iPhone, anyone?

argh, i gotta pay money for Colloquy? Damn, I was hoping for a semi decent FREE irc client.

and yeah, I still can’t change my friggin’ lockscreens ;( I want a badass lockscreen (I downloaded the SF4 Super Bar one, but apparantly you have to do some work to make it work on an iPhone 4, and I dunno how to do that work)

I use best clear lock screen. Shit is sexy. SBS Settings, installous, glaskart hd as the theme,mitube, appbox pro, etc.

I’ll check out the irc client. Thanks.

I still love my iPhone, but right now I’m messing with a captivate that I just rooted and put on froyo. Android is pretty cool, but god damn, rooting and getting new roms isn’t nearly as straight forward as jailbreaking an iPhone.

you might have the battery lockscreen… like the one where u connect to your pc and its shows a batter for that!
yeah, its different when its plug’d in or not!
and if its not the case… I UNNO BRAH! I UNNO!

THE burrberry theme sucks! lmao…
PS look at the gunslinger one… is that an anime bout cowboys? Not the gay orphan children one, haha…
I had the Green AK, Mega Man boss screen, and pot leaf while charged…
now its all gucci bby! its to clean!

Got the 3GS in today. Still on the fence about jailbreaking it. Gotta do my homework on it first.

What do you want to know?

Just update to 4.2.1, download green poison, win.

It’s the simplest jailbreak I’ve ever done on a iDevice in a long time.

I was just curious as to what other applications besides emulators I should look forward to after jailbreaking. Also, will doing so wipe out anything already stored in memory (i.e. my contact list)?

Just go to itunes first and make a backup in case of emergency. You wont mess up or brick your phone, but it’s just safe to always back it up.

Once backed up, turn the phone off, and follow the on screen instructions. I’ve jailbroken 2 iphones, 1 ipod touch, and my iPad using green poison with 4.2.1. No issues on messing up or losing data.

i can’t change my lockscreen for the life of me lol

I put a custom picture on there when I first got my iPhone, before I jailbroke it. dunno if maybe that’s doing something about it. I can change literally EVERYTHING else, except my lockscreen/passcode screen…wtf :frowning:

Here’s what I don’t get…tethering…why are companies charging for it? It’s not like the data you send is ANY different than the data you send from the phone itself. This is honestly the MAIN reason I would jailbreak…I am NOT paying 20 bucks a month for capped internet on an extra device.

Is there any jailbraiking difference from verizon and AT&T? If jailbroken, can you ever revert to factory?

• :bluu:

can anyone pm me some good sources? i had to restore my phone and lost everything on it. it was weird. my phone froze today, i turned it off and then when i tried to turn it back on it wouldn’t get past the apple logo. tried putting it in DFU mode and still nothing.

Yes you can go back to factory settings if you don’t want the jailbreak any more.

As for right now, the verizon iphone uses 4.2.6 which is exactly the same as 4.2.1 for ATT. The only difference is CDMA compatibility. Green poison will jailbreak both untethered.

So my ancient non-smart phone is finally busted, and I’m looking to get an iphone.

Questions:

My family has been on AT&T since it was Cingular, a long time. Also, I have an upgrade available to me. I plan on getting the data plan of course, so what range price-wise would I be looking at for the whole purchase, and then monthly fees?

Well if anyone has thought about getting an iPad, the entry model is dirt cheap right now. I found it at Best Buy for $400 and I’ve heard that you can find it for $350 in some places.

Keep in mind that the iPad 2 is released on the 11th. And from what I’ve heard the $100 extra for the iPad 2 seems well worth it.

Craigslist is also currently being flooded with cheap iPads.

worth it…
not so much.
I’m not saying it’s a push over upgrade or anything, but for 95% of the people who odn’t have an iPad and thought about getting one due to finances…its really not much of a difference. I’m waiting till the next revision to get a new one.

I’m getting a new one for my wifey. The new chip and 2 camera’s make it a must have over the 1st gen model. Plus I’m getting the white one.

Anyone knows where I can get MyWi?

I agree with this as well. I’ve not got too much stuff. Which emulator should i get? I’d like to find something decent :stuck_out_tongue:

Kim empty your pm’s so i can send u something.