Input lag on ps3? WTF?

I clearly stated in the end of my post “unless you were playing the arcade version in the last couple of weeks” and played 3SO on a CRT… which isnt invalidating anyones opinion aside from those who have not actually played in an arcade and are trying to compare 3SO to the arcade version =)

The fact of the matter is that many players including the seasoned have said that input lag exists. Though I’m not great at the game, I’ve been playing long enough to discern oddities in timing.

And just to be clear: I’m not talking about online lag. Of course online play will lag, I frequented 2DF, GGPO, and Supercade, and played in some real nasty lag not expecting anything less.

This is all just me, though. I don’t know what setup other people who have reported this problem are running this on so I can’t really speak for them.

Didnt Floe help Play test the game ?, what about Mike Z, Amir and everyone who participated in the exhibition matches at Evo ? (or was that on 360 ?) surely they would have mentioned it.

Feels fine on xbox

but hey what do i know

Out now on XBL, least in Europe :slight_smile:

Awaiting “euuurrgghh 1 frame lag on Xbox! this game is trash, unplayable”

I haven’t noticed any lag on my end. I’m playing on PSN. LCD HDTV with a custom stick connected through, apparently, the best PS2>PS3 adaptor. However, there have been some weird glitches online. I ko’d someone this morning, but he came back to life with a pixel of life left. Some frame skip stuff too.

Out of curiosity, what adapter is that? Does it work for PS1>PS3?

And the roll-back will sometimes do weird stuff, like activate a grab super then cancel it. I haven’t seen a KO reversed yet, but I believe it.

Any word on if the 360 version fares any better guys ?, wanna know if I should spend my 1200 MS points now or wait for Virtua Fighter 5 FS next year (please dont give me a lecture about “its only 1200 MS points”, Ive been on XBL for 2 years and the only thing Ive ever bought is Arcade Edition for SF4).

I would advise downloading the free demo and seeing for yourself; getting your opinion from others is a nasty business.

It’s called the inpin.

http://etokki.com/iNPiN-PS2-to-PS3-Converter

I asked around in the tech forums a while back and people told me this was the best one. It advertises right on the site as having no input lag. I can’t say I’ve ever noticed any from using it.

Ehh I have not noticed any lag, all my Twelve stuff has been coming out fine for the few hours I played. Gonna try harder to notice it if there is, probably would notice it on a different character to be honest lol.

Agreed, but in work for the next hour so just seeing if any notable names say its ok on 360

This. People are just throwing out arbitrary numbers are this point. Until someone does a test, we won’t know if there is lag or not or if its just people monitors acting up. I don’t care how you think it “feels.”

This happens every time a new fighting game gets released. Someone makes a quick judgment, people bandwagon, people bitch, and then later it is either proven true or false after all the tears.

okay im done with this game. worse piece of shit ive ever experienced in my life. input lag, skippy as hell, annoying background music, annoying achievement bars, retarded remixed audio, ugly filters and meter bars.

game freezes on me everytime i win/lose a match now. no alert sound when i found a challenger. im being paired up 95% against guys from serbia or japan and i cant see their damn pings until i accept them. then 90% of them use geneijin.

goodbye ggpo. you were the closest thing to 3s.

I didn’t have any issues either on psn or on the trials…

Give it time friend. You can turn off the remixed music if you want as well as the achievement bars (from what I understand).

The online experience does leave a little to be desired. I was playing online last night and everyone I played had a red ping with massive lag.

This game needs to display actual ping numbers rather than the color coded nonsense.

Stopped paying attention to you right there.

Why don’t you wait until more people have the game?

Also, I would suggest saving your anger for other things in life. Just my opinion.

More people need to read the other thread.

Input lag is setup specific. HDTVs always have a bit of lag. Want no lag, then play the game on a CRT, the way it was meant to be.