How can human beings be this stupid?

AE has better netcode

Because when you use SFxT’s netcode

You’re playing SFxT

To date on my balls Australian connection the only fighting game outside of GGPO that I’ve managed to play against somebody from another country reasonably is Tekken Tag 2.

Whatever they did with the netcode in that game, they got it right.

SFxT 2013 is actually a good game, and if you haven’t played it, your opinion is trash. It could still use some tweaks, especially considering I think gems/pandora as a whole is fucking trash… But it’s a solid game.

That’s besides the point though…

Very disappointed to hear that they aren’t improving the netcode or bringing back Championship Mode.

Why is Capcom completely undermining it by what they’re doing with SFIV?

Has nothing to do with it being a good game. It has everything to do with people not giving it a chance, so Capcom’s ignoring it as they can no longer make money off of it.

Jokes aside about SFxT, Championship Mode should not come back. It was bad. The ranking system was a mess - if you grinded for long enough you’d get into the next rank eventually regardless of how many games you won

Also, I remember when I got hype about getting promoted from G1 to S1, thinking I’d get to play all the good players, and then being disappointed when it was the exact same level of play

How is that undermining it? They’re putting characters in the game that are in SFxT. Those same characters are also in Alpha / Third Strike with the exception of Poison.

The two games still play completely differently, it’s not just the tag mechanic. SFxT has no focus attacks, no stun, universal low crush, wall bounce, ground bounce, float juggles, it uses meter differently, no ultras, next to no chip etc. etc. etc.

It’s like comparing CvS2 to Third Strike. They’re just different games.

I love how people generalize and say: “SSF4 is laggy on my system, so it’s a fact that SFxT has a better netcode!”

My comment was a bit generalizing as well “netcode is fine”, but that was more like “the netcode is fine in my experience”.

I don’t know why, maybe it’s because of my very strong internet, but SSF4 feels like offline when playing against someone with a decent connection. Played this game on PS3 and now on PC. On PC it is even better.
I had more laggy matches in SFxT to be honest. Maybe it’s because the SFxT netcode is better for players with weaker internet, I don’t know.

So in my experience, SSF4 netcode > SFxT netcode. It all depends on your connection I guess.

If they make it work on PC and put time in for the PC version as well it’s a good idea.

Fact is that you will have to adjust your input timing everytime unless you play against people with very similar connections. I play both games and unlike most of the EHubs scrubs I can be objective.

SFIV looks pretty even with worse connections, but you have to readjust your inputs with different connections.

xT gets annoying rollbacks when there is huge packet loss, but your input timing won’t be affected nearly as much.

When I want my combos to be reliable I would obviously pick the xT netcode. I can actually use the training mode and get decent results online.

I actually liked that Championship Mode was more a measure of experience than it was a measure of your character’s viability in a laggy environment or your ability to exploit tactics that only work online. I saw a lot more character variety in Championship Mode than in Ranked Mode because losses didn’t completely devastate your progress. It also minimized the incentive to boost.

Except it’s a proven fact that Rollbacks netcode (SFxT) > variable delay netcode (SSFIV).

To state otherwise is to HOLD THE ENTIRE GENRE BACK.

I didn’t say SSF4 netcode is better.
It’s just better in my experience with my connection and my location. I don’t know why, but it’s the truth.

I never mash, so your theory is wrong. Most rollbacks i experienced was me watching an attack connect, then rolling back because in reality my opponent blocked it. Hit confirming anything was impossible.

@OP: You seem to have quoted me because of my opinion on slower frame rate vs the screen going crazy like it does in 3SO.
I guess you missed my point because I’m not saying either one is acceptable, it’s just that I prefer to be able to see what’s going on, rather than throwing a fireball because my opponent appears to be jumping back then as my input goes it, he’s suddenly jumping in. That being said, a netcode usually appears bad because of a terrible connection between players. I played on GGPO with my friend and there’s minimal lag, then we play SF4 and the lag is comparable to GGPO; it’s minimal. However, the way it’s implemented in 3SO is horrible to the point where I almost get motion sickness when the connection is yellow.

How is it proven? Rollbacks try to leave the game at a “fair” state, however it rarely becomes fair when rollback is engaged because what happens on your screen doesn’t necessarily translate to what’s actually happening.
If you’re going to state that something is a proven fact, you better back it up, otherwise it’s claiming that your opinion is a fact.

Hit confirming anything in lag is impossible regardless.

If you punch in links with the correct timing with rollback netcode they’ll come out. The timing stays the same, even if the visual queues are off.

Do you have any reading comprehension skills? It’s clear he wasn’t talking about hit confirming as a “hit confirm” but rather as in you confirm your hit, but as you follow up into your combo, you’re opponent is suddenly blocking and the combo you did is suddenly unsafe.

I think most people simply have exposure to 3SO (and GGPO isn’t exactly the greatest for 3S, I don’t think too many people will argue that) and SFxT, it’s pretty obvious that rollback netcode would work well for SF4, but you can’t really punch the idiots in the face about it otherwise they’ll huff and puff and blow it all out of proportion.

Sfxt netcode is better than SSF4, especially when it comes to input lag. However I heard PC SfxT is very bad. I haven’t played PC though. That’s pathetic when blind hatred overrides facts. When SfxT first came out, yeah it was a glitchy mess but after they patched it… netcode is MUCH better than SSF4’s.

Yeh and teching grabs is a nightmare :frowning: