H. P. Lovecraft would be proud - The Shuma-Gorath thread!

i think shuma can fight sentinel well.

dunno has this been mentioned before but he has a pretty good instant overhead combo vs sentinel.

j.l, j.m, j.m, j. h, air l mystic smash, l…

i’m currently rocking wesker, sentinel, dormammu now but since shuma is finally released, i can start practicing him some more and maybe replace dormammu with shuma.

wesker with mystic smash assist is pretty damn good and shuma with wesker assist seems pretty good too. instant unblockable overhead with weskers gun shot assist and shumas jumping s.

Whoa, Shuma-Gorath has special dialogue with Hsien-Ko!

When he beats her, he hits on her! xD And Hsien-Ko complains about how now she is all sticky when she beats him.

Also Haggar for some reason, who is no Dr. Strange, and can not use an arm lock on him.

Love how Dormammu takes orders from him.

My Mind set when using Shuma Gorath is Fuk it build three bars burn it, send them on a one way ticket to the abyss, I don’t waste meter with the use of Hyper Mystic Ray or Hyper Mystic smash unless its a sure kill, nor do I make use of the combos/loops that do the most damage, Im using the combos/loops that build the most meter so I can set off Chaos Dimensions and em them in the corner.

why would you do all these hits?

I’ll be entering a small online tournament tonight(prize is a psn card)
and was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on using shuma-gorath
his assist is essential to the team but once he gets on point
he’s just slaughtered instantly…

it’s at 8:00 PM EST
so almost 3 hours away
not much time to waste

c.l c.l c.m c.h JC j.236 l or m or h, or grounded 236L during pressure. You and your opponent both won’t know which way you’re hitting, just throw out some jabs after a hit to get your bearings.

just worried that once shuma gets on point
he’ll be dead…=(
i wanna make a good showing for the tentacled terror

his assist is better for locking down opponents and covering arthur then tatsu or lariat(seeing as i will be far from them most of the time)

but if there’s one thing i hate
it’s using a character just for the assist
i wanna use him well and not make shuma-gorath look like a joke

^then step your game up and put on a showing for the one eyed lord.

how the hell do i do that?
most of the time he gets on point
he’s either rushed into oblivion or zoned out
i was thinking of using mystic stare more but dunno if that would help(i usually use his normals and smash)

By playing Shuma Gorath and understanding his normals/specials and how to use them offensively and defensively, in short get familiar with One Eyed Willy.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, please forgive me if it has but Shuma can dash right under Storm. Trying on other characters and so far its seems like its only storm.

you have a better way?

Was just in training mode and found something interesting. Interesting but probably not at all useful.

When mystic stare eyes explode it seems to count as a hit for any whiffed normal you have out at the time, allowing you to chain normals without making contact.

Possibly not new (I don’t have enough interest in Shuma to read the thread), probably not useful, but I thought I’d mention it.

my team got destroyed by taskmaster/dante/sentinel and shuma was obliterated on sight…

you make it sound like shuma is the worst character in the game with the way you always say you get fucked up each time shuma is on point. Its been like 5 days, and you are competing with characters that have been out for over a month. give it some time.

I’ve said it a few times and I’ll say it again - use. mystic. stare. more. You can’t just get by using normals and smash. That’s why you’re losing. You have to play him like a fast charge character. There are plenty of those in TVC, such as Karas, who can mount an offensive while still having control of charge moves.

Pretty sure you don’t have to be in the corner to combo into mystic stare and then combo out of it into launcher > stone > explosion.

Also that thing about whiffed moves in mystic stare explosion is really, really interesting :0 don’t get comfortable with it though. It’s probably a glitch and may get patched.

Fast?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

So do we have any videos of competitive play using Shuma yet? Like good youtube videos to watch?