iPhone, anyone?

Bump, but

IT’S HERE!

Febuary 10th, 2011 is the public release date. Looks like I’ll be pre-ordering so I can get mine on the 3rd.

Verizon iPhone: no longer a myth, available in February
Quick write up on details on it. No LTE anytime soon. Improved antennae. No white model. $200 for 16Gig $300 for 32Gig. Pre-orders February 3rd. Pick up on 10th. Verizon FAQ page is crashing from traffic.

• :bluu:

Looks like Im just gonna go wit the ip4 on at&t I see alot of things that its not gonna do. You cant do voice and data @ the same time on a i.phone 4 on Verizon? I should have just waited in line when the 4 dropped…lol. As soon as I get the 4 the 5 gonna drop…lol. But I do need a new cell phone. My tmobile service just cant keep up anymore. To at&t I go, Im not gonna make the jump to verizon for the ip4 if it doesn’t do the same or more than the ip4 on at.t

Data and voice at the same time is just BS to me. When am I ever going to need to search something while I have my iphone pressed against my head. I’m sure it’ll come in handy once or twice if I could do it, but honestly, I just dont see myself needing to do this regularly. Out of 10 iphone owners I know, all friends and family, they’ve all told me they’ve never searched the web while talking on their iphones.

I might get one when my contract is up this summer for Verizon.

My stance exactly…only time I see that is if your using bluetooth and want to use like GPS or something…that doesn’t deter me in the slightest…Verizon being ‘coy’ about pricing plans and their comment about those that want it will try hard to get it…those make me nervous. My plan expires in March…so I was planning on waiting till then anyways…so those details will be known. I’m also thinking about the iPhone 5 landing a couple/few months after I switch, so I might hold off till then anyways. shrug

I’m not up till august. i’ll see what’s up with everything then. Hopefully an new iphone will be out by then.

I use data and the phone together at the same time on a regular basis.

Anyway, it doesn’t have an improved antena. You guys are wrong on that. It has a modified one to work on CDMA, instead of GSM. It’s not even a world phone. It’s a modified iPhone 4 that has CMDA parts attached to it. You probably won’t see a true phone designed for verizon till the iPhone 5.

Also, the reception issues are an actual build issue, and though it has been improved via firmware, it’s a hardware issue. One that Apple hasn’t readily wanted to deal with. I’m pretty sure the iPhone five will have a similar form factor but they’ll gut the insides to make the reception a lot better.

And if you’re using GPS and you make a phone call, the gps gets cut off. At least that’s why I’ve been told. So we’ll see.

I’ve easily been on the speaker phone and searched for an address or phone number of an establishment, multiple times. I have no idea why data and voice would not working simultaneously.

It’s because that’s how verizon’s network, well, works. CDMA, which is what Verizon runs on, cannot run data and voice at the same time. It’s always been that way.

I see a major increase of business in Verizon’s future! :slight_smile:

iPhones are the best. Verizon is lucky, release the iphone to everybody!

GPS and fact finding is about all that I can see the data overlap on…I’m not too worried about it, but I agree 100%, that its the next iPhone that should be of interest…it wil ldrop in waht July more than likely, will fix most of the issues the i4 brought to the market and hopefully work with Vz’s 4G network. I’m in no rush to switch - so long as its before the end of August, I should be fine financially, my current phone does everything I ‘need’ it too (and I love the whole flip from verti or horz style clam-shell)…so with that said - and expectig to hold on to his next phone for a long while - yeah I’m just going to wait on the i5…though I’m curious if Vz will lag behind AT&T oh iPhone models.

anybody know any good cydia app sources?

If Apple hasn’t already I hope that the iPhone 5 is FINISHED. Considering they can’t even supply AT&T customers with enough iPhones at a launch, how in the hell are they going to supply two American carriers with enough?!

And really, all the iPhone 5 needs is better glass, a naturally better camera, a bump up in storage space, a FIXED antenna, and 4g support.

should I get an iphone4 or a HTCwhatever for my new contract?

I dont know much about phones and dont really need any highly technical fancy stuff, I just want to have fast internet and some nice games. lately a lot of people seem to be switching to htc

Well, if you’re looking to doing some/a lot of gaming on your phone, stick to the iPhone. It, hands down, still has the best selection of games for your phone. Though, admittedly, the Android market is getting up there.

If Apple releases another phone, they should set different release dates for different carriers.

Lets see how long till apple releases a dual-core iphone, probably not this year maybe next year?

Honestly, I just cant see a iphone 5 coming this year. All I really see is a iphone 4 modified to run with 4G coming out in June. As far as a 5? The only thing it needs is more storage space, dual core processor, better front and rear cameras, and maybe a larger screen. Lots of phones are now going with a 4 inch or 4.3 inch touch screen, I really like them! I can see the iphone going in that direction in the future.

As far as the iphone 4 now…

I’m pre-ordering it right now and getting it release day. If a 5 comes out, I’m sure I could just de-activate the phone, sell it locally for a little less, and buy the iphone 5.

Also off topic, but current iphone 4 cases will not work. The mute button has been moved higher on the verizon version, so sorry. The only cases that do work are ones which have the side volume and mute button panel completely open.