Ibuki Season 2017 Changes

From the matches I’ve seen meter gain isn’t that bad and their most likely just changing some things around to mix up how the game is played. They will most likely change a ton of things in 2018 as well.

Yeah you guys really need to stop cherry picking random ass things that you haven’t actually experienced yet.

EX kunai is fun, but even in Season 1 abusing it when unnecessary is a waste of meter and your kunais. You only have 3 bars so you’re only going to get to use so many in one round. It’s not like 3rd Strike where you could fire off 5 before you run out of bar. In Season 2 you’ll be able to sit on more kunais to use the EX kunai to begin with with the reload option.

So no need to cry.

https://twitter.com/fettofettoh/status/809448334717054978

Other than s.mk being one frame slower this is big buff that’ll make her easier to play and expand options. Plus more ways to use her most famous button.

Fangirl cry I have to rethink my meaty setups after raida,this is wonderful,like, holy shit
Edit: forgot mk had 2 active frames,not 3,then nothing much will change in my meaties,but neutral and combo ability is way stronger

Now we will have more MU advantage if people still sleep on her through S2.

so mp - f+mk - mk TC is rip? welp.

hmmm, I use a bomb set up that’s hp/cr.mp xx kunai xx VTC -> mk xx sweep -> HP reset after bomb OTG xx lk dash -> punch TC xx ex kunai xx 2nd bomb -> lp raida -> mk dash -> lp raida

should stay intact with the extra start up on mk

Oh huh. That means st.mp - st.mk doesn’t doesn’t frametrap 3f jabs anymore? It also means that you can’t do the target combo -> st.mp meaty - st.mk link either.

st.mk into st.mp is now a frametrap though if it’s +2. You’d have to be up close though. I’m curious about cr.mp and if they changed it at all too. Also depends if they tweaked the hurtboxes.

You can also confirm into super now too off it - just do kazekiri and cancel into it .

Interesting stuff, seems like there will be a lot of new things to learn.

s.MP f+MK target combo isn’t that good. It’s only hard to see if you land the s.MP on hit which then you could have just comboed any way. On block it gives too much of a tell for the overhead and hard to hit anyone who knows what they’re doing with it.

s.MP, s.MK wasn’t a good frame trap any way. You’re pressing something that’s minus 1 after something that was already plus 2. Doesn’t make much sense. You’re better off just throwing out s.MP’s and reacting on counter hit into s.MK target link. Which is mainly how I use s.MP and s.MK currently. Now s.MK into s.MP will be a viable frame trap since you’re plus 2 after the s.MP.

It also makes fishing with s.MK a lot stronger since if someone blocks your s.MK you’ll be at plus 2 to easily push back at them again with a s.MP or s.LK. It’ll make mashing f+HK from max range after s.MK a bit more reliable also.

What a strange change. Funnily enough I figured Ibuki to be a medium to medium character, I was kind of surprised she wasn’t. The only oddness is that it’s opposite of what it used to be. MP used to be her high advantage uncancelable button (even in 3S should could link into MK, though it was… very specific due to the pushback), now it seems to be MK. Very strange. I’m surprised they haven’t just reversed it. I would still rather MP not be cancelable and be higher advantage, but that’s just me clinging to my old ways, and the fact knee moves are the best moves.

Sad to see MK slowed down though, it’s no longer where it used to be. Not that it matters much, that move lost it’s uniqueness of being a proximity move that could be used anywhere when SFV got rid of proximity, heh heh.

Regardless, not a bad change, for sure. If MK is staying +5, that only means it’s going to be even more plus on counter hit, which means quite a few things could be possible. You may be able to fish with it a bit for counter hits, and if it’s +7 or something, cancel into HK kazekiri from a rather far distance, or micro-step LK. Heck, EX raida would even work.

Positive change, but I’m more curious about the rest of her kit, to be frank. The parts I actually have issues with.

Other Ibuki S2 changes:

• cr. LP is +2 oB (was +1)
  • st. MP > f+MK is +6 oH (was +5)
  • as a consequence of being able to do any move after glide, the height limit has been nerfed (you can’t really do it very low to the ground)
  • she’s +5 after forward throw and +19 after back throw. She gets absolutely nothing off throws.

@OceanMachine Can you confirm that her overhead is still minus 2 on block?

I like what I’m seeing overall. c.LP being plus 2 on block is a nice buff. Will give that more of a use since it can combo into target at close ranges.

Glide is gimmicky in general so won’t really change much. She would be OD if she gained advantage off throws since she gets meaties and standing resets off like everything else. She walks faster than most of the other offensive or even footsie characters any ways. Not that hard to walk back up and pressure. Especially with the slower white health.

Only thing I’ll miss is no longer being able to combo counter hit c.LK into s.MK, but the new pressure and frame trap options off s.MK make that very worth it. s.LP counter hit into s.MK is gone now too with that. s.MP still works though. Overall opens up more options than not.

Another indirect buff is a LOT of characters now have minus 6 overheads. Which means if we block an overhead we can get s.MK as punish.

Man, how do you nerf glide height restriction? It was already max height of just below max height.

I suppose if the glide can still be used during any point during the command jump, you could try and be twelve and air dash into someone’s face and hit them. You couldn’t even do anything after that gimmick before because of Kunai height restriction. Still worthless.

I’m really blown away they are nerfing overheads, they are already 10x worse than even one generation ago overheads. With throws being bad too… this really is going to be down-back the game.

The worst ive seen downback is in CVS2 and that’s mainly because there’s so many invincible options that destroy offense that you can get a lot of clock burning. Slower white health build will get people off block and dashes will still make people choke up.

Here you go fellas. S1 to S2 changes:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bUT_RfETFL0

Ibuki’s overhead was already slow so it doesn’t really make a difference for her. They just brought the rest of the cast inline with how the dlc characters were in season 1.

Cant really make out anything from that video

Any other thing I’ve not listed is unchanged, yes.

Before I was able to glide very low on the way down, now it’s not possible anymore.
Indeed what I said about the height restriction doesn’t apply to the command jump.

Oh shit totally forgot.

@OceanMachine can you see if she has an ex kunai reload now and how many kunais it reloads? A jist of how fast it recovers would be nice too.

Ex Kunai gives back 3 Kunai. Also her forward throw was changed from 120/170 to 120/120 and back throw 130/170 to 140/200. I’m curious if the frames on her i12 st.hp were buffed in startup at all.

All in all she seems based on what we know so far a little more well rounded than before with the frame data buffs on somethings but it seems almost all characters got a slight nerf in startup in key poking tools and a little more + on hit for potentially better combo confirms or just to accommodate the change in startup from another move so all things considered no real major buffs. Not to mention that st.mp, st.mk, st.mp ch confirm supposedly only works on crouchers.

That leaves her with actual buffs being st.mk being a better poking tool via frames, cr.lp into st.mp no 3 frame interrupt gap, and ex kunai as a new tool stocking 3.