Input lag on ps3? WTF?

If I play with CRT does that mean I only have 2 frames delay?

so uh…what type of monitors are you playing on?

I don’t :stuck_out_tongue: I play on SDTV. I was hit confirming Ken’s c.Mk into Super all day every day.

It means you can scrap the 1-4F delay (really only 1F if you play on a computer monitor) due to HD screens. So you’re down to 6F at best for PS3, 4F at best for 360. Plus whatever extra delay there is due to the porting of said game, which there seems to be a lot of for 3SO judging by some reactions.

Not having any problems right now on PS3 with T.E. Fightstick.

where did you get the info that all ps3 arcade sticks lag compared to 360?

It’s not the PS3 sticks themselves that lag, but the USB ports of the PS3, from what has been speculated. Either way, there is +2F of delay on every Capcom fighter on PS3 if you’re using a USB device. A bunch of tests have been run by several different people (srk members, youtubers, japanese, etc), you can seek them out via google/youtube if you like. It’s very, very easy to feel the difference on the character select screen of games like MvC3, or when using visual cues to hit 1F links in SF4.

Pretty sure there’s input lag on arcade 3S (I want to say 4 frames), so if they did away with that it would neutralise the 720p lag. Somehow I doubt they did though.

There doesn’t seem to be input lag. It’s more accurate than the PS2 port so far. It feels better than emulation as well

wow…this games doesn’t play anything like the CP3 board…

and I used to have an impress cabinet with 3rd strike…very disappointed with the PS3 again, hopefully the XBOX 360 will be better.

You do know that GGPO was NOT arcade perfect.

Meaning, IF 3SO IS closer to arcade perfect, then your GGPO muscle memory training was POOR training. Of course your timing is going to be different from “GGPO build 0.29.1.” GGPO build 29 was a HACKED version of the game.

First off, you can’t notice 2 frames. Maybe you should go back to training mode?

To all of you speaking about lag, you DO remember that you’re nit-picking about INTERNET play?

I’ve already read that a few people I trust with gameplay and skill have already beasted levels 1-4 on most of the parry trials and characters. If you’re dropping combos, maybe it’s b/c SFIValphabetsoup taught you bad habits.

this video seems legit so ya my ps3 broke today when i was downloading the demo so yay atleast i have both but it still sucks

youre really really fucking dumb

LOL!

Wow, you should really stop posting about things you clearly don’t understand. 2 frames is easily detectable by anyone with a working brain who is paying attention.

As for online play, it’s not something to be taken seriously but when the promise of GGPO is brought in then naturally people get excited. Unfortunately right now it’s looking like online GGPO on PC (which is a minimum of 3F delay) is far less laggy than offline 3SOE on console.

This is an AMAZING game for 15 dollars… i dont understand why you guys have to complain about everything, at least they made the damn game for us to enjoy and play. input lag or not, i dont know about you guys but i am happy as hell to play 3rd strike again. Just play the game and enjoy it and if you cant… remove it from you’re hard drive and stop crying about it… you’ll continue to live like you have been for the last 6 years without 3rd strike, problem solved…

I’m praying for the 360 Version as well.

This attitude will never make sense to me.
Capcom advertised an ARCADE-PERFECT port, not some half-assed laggy emulator bullshit. It is painfully obvious that they did not deliver on what their fanbase expected. Thus, we have every reason to complain, and we should do so until capcom fixes their damn game and makes good on what was promised to the consumer. Why should we settle for an inferior product, when we could potentially get a better one by making our opinions heard? Complacency doesn’t benefit anyone.

I don’t really feel lag. It doesn’t feel arcade perfect. The online feels better than the emulator + GGPO. I almost feel like its in between arcade timing and ps2.

I payed for an arcade perfect port. I didn’t get it. I’m complaining that I didn’t get an arcade perfect port.