Input lag on ps3? WTF?

You cannot just say “our engine” or “internal tools” show otherwise.

You need to have test plan for end-to-end, black box testing.

The bottom line is, the human players are only able to notice changes in the game state via the input from the stick and output from display.

You press a button on the arcade cab => x frames later => move is shown on arcade CRT monitor

You press a button on your 360 TE stick => y frames later => move is shown on “lagless” EVO LCD

You need to have a test plan to ensure that that x == y

If the HMDI + “lagless lcd” (which 90% of your customers are using) is adding one more frame to the overall processing , then you need to find a way to cut that 1 frame from your internal processing (maybe speed up game state??!) so that there is no overall additional lag compared to arcade.

capcom disappointed all the ST fans with various console ports. when you said you’re gonna bring “arcade perfect” 3s to console. please do ensure that is the case, or don’t set our hope high.

I’m not a 3s player. But if I am, I’ll do the NKI test for arcade 3s and ps3/360 3soe to compare

[media=youtube]JoJzobmdGzU[/media]

i just wanted to throw out there that i haven’t experienced any input lag on ps3. i have a philips 40" LED TV, if that matters. but i’m wondering WHEN people are noticing the lag, cuz i am only using a wireless sixaxis controller and haven’t been able to do anything bigger than a 3-hit combo, so maybe the lag is noticed during the middle of more complicated execution? or is it just with any button press?

Xbox 1 version was the closest to the arcade.

It should be based on ARCADE code, not any of the console versions.

I totally agree with you that the game should be based on the Arcade version. But if not, then they should’ve at least used the Xbox version, if not the Arcade version.

This is very difficult to achieve. You have 2 very different pieces of hardware and you’re expecting the exact same result in every situation. We can all agree that the SFIV series has 1-2 frames of input lag on the PS3 compared to the 360. At the same time you have games like Tekken 6 that have 1-2 frames of input lag on the 360 compared to the PS3. These have been proven with legit tests. I am still waiting on someone to do a proper test and come back with some figures.

Did anybody connect the PS3 to a CRT via component cables? and the PS3 set to output 480i? Please post your results/impressions. I would personally do the test myself, but my PS3 was recently damaged (thanks UPS).

This could be an example of somebody complaining about input lag :using a DS3 controller with the PS3 connected to a receiver that connects to an LCD.

i’ve played this game offline on emulator for over 5 years. feels fine on ps3 now.

Sure, but that’s not always technically possible, which is part of the reason why HDR was based on the Dreamcast port of ST.

This game was made for PS3 and 360. Don’t say “Play it on a CRT TV.” That ridiculous.

Tbh though, i doubt i’d even notice the input lag anyway. You just get used to shit like that.

GO AWAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

and take your enormous sig with you please.

kind of confusing really because oe runs much slower than emu. like very noticeably slower and as far as I can tell feels about like the arcade timing wise. input lag wise im not entirely sure but it feels basically fine. im really pleased with the timing, it makes an enormous difference.

It’s very difficult to achieve, but it’s not like they’re making these games for free and can’t spend some more resources to overcome something like this. They need to put in the work to make it happen.

Never saved the replay unfortunately, tried to upload the replay at the time but it said the server wasnt available (?) and turned off my 360 just after I saw your post, sorry. I just played about 20 games online to try and recreate the situation but they all play back fine, if your looking for bugs though I did notice something odd,

This young man has quite the alarming disconnection rate

Worlds biggest rage quitter maybe ? :smiley:

OE is fine in PS3, very good, why so complains?

I’m going to do a test tonight with my PS3 and my CPS-3 board. Going to set up both side by side on CRTs with buttons wired to both at the same time and record the screen at 60FPS. This should show how many frames behind the arcade the PS3 is.

^please do.

I’m just gonna come in here and say, game feels great! Thanks for releasing it. The matchmaking needs work. But overall I’m extremely satisfied.

yep, I’m going to have to say that too… this product is plenty solid for the money, just touch up on the glitches…

GODLIKE

Add a led in the button circuit to show the exact beginning frame.

Looking forward to it. I’m crossing my fingers that it’s my setup that’s causing this problem and not the game itself.

You have my attention, and yes, using a LED will sure help to quiet the naysayers of the results of your test.