Input lag on ps3? WTF?

This statement just screams “I’m a faggot”.

This is my first time playing 3s so I done have much say so in the matter, but this is my opinion. First playing, I thought it was impossible to do Yang’s cr.MK SA2 without mashing it. After doing it a few times, I realized that you have to input the moves faster. I think most of us need to get out of AE mode where long easy hit confirms and input leniency reigns. I think we have been spoiled the past few years, and some people (like me) need to speed and clean up our inputs.

more people need to think like you, methinks.

I’m not noticing any input lags. For some reason the round option isn’t registering though: I’ve switched it to both 1 and 5 and it still stays at 3 during gameplay.

Agreed last night i was doing things so slow! I saw in trials i had to really speed it up alot. Real cancels lol

so the 360 version is out now, right? What’s the verdict? is the input lag the same?

I have 360 version and I haven’t noticed much input lag.

but have you played the ps3 version as well?

I’m pretty sure PS3 users are just going to have to live with this delay. Really doubt Capcom is going to give a shit as long as the game keeps getting 9/10’s everywhere.

you deserve a hug.

I played the XBOX 360 offline today on a CRT this morning. It seems arcade perfect to me so far with no input lag. Online however, I had a jerky match when it showed that i won, and then I lost lol. I’ll mainly be playing this offline anyway with friends locally anyway :slight_smile:

Edit: I wasn’t the host. The connection showed yellow when I accepted, but I’ll assume the guy was on wireless. I’ll do further testing today.

We’ve been checking this internally, and as far as we can tell, the time from [controller input recieved by game] to [game outputs the new game state] is always less than 1 frame. We haven’t yet been able to find a situation where this isn’t the case. So just looking objectively at the code, there doesn’t appear to be any additional input lag.

That’s not to say that people can’t still be experiencing offline input lag, just that we aren’t able to reproduce it with our dev tools so far. As far as we know, the image is outputting as fast as is possible on PS3. But we will continue to investigate.

This issue is further muddied by the fact that input lag can be added by a variety of things beyond our control, like: displays, controllers, converters, cables (HDMI with HDCP especially), and the PS3 system itself. Individual reports vary, and are difficult to evaluate because we can’t control for these things. But we’re definitely listening, and investigating.

Who are you? And’ who’s this “We” investigating the lag? Do you work for Capcom?

Played the demo as Ryu, other then some initial rust and having to use the SF4 fight pad instead of my old PS2 Saturn pad, all my old tricks worked fine.I had to do the parry training again as the timing felt different, but that’s probably down to years of playing the PS2 version.

It seems fine to me on 360 so I went ahead and got the full game, my only problems are with things that have nothing to do with input lag (e.g. replays not playing back the way the match actually happened). So far so good :slight_smile:

40’ Samsung LCD, 1080P 60hz, Game mode enabled
XBOX 360 via HDMI, dashboard set to 1080P

…he’s derek neal, the producer.

thanks for your response, derek. we appreciate it.

ah ok. This is great news then!! Thanks Derek!

I’m Derek Neal, the producer on 3rd Strike Online. And yes, I work for Capcom. :slight_smile:

Thanks for everything Derek :tup:

Not to go off topic but have you had and issues with replays not playing back exactly how the match turned out ?. I beat a guy earlier and finished him in the 2nd round with a backthrow into the corner followed by jab fireball -> Denjin for the KO, but in the replay my Ryu threw out a regular Hadouken, this wasnt enough to kill the other guy and after it hit we both just stood there till the time ran out o_O.

Weird. There was a bug like this in the PS2 version, but we thought it was fixed in our version. Are you playing on X360 or PS3? If you can upload the replay to the match server and tag it with something unique, we can download it on our end and see if we can figure out what caused it.

Thanks for your reply Derek - this is good to know. One thing I don’t get is that fubarduck claims to have played the ps3 version, then the 360 version using the same setup but that the 360 felt more “arcade like”. If your tests are showing the 1 frame for both ps3 and 360, then what the hell is he talking about? :slight_smile: