How can human beings be this stupid?

What’s stupid is the fact that they think SF4’s netcode is good. They need to play a 180 ping match on GGPO, it’s better than 99% of the 4 bar connections you get on SF4. Again, rollback doesn’t fix lag but it does expand the playable ping range by a TON. When rollback works it well, it doesn’t alter the gameplay but when the typical input delay works well there’s at least a few frames delay.

edit: And even if you prefer the input delay it STILL needs to be improved upon and it is NOT impossible to do. There are games with good input delay, just look at Tekken Tag 2

I wish there was an option to keep it that way but that would be a good idea and we know how capcom feels about good ideas.

Oh I’m aware of that but it’s like seeing arrow in the knee jokes. It’s just not really funny anymore. At least that’s the case for me. =|

It was never funny.

I see what you mean but on PC SFxT was unplayable online and that worries me. Just for clarification: Skullgirls runs fine. They really just fucked up coding SFxT’s netcode.

I live in Japan too, and my internet is awesome. SF4 netcode is… not terrible. I can play fine against locals, but only on GGPO with Skullgirls can I play against people in the Philippines with triple-digit ping:

I have like… a 3mb download speed with under 1mb upload.

I manage to play people in SFIV.

It can’t be THAT bad.

SFxT does have better netcode though, providing you’re not trying to play it on PC. The console versions are good.

Tekken Tag shits on both of them though.

Constantly dropping Dudley bnb’s due to the sometimes unpredictable delay is not fun. Sometimes the game won’t react to my inputs for like half a second, which is insane considering I only play 4 bar connections + has to be in Europe. In SFxT I can actually get some decent games even vs US players whereas in SFIV…

And honestly the EHubs community claims that the SFIV netcode is better for the sake of “Hurr durr anything from SFIV is better than SfxT”.

Its good compared to mk/injustice/marvel. When i played SFxT the first week it was unplayable. I see some of you are praising SFxT netcode, did they change it?

I think its harder for americans to find good connection. Here in europe i only join games with countries close to me…

Are you sure this a SRK thread and not a thread on 4Chan?

They haven’t changed it… rollback netcode just doesn’t like you mashing buttons.

Input something once instead of mashing and you’ll be fine.

People aren’t that stupid, they simply have different experiences with the netcode. There are so many factors that come in to play with an internet connection between two consoles/PCs that experiences playing a game online become incredibly subjective.

I generally have a decent enough connection when playing against people with a 4 bar connection in Europe. But every so often one of those will be laggy as hell too. Perhaps a roommate starts downloading a movie during a match or something on either side of the line. It happens and there really is nothing any netcode can do to solve that problem completely. Hell, I had laggy matches against my brother who lives on the other side of town, and I’ve had lag free matches against people in the US.

Personally I wonder how the concept of “cloud computing” that MS and Sony want to introduce in the next gen consoles will affect the online experience in fighting games. Using dedicated servers for online multiplayer (a.k.a. cloud computing according to MS and Sony) rather than relying solely on the clients could solve some problems but it might introduce others. It will be interesting to see how it pans out. If fighting game developers opt to use those features at all.

People think SF4’s net code is good because they have Marvel to compare it to.

Edit

The use of Kappa tends to be okay with me. It usually proceeds a joke because it is used as a smiley / punctuation, whereas “arrow to the knee” usually IS the joke and therefore gets really old really fast.

IDK shit about netcode…

But from having played SFxT online compared to SSF4…
Anyone who says SSF4 is better has no fucking clue.

I haven’t played SF4 online in about a year, and it was almost always with people a few hours away. I’ve only played SFxT online in the first month.
SF4 connection gets exponentially poopier the farther away the players get and SFxT doesn’t because of rollback?

Dont forget also the the PC rig also matters. People with slow PCs on SFxTekken are more likely to cause problems in online matches. GGPO can even run on a 10 year old PC.

Currently it is more likely to find an opponent in obscure fighters on GGPO than on SFxTekken on PC.

SFxT has better online than SFIV. That’s an objective fact, drop the bias.

Just not on PC.

PC AE is really good, PC SFxT is complete wtf. I have no clue how they fucked it up that badly.

Do any of you guys even play SFxT on PC? Ill admit its bad vs 80% of people, even if its a 4 bar connection, mostly because of the other person’s PC specs and in game graphics settings, but vs people with good connections AND good PCs/settings, its just about the best online experience I ever had in a fighting game, literally 0 rollback or input lag.

The main issue is that many people dont know they have to change the ini file for SFxT so that the framerate is on ‘fixed’ instead of variable. It was an in game option in SF4 but for some reason not in SFxT. To add insult to injury the default is set on ‘variable’ frame rate. Its a fuck up on capcom’s part which many people dont know they need to ‘fix’

You might want to make a thread regarding that, if that can solve the problem for at least a few players.

All new fighting games need to have the same (or better) netcode as SFxT. SFxT netcode is one of the reasons I’ve quit playing SF4 completely.