iPhone, anyone?

That’s a really fucked up situation. A hacker tried to extort money from Sinful last week and to prove he could shut them down whenever he wanted he smacked the site for 5 minutes. They refused to pay him and as a result the hacker smoked the site and their repository this morning. The site is back up now but the repo is still being re-constructed.

I finally got my iPhone 4! Did you guys already jailbreak yours? Cause I heard those who did the jailbreak is having problems with their MMS and Facetime.

Daaaaayuuuumm got 6gb of data a month for $30. Who knew Rogers could come through with a sweet deal?

i jailbroke my brother and sister in laws iphone4’s a while ago and so far no troubles with anything

If you just bought your iPhone4 then your firmware will be 4.0.2 and you can’t jailbreak at the present time.

The FaceTime/MMS glitch has already been fixed through a Cydia patch.

No, actually my firmware is still 4.0.1. So should i go ahead and jailbreak it now? In case I find something wrong with my iPhone I won’t have any trouble returning it as long as I restore it with iTunes right?

If you’re on 4.0.1 go ahead. Jailbreakme 2.0 is very easy and stable. If you need an unlock, the latest UltraSn0w also has improvements over the initial release. Just make sure to keep your firmware the same until new workarounds are in place for 4.0.2

Lol that was the easiest jailbreak ever.

I can’t find installous on Cydia though. What are the best sources?

For Installous and Appsync4 you’ll need Welcome to Cydia.hackulo.us! for your source

PM me if you need a few others. Some carry cracks and I’d rather not post here. Not sure how policy works in that regard.

been thinking about getting the snes and nes apps, how good are they? how good are the controls and how do you go about getting roms on it. can i just transfer them from my pc etc

Finally got my free case in the mail. Went with a clear belkin shell/bumper thingy, and I gotta say, the phone easily retains its sexiness.

Also, it’s a bit surprising that when talking about the iphone’s pros and cons, the screen is rarely ever talked about. I gave my old 3G to a friend the other day, and when I went to turn it on to format it, I almost threw up at how bad the old resolution was :stuck_out_tongue: The retina display or whatever the fuck it is called is ridiculous.

Has anyone used EightOS before? I saw some screenshots today and it looks impressive. I was curious if people noticed conflicts with other theme apps or lockscreen apps like LockInfo.

Berserk; I’ve never played the NES EMU but the SNES one crashed on me regularly when I was using it a few months back. The app has a Safari component built in to direct you to ROM sources.

loldotcom; the tighter resolution/retina display was one of the major selling points of the phone. Lots of people have touched on it. It’s a shame there isn’t a ton of support in terms of wallpaper/themes that conform to the iPhone4’s display requirements yet.

Well Apple was definitely hyping it up, but when people compare phones and whatnot, all you ever hear are the cons. The Evo screen may be .233333 inches larger, but I’ll take twice the resolution any day :stuck_out_tongue:

Touching on the app thing, the lack of apps having updates that support the new resolution makes me sad :stuck_out_tongue: It’s depressing when I get excited that an app has an update which patches the desktop icon with a higher res version :wink:

Iphone is the best phone i’ve ever had

Jailbroke my 3g. Will someone please pm me about Nes emulators and stuff?

Chrono trigger on my iPhone, ahh the memories

^is that thru the snes app, how is it?

I found the SNES emulator to be pretty unstable. It’d crash on a consistent basis.

i just wish winterboard themes would get made for the iphone 4’s retina display, NOW.

can someone pm me a list of good sources for cydia?