to upgrade this year, I’d go with the HTC Thunderbolt. I won’t be eligible for an upgrade from AT&T until next year, so I can hold out and see what 2012 has to offer (besides the end of the world)

meh dont care about 4g on my Verizon Iphone. Most of the time im in a wifi spot and verizon’s 3g seems pretty damn fast.

My installous has an opotion in it’s actual app that syncs with itunes, does yours have that too? I have no problems when it’s on.

I’m still rockin’ the old 3G version. Hopefully there will be enough of a reason for me to upgrade to 5, if not, then 4 it is. My phone runs so slow now.

My plan isn’t up until May, mixed in with the money spent upgrading crap in the house, and I won’t be able to afford an iPhone until the 5 is out, even if that IS next year as opposed to this year. :shrug: I’m losing more and more interest in an iPhone anyway (well not just iPhone but internet enabled)…the idea of my phone bill going from 56 bux a month to damn near or @ $100 is a HUGE turn off…factoring in the actual cost of the hardware…I’m tempted to just spend the money on a 3G iPad2 (or 3 - thats when I’m looking again) or something. Besides I actually like my Alias 2…

• :bluu:

sounds like the new iphone will be out in september

yep, using the same proccessor as the iPad 2 with a slightly bigger screen than the i4. The timing sucks, but I’m just going to hold out.

Does anyone know if AT&T cracks down on tethering if you’re using less than 2GB of your limit?

I’ve heard ythey’ve been ‘gentle’ about tethering, and havne’t hard cracked down…yet.

It also depends on the app your using to tether.

I still think the whole idea is STUPID for non-unlimited plans, I should be allowed to do with my data as I please, I’m aleady overpaying like fuck for it.

It is. I’m using MyWi. I rarely tether though. I’ve been reading that it doesn’t matter what app you use, they can still detect if your tethering. I’m hoping they don’t check on people using less than 2GB of data.

Help me view SRK on my iPhone plzzzzzz!