iPhone, anyone?

jailbreaking is the only reason why I’m keeping my phone.

Without it, I’d think it’s a piece of shit.

i agree on the landscape texting…
i wish i could receive pics in messages tho. can you do that with beejive? i just don’t feel like dropping 15 dollars on that tho.
i really wish apple would release an app for this.

can’t you just email them to the person instead?

edit-
DLing lux touch right now, sounds right up my alley. it’s not like i really have time to sit and play games on it really, but i need SOMETHING for busrides to NY and back.

but gasbag sounds pretty dope (even tho i barely drive). same with trapster.

can someone explain to me exactly what jailbroken means and how it’s done to a 3G iphone?

apps I use:

beejive
sextuple word challenge
wurdle
numba
topple
bomberman
crash kart
btbx
beatmaker
cycorder

sounds like it hacks the prog without voiding the warrantee.

Two terms with the iPhone, Jailbreak and Unlock. Jailbreak is a software hack that lets you load programs that aren’t Apple approved (as mentioned, won’t void warranty). Unlock is letting you use the iPhone on other carriers (3G is close to being unlocked, devs are almost there).

If you Jailbreak, you can turn off the killswitch through “BossPrefs”, another feature I like is the numerical battery indicator (built in, but Apple did not let the public use for some reason). For an earlier post, upgrade to 2.1, more features available, 2.2 will have Google Street view, turn-off of auto text correct (available already if Jailbroken), and other features not yet announced.

hey guys i’m running on 1.1.4 and was thinking about upgrading. the phone is jailbroke but i really don’t do much with it. lol. what are you guys running? all i really use is the video recorder to take vids of my kids playing around. but i do use the picture messaging too. should i upgrade?

dont bother to upgrade

1.1.4 is the best firmware imo

i upgraded to a 3G and im on 2.1.1 its ok, but i preferred 1.1.4

installer is a thousand times better then cydia

oh btw id you upgrade you’l have to purchase a license for swirlyMMS, its 8 bux. but hey i had it for free when i was on 1.1.4 =/

I’ve been thinking about picking up the IPhone but the BBStorm is really making me rethink the purchase.

As far as functionality, yes 1.1.4 is the best. Although 2.1 is still stable enough to use and offers a lot more features as well as applications.

Installer > Cydia? Not anymore. Cydia rules on 2.1 and with good reason. It’s so stable and has a ton of apps. Cydia combined with the appstore gives you a plethora of apps to choose from.

I didn’t upgrade until the phone was fully customizable though. Once Winterboard (Summerboards predecessor) came out, I upgraded. Now I have everything I had on 1.1.4, and then some. Well a lot more some.

I’m also running SwirlyMMS… for free. Google is your friend. :wgrin:

Posting from my new iPhone 3g. I love this thing! It’s pretty much everything I need. The apps really are awesome. My favorite thing is the web browser. I love it!!!

any good free games for it? i got LUX touch and that is awesome, but all the other games i downloaded for free are pretty fucking lame.

dactyl is crack

and free

No kidding, probably one of the most awesome games ever.

swirly mms works on phones with att? i heard that it didnt…

swirly works on all networks

when i was an att it worked there

when i switched to tmobile i had more trouble with it, but it works now

Why didn’t someone say something?

rRootage, yes that rRoootage the free pc shooter, has been on the App Store for a couple of weeks now, for free!

Lacks sound and isn’t a perfect match speed wise with the original but everything in the app store is always getting updated I swear. Controls are easy as hell too. Go download it if you like getting shot.

[media=youtube]bqcuWDePB3A[/media] !!

i’m thinking of buying a 1st gen from a friend who upgraded. i don’t want that data plan bs. can i just disable 3g and be ok? i know the data charges without a plan are crazy so i want to be 100% sure.