iPhone, anyone?

I am now a new owner of the iPhone 3G. :tup: The first thing I did was send messages to my friends saying I have an iPhone.

Any apps you guys recommend? And do you have to use iTunes to transfer music files?

Congrats! You don’t HAVE to use iTunes, there are other programs such as Copy Trans that you could use.

Here are some of my favorite apps so far -

Facebook
Muziic
Pandora
TV Guide
The Weather Channel
IM+
Yelp
Justin.tv
Digg
Google
ifmylife

What’s Pandora? Also, how does one go about making an app?

AirVideo is really, really good.

Basically, it allows you to directly stream any of your movies to your Iphone/Ipad. And the best part is, it works with just about any format. That would be cool by itself, but on top of that, it also has a feature where you can convert your movies to iTunes compatible files so you can import them and view them when you are not online.

^ I second AirVideo. Downloaded it today so my wife can watch all the movies and animes she ahem aquires. It was the easiest shit ever to set up and streamed the movies np. Subtitles work too. Needs brightness/contrast control though.

How does air video work? You have a movie on your desktop and you sync the phone with your cpu and it’s installed into the phone?

Very easy.

You install the free Air Video server program on your pc, then just add whatever directories you want to share to your iPad/iPhone (sub-directories browse-able).

When you open the AirVideo app on your iPad/Phone, do a search for servers and it’ll find your server over wifi. Then you just navigate through the directories you’re sharing and stream the movies.

You don’t have to transfer any of the movies to your iDevice unless you want to view them offline.

So THATS how it works.

Sigh I guess I got to buy that tonight lol.

Mobile pr0n…alright…I like…

• :bluu:
  • I didn’t think of it that way. :S lol

• Rejoice! Opera has been approved for the App store. :smiley: and I love it.

My god the Opera app is tight. This thing dominates Safari except for two things:

1. Make the text legible without having to zoom in like it is in Safari.

2. Make GIF animations work.

Once those are done (and can easily be updated)…sayonara Safari. :rofl:

I agree. I’m guessing their thinking was you’ll probably go to sites you’re already familiar with, and it allows you to quickly skip to the section of the page you want to view instead of having to zoom out. I’m definitely liking the browser too, and also hope they fix the two items you outlined.

King9999 - Pandora is a free Internet radio site, where you create stations by typing in the name of an artist, song, genre, etc that you enjoy. It’ll attempt to find similar songs and artists you might like and play those songs too. It gives you the options to give each song a “thumbs up” or “thumbs down” so that after a while you get a fully customized play list of songs you enjoy. Definitely give it a shot. Currently though, you cannot minimize the app and continue to listen to the music but that’s likely to be addressed when the multitasking is brought to the 3GS and touch with the 4.0 operating system.

It seems I can’t use Pandora, because I live in Canada and have to put up with licensing issues.

I put a digital copy of The Dark Knight on my iPhone. Holy hell.

Yikes that stinks man. :frowning: Try using the Slacker app, it’s basically the same thing.

Sounds simple thx, so lets say I have a folder with a bunch of Berserk animes I would have to add the whole folder in my idevice to watch it while i’m at the store? While if I was at home I can just leave it in the computer hard drive?

What kind of covers do you guys use for your iPhone? A friend of mine swears by this one, and I may get it.

If you want to watch that whole folder on your idevice while offline, then yes. However, you can also stream over the internet, not just wifi, so you could actually watch the vids on your AirVideo server from anywhere so long as you have a decent enough connection.

I haven’t tried that feature yet, but from what I’ve read, it works fine.

Wifi works friggin great. Don’t know how to do it away from my wifi yet. I tested it by leaving my shit on when I went to my friends house and no dice. But it’s mad easy to setup and I only fooled around with it for 20 mins including installation time. It’s a broken app and well worth it, love the convertion feature too .flv files ggpo.

LVP, check this guide to set up streaming over the internet:tup:

AirVideo is definitely a must have app for the ipad. Saves so many hours not having to convert vids, avoids all the itunes bs and it’s the easiest shit ever to set up. Got its own article on Gizmodo/Lifehacker a couple hrs ago.

Most definitely broken and combined with other broken sites out there, brutal combination. Thanks for the info, gonna check it out when I get home from work.

Hyyyype. Flash CS5 lets you auto convert to iPhone Apps.

AKA I can start making games/apps for the iPhone.

Anything specific you want to see? Looking to mainly make a time waster type game/app.