iPhone, anyone?

is it possible to play a game with someone on droid if I have iphone?

Nope.

On a related note, the Alpha Build for iPhoDroid was released this evening. I’m looking forward to being able to run Droid on my phone. I’m hoping it isn’t just for iPhone4 though.

Could I get that pm of cydia sources too? I tried pming you debs but your inbox is full :frowning:

Highly recommend picking up YourTube2. It dropped a couple of days ago.

I love that I can download from Youtube straight to my iPhone video library now in full 1080p if available.

The OpenFeint devs are working on a cross platform openfeint that will allow, cross platform play. Keep your eyes peeled in the coming months.

BiteSMS Beta 5 v3 dropped this morning. As per usual, jailbreak is necessary to run it.

Release 5.0 (beta 3) out now… - biteSMS

Every time I open iTunes when my phone is charging, I always get prompted to update my carrier settings, and this occurs more than once. Is that normal?

Are you using outdated carrier software?

You should be on 7.2 for Bell or 7.1 for Telus & Rogers. No idea about Fido or Virgin Mobile.

When I look at the About information, it says my carrier is “Rogers 7.0”, but it never seems to update. Every time I go to About, I get prompted to update my carrier settings. I always choose yes, but nothing appears to happen. Do I have to turn off my phone or something after the update, because my phone’s always on.

Most carrier updates are Over The Air. If iTunes can’t do it you can go into any Rogers store and ask for a carrier update from their database.

Why is BiteSMS better? This isn’t a free text app isn’t it?

It allows you to text from lockscreen, while in apps (without closing app), there are some other neat features that are nice to have that I can’t remember off the top of my head.

Quick Reply completely changes the way you use text messaging. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to use SMS on my iPhone without it ever again. It just comes across like extra steps/time now to get a text message and have to exit (or even multitask) the app just to write back.

Now I’ve downloaded BiteSMS I see what you guys mean. What happens if the license expires though?

If you grabbed the Beta copy I don’t believe the expired license matters.

Otherwise you’d have to roll back to a cracked version. I believe 4.98 was the last properly cracked version.

Yeah I got the beta copy from the link you provided. Thanks. I fucking love my iPhone.

Yeah, that shit is dumb buff. I started using that and now I rarely unlock my shit.

An exploit for iOS4.1 has already been discovered. According to The Dev Team there should be a jailbreak up and running within the next few days.

I’m pumped for a lot of the improvements they put into this latest revision. I hope there’s no compatability issues with previous jailbreak apps.

all i want is the ps3 jailbreak on the iphone 4. come one dev team!! lol.

its not even about pirating games. my blueray player crapped out on me and won’t read tekken 6 at all and scratches other games…so its either buy a new disc drive, buy a new ps3 or jailbreak the ps3 for free and make a backup of all of my games and throw them on the ipod and upload them to my ps3 so that i don’t have to put discs in anymore.

i don’t want to buy another ps3 until marvel vs capcom 3 drops in which case i will cop the ps3 and marvel the same day along with a stick.

I’m still confused how the PS3 Jailbreak works. Is the jailbreaking software placed on a USB Key and then launched from the key?

I’ve seen a flurry of backed up PS3 games on various sites over the last week. I’m on the latest PS3 firmware, which I believe blocks the current jailbreak but I’d be curious to know how it even works.

In iPhone related news, Apple is finally relaxing their stance on Flash. I wonder how long before another firmware update releases allowing Safari to see Flash based applications properly.