"I'm No Ordinary Civy" Jill Combo / Strategy / Tech Thread Revamp

Glad to be a part of it.

A friend of mine showed me you linked to this on the UMvC3 sub-Reddit, showing everyone that Jill is far from worthless. Way to get the word out <3

ALTERED “PUALO’S BNB” SECTION TO INCLUDE OVERHEAD CONFIRMS
ADDED DOOD’S OVERHEAD CONFIRMS TO APPROPRIATE SECTION WITH VIDEOS
UPDATED “FLIP KICK LOOP” TAB

Yeah, I think I told Evil Toaster, who was a pretty good vanilla jill player about it.

Oh, I know of that guy. I subbed to him on YouTube a long time ago after being linked to a casual set of his from the Arthur boards back when he was my anchor. One of the powers that got me into Jill in the first place, actually.

I used to have long sets w/ him in Vanilla. His Jill was pretty good, for what it was and the time.

He’s also a really Smart Marvel player and theorist, and actually gave the community the reason why the infinites work the way they do now. I could see him being a extremely strong Jill player if he leveled up, or you know, stole tech** FROM HERE. **

Speaking of:
UPDATED “IMPERATIVE MOVES” TAB TO INCLUDE COMMAND NORMALS

Most noteworthy are the bits about :b::h:'s improved hitstun over standing :h:, and :f::h: as an unblockable with lockdown assists. I had only just now discovered the former.

:wonder: I went ahead and added links to Paulo’s BNBs to the youtube video descriptions of my overhead combos and added that Paulo’s combos are a better option to be used from mid-screen and corner ranges. That should help newer players when picking the best option to use depending on their screen positioning. Well, I’m off to go work out. I’ll talk to y’all later. NonSexualRice and Gangie, keep up the great work. This thread is looking great… dood!

Do you guys have any tips on the first Paulo bnb combo. I just picked Jill as my first caracther but I can’t link the heavy attack after the first 2 one is there any tip?

No outstanding tips for that one, sorry. You just have to learn the rhythm and not miss the links. I might be able to help if you were a bit more specific on which move you’re missing.

I can do the fH,QCF L but I cant link it into the H

Yeah, there’s really no trick to it except to find the link.
The most common reason for drops and other miscellaneous screw-ups in this game is from going too fast. Try slowing down; you have more time to link it than you might think.

UPDATED MISSING METER VALUES
UPDATED “ZERO SPECIAL” DAMAGE TO PROPER VALUE

I play on hitbox so maybe I’m hitting too fast

^Also, if it helps, you don’t have to do the double knee drop as soon as the overhead hits. You can delay it just slightly which will give you slightly more time to land the first H, it’s not much but it helps. You can do the motion for the double knee drop when the overhead hits but just delay when you hit the L button. As Gangie mention, try slowing down a little… dood!

So following Dood’s example, the crafty pioneer that he is, I’ve improved the BnB from the command grab a little bit. I’ll add it to the original post with a couple tips on its tight links when I’m not feeling so lazy, like in a few minutes.

(537k, -1/5 meter)
:dp::h:, :l:, :h:, :d::d::s:, Somersault, :uf:, j:h:, j:s:, :h:, :b::h:, :qcf::l:, Somersault, :uf:, j:h:, j:s:, :h:, :b::h:, :qcf::m:, ( :d::d::s:, dash forward, :d::d::s:), Somersault, :qcf::atk::atk:

Works from anywhere against anyone (except Joe and Raccoon with a mod needed for Zero) and it doesn’t use a wallbounce, yet it’s more damaging and almost as meter-gaining as the others I have. I’m looking to squeeze in a wallbounce somewhere somehow to ramp it up even higher.

REMOVED ALL COMMAND GRAB CONFIRMS IN FAVOR OF THIS ONE

An interesting tidbit of information : Jill in madbeast mode is almost immune to pushblock even on her normals. It pushes her back only very slightly. I don’t know if you guys knew this already, but I found it interesting.

Posting this one here. Thanks, Gangie.

[media=youtube]we7YU_jE1Io[/media]

messed around in the lab today; what I found out.

I think we recorded the Flip Kick Loop that does about 725K, unfortunately however, that seems to only apply to specific Characters, from everyone I did it on it works on
Hulk (727K)
Haggar (716K)
Iron Man (714K)
Sentinel (730K)
She-Hulk(713K).

It seems to only break 700K when it’s done on the heavies. To break 700K with the Ultimate Flip Loop on everyone else, you have to add in the 5th Flip Kick rep, which is really tight.

To compensate, I found another Flip Loop which breaks 700K and is much easier and less likely to drop. This one breaks 700K on everyone. However, make sure you FD out of the corner to get the full damage on everyone.

Somersault,22S,Flip,Flip,22S,Somersault,22S,M,22S,Somersault,2369M,somersault, MGS.

This breaks 700k on EVERYONE, however the damage varies. On Smaller Characters It only barely breaks 700K (on Arthur I got 700,600K), while on larger ones it reaches 716K+.

I’ll have to update the original post with these and a few new sections when I’m not so groggy.

I just made up a combo last night to kill Zero off of an XFC MGS, which is pretty much necessary to winning against him. Did you know that that poop-stain qualifies as small enough to take more damage from Raven Spike than from MGS? He also floats around so that more of the bullets will miss. It’s nonsense.

Ugh, he also has the most awkward hitbox ever, making s.M, which is already inconsistent, even MORE of a inconsistent hitconfirm.

but, according to one individual in that zero vs Jill matchup thread somehow Jill has a good matchup against him? :rofl:

Right, and I’m the gosh darn queen of Denmark. Jill and a few others has to set aside an entire set of unique combos that do less damage for his tiny floaty self.

All of her attacks get out-prioritized by Zero’s stupid normals, and he can just sort of fly around with command dashes and lightning and buster cancels to avoid eating Somersault or just ever coming down. If you do land a Somersault, good luck following it up; you probably got a lucky anti-air Somersault and will have to resort to an even weaker combo that may or may not connect since he might just float out of it. All he has to do is charge buster and toss shockwave projectiles after making some space, maybe call some assists, and now Jill is invalid. MGS is literally her only viable response, I think, and that’s before he decides to use the shadow clone thing. Definitely worth blowing X-Factor over him if you can get the kill.

Zero is rigged on an obnoxious level. A friend of mine said last night, “Zero is so oppressive that not even he knows if he’ll cross up.” Take him out, though, and the team generally just falls apart.

Just wanted to do a quick post saying thanks for this awesome thread. I’ve been wanting to get back into Marvel for a while and with the school semester coming to a close I will be able to. I love playing Jill and the stuff here is going to blow some minds next ranbat I go to. Hopefully I will be able to contribute something meaningful down the road. :tup: