iPhone, anyone?

it’ll probably be worth the wait man. Unless you can live without mms, stereo bluetooth, etc.

Word. I think I’ll like the Blackberry more anyway. Welp, it’ll be a nice gift for myself come September.

Yea just wait. There’s nothing the new iPhone has to offer a T-mobile user right now, not GPS or 3G. Plus a software unlock isn’t hard at all. The Dev’s make it easy… when it’s out for firmware 2.0 that is.

I have everything I need on my first gen iPhone right now, so I won’t update to 2.0 until all apps have been ported over. I don’t see any app out there that I really need to have right now. I’d rather have my MMS!

Yes cases are ugly. Invisible Shield FTW.

i think it depends on what you mean by “internet”. if you want to browse youtube and shit like that then i guess, but if you just want to be able to look up random pages and shit then prety much any smartphone can do that. personally i’m a text-a-holic and can live without a keyboard so when i cracked my 8125 screen last month i knew i needed another phone with a keyboard more so than i wanted to be able to check youtube so i got the blackjack 2, although the 3G blackberry looks like it’s gonna be awesome as well.

Hey SRK, I need some help.

1. Is the iPhone 3g sold out? (I’m almost sure it is but I’ve tried calling some apple stores and they are “busy”, so I can’t get a definite on that.)

2. Any updates on when they are getting more, if they are sold out?

3. I don’t understand how people are selling them on ebay. I thought you HAD to get a contract when you bought the phone. Can someone gimme some info on that?

4. For those who have it, how do you like it?

Please update me on this stuff.

I’m on verizon as well, only problem I have is that their data plans for phones is expensive as hell. Diggin that LG Dare though:woot:

Yeah that’s why I left Verizon. Their data plans are unreasonable much like George W. Bush’s response to global warming.

Can anyone tell me what other carriers can work with Unlock I phones?

do yall know if that snes emulator works on the 3g iphone model?

all carrier that use sim cards

think anyone can help me out with the PSX/Nes emu? i can pm u if your willing to help a brother out.

I’m thinking about getting a new contract (I’m currently on none but have been with ATT for 5 years now). It’s between the iPhone 3G with ATT or Dare with Verizon. I can get a 20% discount through my company with either carrier. iPhone service a month knocks down to $56 before taxes (from original 39.99 and 29.99 data plan) and Verizon would go down to $32 for voice (and someone just mentioned Verizon has really high prices for data, can I get the Dare without the plan)?

And if I did get the iPhone, which color? I’ve been reading, people say white shows scratches easily, black shows smudges a lot (I have a white 2nd generation iPod and fat PSP, so I kind of have an idea). One color better than the other?

My other options are the Vu with ATT or possibly an unlocked 2G iPhone maybe?

I’m reading as many reviews on the phones as I can right now but any advice from people actually owning any of these or know the quality of data plans would be greatly appreciated.

well either way the iphone is a pretty much all touch operated device and smudges are gonna show unless you wanna wipe your hands with a wet towel before you decide to use it everytime.

^ So why buy the damned thing at all? It’s such a fad device; cheaper alternatives flood the phone market like Katrina did N’awlins****. It reminds me a lot of the iPod: useless, overpriced, and simply sells due to *Apple *brand-power.

Which sickens me…

what other phones allow you to browse the internet, with full viewing settings? (aka not the crappy condensed html) because ill go ahead and buy one of those if its cheaper.

It ain’t any!

I just got the iPhone this week and I have a laundry list of improvements I’d like to see

"The list

Spoiler
  1. Being able to save pictures with the browser. The PSP can do it!
  2. MMS! (Like wtf, why isn’t it on here anyway?)
  3. Landscape mode for texting!
  4. When selecting a telephone number in a piece of text, instead of automatically dialing, an option box pops up for dialing or saving the number.
  5. Copy and Paste in everything!
  6. Flash support (Not the biggest deal breaker but… flash is everywhere)
  7. Java support (honestly, they could have Java support, especially for games, and just have like an emulator where the top half of the screen is a mini cellphone screen and hte bottom half replicates the numberkeys and a d-pad.)

But it’s a start and they will continually update this phone. If the damned Blackberry Bold came out I probably would have picked that up (unless the Bold was more expensive) instead but I’m not disappointed in the iPhone. It’s a very useful device and I see why the data plan is mandatory!

jail break it

I have the BB Bold for work and the iPhone for personal use and I like the iPhone at least twice as much

everytime i use my friend’s iphone i want to throw it against a wall, god i hate that thing. fucking typos and misclicks all over the place =/

i bet the iphone emits so much radiation. it has to, such a compact and powerful device