iPhone, anyone?

u get used to it after about a day. i hardly ever misclick anymore.

You talking about saving pictures that you see in Safari? It totally does that (at least with 2.0) - just place your finger over the picture and hold it for a few seconds, a dialog box should pop up asking if you want to save it.

Derek Daniels

just joined the bandwagon to day. love it. downloading apps like crazy.

Still waiting on that Blackberry Bold to hit AT&T like Barry Bonds waiting on his verdict. My iPhone pisses me off in ways I can’t understand like a toddler dropping their ice cream cone.

lol wtf is with the way you are talking Stuckey.

And thanks Derrick on the saving pics. I can scratch that off me damn list. But I would like to add…

• Landscape view for texting.

I mean the official stuff is already pretty useful. Tell me about some jail break apps that would be really helpful. And tell me how Apple treats jail breakers or how easy we can jump back to official firmware.

PS. My 3G reception is fine. I think once everyone stops dicking around and upgrades their firmware that it’ll improve in high traffic areas as that one dude from ATT said.

can anyone recommend a good slim hard case?

i have the white agent 18 case. i still want a clear case though.

cases are for bitches

And you want a Blackberry Bold instead? Better not drop it beyond 1.5 feet from the ground otherwise it’s FUCKED, it’s really cheaply made it seems.

If you want a good case that doesn’t make the iphone look too gay you can get the agent 18 like someone said.

You can do this already, there’s a little blue circle with a > in it, hit that and you can choose to add to contacts, existing or new.

I just got an iphone and omg.

everything about this phone is totally fucking awesome. pandora app!? What other apps are out there that are any good? what is so good about hacking this thing?

pretty funny this is my thread lol.

i just bought an itouch online…awaiting its arrival with my gym armband case and coosh headphones.

do the iphone hacks/apps work for the itouch?

Depends. Itouches lack some features such as GPS and a mic so not everything will work.

i have an ipod touch and i haven’t jailbroken it yet so i still don’t know its full potential. too much work for me to bother with.

Midomi - lets you figure out what song is playing on the radio, or you can hum it (sing it) and type it. (I don’t think it charges a $5 fee like Shazam does)

Gasbag - find the cheapest gas prices around you.

Trapster - find police radar traps, traffic light cameras before they find you.

Fring - Skype, AIM, YIM, bunch of messenging things all under one app.

Stanza - a free ebook reader

Games you should have:
Lightsaber Unleashed - everyone must have a virtual lightsaber on their iphone.

Labyrinth - A cool way to show off the accelerometer on the iphone.

Tap Tap Revenge - music rhythm game like a three stringed guitar hero!

Krull - Conan like game with PS2 like graphics graphics

Real Soccer 09 - FIFA like game with PS1 graphics

Crash Bandicoot Racing - remake of the game for iphone

Lux Touch - crack like Risk game

Fieldrunners - even more crack like Tower Defense game

More things get released every week, check the App store every week.

If you jailbreak your junk, you can run emulators like NES, Genesis, GBA, PSX and MAME

Things like a video recorder, custom themes, tethering, and many non-Apple approved functions won’t be available unless you jailbreak (which doesn’t break warranty because you can always restore back to official firmware).

I might be grabbing a Touch soon enough. I’ll keep this thread for apps I need for it.

what about the killswitch? should i be worried about that?

oh man hacked iphone is the ultimate choice

basically changes the phone into something that apple would release 3 years from now

i got first gen iphone, i went from 1.1.1->1.1.4 now im thinking about going 2.0.
Should I upgrade to fw 2.0? 1.1.4 works for me now, i just dont know wuts the diff with the new 2.0.

If u guys have a jailbroekn fw 2.0 iphone, can u give me some pros and cons to help me decide :smiley:

good thread.

Dude, no reason at all not to go up to 2.0. I’m running 2.1 right now and I don’t notice any difference from 1.1.4 besides the App Store.