H. P. Lovecraft would be proud - The Shuma-Gorath thread!

@Crimson Cobra

I picked up Akuma and put Shuma with Hulk which seems to work nice for me. <Hulk3. But I still switch out Hulk for Sent whenever because a nice buffed boot in the ass for anyone is always good.

Hulk has a fast AA and I don’t think his Wave is too bad an assist because it covers Shuma nicely. Or just LvL up your Sent like I am attempting to do.

sentinel’s a bit too much of a risk as an assist now
and yeah i was considering hulk but didn’t know if he would provide much help for arthur and shuma

Lol Wave assist or Shuma Ray with Daggers should suffice no?

And Sent is only a liability if you call him out unsafely. Full screen Arrows or Daggers and Drones sounds like good enough zoning to me. I still rock Sent because he still can beat your entire team into submission with or without XF3 lol.

In regards to Shuma, I was wondering if anyone else was having trouble getting Mystic Ray to OTG? I can’t seem to get them to pop up for the life of me.

1- I never said that I’m not… I’m talking about strategy here… big picture
2- Those work best in the corner and you can’t necessarily rely on a corner combo at all times can you?

However, with all due respect… please elaborate on your own thoughts.

EDIT

I don’t play rush down. Sorry but it’s basically impossible to play raw rush down with shuma against most opponents due to his poor mobility. Mag/doom both beat stare with their own projectiles. Once IN, I think he has rushdown potential. But you don’t play the majority of a match ‘IN’ per se.

Try Doom, all of his assists are great. My only problem is I’m not good at Doom stuff yet, but I’m working on it. I’m thinking Hidden Missile assist if you’re good at keeping Arthur alive, otherwise Molecular Shield.

So results of the charge tricks, all we’ve really got is if you somehow manage a full forward dash while holding back, you have a Mystic Stare ready for action. For backdash, you need to hold for a little bit after the charge ends for that to work.

Found an awesome pic on Deviant Art that I thought I would post in here.

There be monsters here by ~IAutio on deviantART

I LOL’d.

Doom (assist your preference, probably missles) or Tron flame. Otherwise you should be cool.
Hulk doesn’t give a good get-in assist, his AAA is good though.

Shuma is actually one of the best raw rushdown characters in the game, sure you have to navigate to get in, but he has lots of tools to negate pushblock which is essential to being a rushdown character. I play pure rushdown for the game in general, I hate projectile wars and so my main point chars have been wolvie/spencer/shuma/ammy and so on. Of the rush down chars I find shuma the easiest to rush down cause if you get pushblocked mystic smash is an instant back in move. His mixups aren’t as well defined and does less damage off his mixups in general but he still gets in pretty well.

Although I dont agree 100% about his damage output, I’d say barring matches with apparent differences in skill level, I’ve been doing a lot better with Shuma by going for resets instead of combo enders. It helps that it’s pretty easy to combo an air grab into Mystic Ray into w/e too…

A lot of his attacks and normals hit more than once, which is why he doesn’t seem to do the best damage, especially with longer combos. Damage scaling basically ruins using Mystic Smash more than twice in a combo. However, with meter, his options open up.

^So Shuma Gorath best option is to go for the long combo’s to build meter, instead of the short damaging combos (if any)?

I hope P.Gorath and JamesC puts on a good showing later tonight, with the Elder God.

^I Agree
i wanna see someone wreck with shuma

btw I’ll be going back to using shuma later tonight
it’s been awhile since i played with him and i can’t deny how fun he is to use

I finally feel like I’m getting the hang of shuma I just bodied a first lord with only shuma and didn’t use x-factor. Also I’ve killed at least 4 or 5 dark phoenix’s that switched out and i pop lvl 3 super before she comes in, god she has it coming. BTw his c.H beats so many air attacks, things like jumping tron’s and zeros get eaten alive by just doing c.H as they com in, and even if they block, u can jump cancel the heavy to make it safe.

he’s regarded as probably the strongest marvel villain in the whole marvel universe
seeing as he can’t be killed

the only way to truly defeat him is by banishing him back to where he came from

he is pretty much Cthulhu marvel edition

a destructive ancient being worshiped by his followers whose one goal is to enslave and conquer the world

there’s a reason he rarely appears in the comics he’s just soooo strong that if he appeared constantly
the heroes would be too tired to do anything

Almost no love for shuma tonight on the WNF Stream(James Chen the only person using him and he just lost awhile ago)

^JamesChen Shuma was all the love we need.

Son.

P. Gorath showed some tentacle goodness as well! Mad props for running such a unorthodox team. That team is HUNGRY for meter!

i hope P-Gorath ends up winning but with our luck
he’ll get destroyed his next match

Thats the spirit…

Did P-Gorath get eliminated off screen?