Input lag on ps3? WTF?

While this is true, there’s (much) more to it than that.

All games that are output by modern consoles (360 & PS3) have a minimum of 4 frames of input delay when output at 720p, which is the native resolution for 3S Online and pretty much every 360/PS3 game. Compare this to the previous generations which did not have any minimum input delay (except maybe a 1F buffer), and you’re already at +4. Next, add in delay from LCD monitors (~+1F) or worse yet, HDTVs (2-4F). Finally, add in the extra delay of playing on a USB PS3 device (+2F) and you end up with at best, 7 frames of delay that you didn’t have to deal with back when you used to play 3S on cabs/PS2/PC GGPO.

Games like SF4 or MvC3 that are built for current gen consoles don’t suffer from this, because they have the +4F HD output delay plus the HD monitor/HDTV delay on all platforms, which is pretty much all of the lag right there, PS3 stuff notwithstanding.

tldr;
+4 delay for HD output
+1-4 delay for monitor/TV
+2 delay for PS3 arcade stick
= 7-10F extra delay, offline

Iam playing on flat screen plasma and my only complaint is the random BIG ASS frame skip. Iam guess this is how they hide the lag. It doesnt feel like ggpo but its the first day so there may be some bugs. Honestly I had pretty decent connection in ranked matches but player matches omg. Personally I don’t like the multiplayer menu screens or options. Lol at people pressing x in player matches and losing turns.

just bought the game, is the input lag that bad to the point where it’s unplayable? Guess I’ll find out lol.

(this post is not about 3SOE in particular)

just a quick fyi to pretty much everyone in this thread arguing about offline “lag”: there are significant differences between slowdown, upscaling delay, post-processing delay, frameskipping, dropped inputs, and true input delay. but they’re all bad for us.

They figured it was a demo exhibition and the monitors factored into play.

BTW -

Also:

Dude, you were still sucking on your mom’s tits when this game was released
You don’t know shit. Fuck off.

despite having a positive time, I do feel the inputs to be different. I played third strike on GGPO a good number of times (Like 5+ hours at least) and playing it on PSN (Or locally via training, trials, etc) it feels extremely different. A lot of the specials won’t come out or the timing is different (I go by muscle memory) especially with Dudley’s machinegun blow, I failed doing it 3 times in a row (GGPO, I could do it on whim)

:"(

2 frames of input lag is most certainly NOT fine.

Stop being a fanboy. There is obviously a problem going on here, just denying it without even saying why or bringing anything to the table is stoopid mon’.

Ill see if the 360 version is better tomorrow. For some reason im not worried at all lol (not saying this cause I ow one lol) but I hope its not the same or at least fixable. Btw, is this the 2 frame input lag PS3 had already? Or is this worse?

Why dont I just…Roll

The PS3 and its online setup is absolute garbage. They need to admit defeat and reboot that entire crap service. This is why I will continue to pay for xbox live. It is flat out the superior set up. I have a ps3 and the thing is a paper weight.

Seth Killian’s Twitter :

What means the last sentence ?

man i got mad lag whats the proper settings to fix

lol, what a loser. Im just saying this whole forum is just full of nothing but people bitching and complaining because they suck. This used to be a good place to go

Oh mixah so hateful already <3

in a few hours il go on my mission to buy microsoft points!il give my take on the 360 version in a few hours,

peace out dudes

:sleep:

Put DMZ on for your router with a static port devoted to your PS3 and put GGPO delay back to 2

Ok, I haven’t touched 3s since SF4 was released. Two minutes into training mode and I had no problem with shortx2 super or KKZ reset. I don’t feel any input delay offline.

i dont feel anything to be honest :confused:

No lag on my end. Combos work just fine. Completed parry training and combo trials no problem.

Stop using HDTVs and shitty monitors. This is 30 FPS game with NO FILLER FRAMES so just like (60FPS no filler frames) Tekken 6 it will lag if played on anything but an A+ quality monitor or an SDTV.

It actually is. But if people are even noticing lag, that implies there are significantly more than 2 frames of it.