Input lag on ps3? WTF?

Are the low quality youtube uploads a bug or are they meant to be that way?

Thanks for you reply.

You think the Youtube Uploader can be better in a future ? To have better quality than 240 ?

Hell Goryus the only thing i have to complain about is the match making everything else is great.

also Derek - what are you guys testing on there? Be curious to know what setup you guys are using. ASUS or CRT, what connection type, what controller, etc.

Thanks!

Let’s no forget, homeboy from Japan who is ranked 5th best Ken over there came by to visit (hence why they had a stream of them playing 3SO to begin with, to show off his play) and he gave his feed back that there was heavy input lag.

We have a 3rd strike arcade setup right next to it, and none complained on that, ever.

I’m still interested in this situation, and hope to see a test on the input lag, like one that was done for SF4 and Tekken 6 (as posted on this forum).
That shit was legit :eek:

played on an asus monitor and a CRT there was no lag for me on either of them, if ppl are rly noticing lag that badly then its most likely the setups theyre using, i dont feel anything but then again i play on everything and anything =\

I really appreciate you taking the time to post this. There is a lot of unfair criticism going around so its nice to hear an official response. Keep up the good work and please continue to post your test findings.

i also forgot to mention that we did play on the ps3 version and there wasnt any input lag, but when we first downloaded the game we played it on an lcd tv and there was definitely a lil input delay but then when we switched (CRT and an Asus) there was none, so im pretty sure it has to do with the setups that ppl are using and not the version itself

t

thanks for this, Nica K.O.! I’m on an asus as well…it seems ok but doesn’t seem as good as the arcade version on a CRT…which is probably the best setup no matter what…

It’s been said before that the input delay on PS3 is caused by the USB connection. Whether there’s any truth to that I don’t know, but it would explain your findings, since the lag would be introduced before the game receives input. 60FPS camera is the only real way to test for input lag.

I’m pretty sure that was debunked. Tekken 6 has more iput lag on the 360 than on PS3. Both consoles use USB ports.

This is one of the reasons why I’m glad to also have a Xbox 360. Most of the PS3 versions of fighters of what Capcom had done have ran &/or look worse on the PS3 platform, such as all the versions of SF IV, MvC 3, & SSF2T HD Remix.

Preach it. The 360 versions of all current gen Capcom fighters are objectively superior to the PS3 versions. We really need to start running majors on 360, now that RRoD is no longer a problem…

I mean, PS3 should totally be the version for Tekken 6 tournaments like it already is, because it’s literally better on that console. So should anything else found to be better on PS3. And AH3 due to availability on that console. But with Capcom fighters, they are literally putting thousands of bucks on the line with the bad version of the game.

One game having more lag on 360 than PS3 does not prove that PS3 does not have input lag. It doesn’t matter that both consoles have USB ports, it’s how they handle them that matters.

More importantly than tournaments running majors on the console where the game performs, it’s time for developers to wake up and make the versions identical.

There is input delay on both consoles. I have the 360 and it’s 2~3 frames easily.

I really don’t like it. It feels like I’m playing in molassses. Very dissapointed in Capcom.

Regardless, there is nothing we can do so you either adapt to this version since it is tourney standard, or don’t play.

I’m just so angry right now. Frustrated and pissed about this.

I thought the days of the shitty PS2 version were over. But their not. This version plays exactly like PS2, which is slower and has the same input delay.

Being that this is my favorite game of all time, I really wanted perfection… I mean is it that much to ask to get an 11 year old game emulated properly without input delay? Christ I want to go back to GGPO, despite bugs at least it was the right speed :confused:

I’m not exagerating when I say it’s like playing a totally different game when you have 3 frames of input delay. People need to understand, Red Parrys are 3 frames lol. Ugggg i just, im really, really dissapointed with this port.

Can we get someone to do a real test? Like NKI did etc.?
(with a CRT)

I’ve played 3S for a long long time… I played over 100 local offline games last night and I can confirm there’s input lag on ps3. I noticed it on my plasma (which I feel shouldn’t have any lag because I don’t notice it in other games), it just didn’t feel right. Then we played on a 5ms lcd monitor and it was much better, but it’s still not perfect… missing easy bob combos and links all over the place.

Oh and I noticed framerate drops when an achievement pops up, Lol wtf is that? It’s arcade perfect they say.