H. P. Lovecraft would be proud - The Shuma-Gorath thread!

Well in the guide book there a Mid screen combo that does 448,000 with no meter, thats the combo Ive been using as a B&B.

So canceling Mystic Stare into Hyper Mystic Smash seems to be the best option right now, especially since the balls carry the opponent to the corner or pretty close to it.

How is everyone feeling about the Shuma vs Sentinel matchup? I don’t know if it’s because I also main Sentinel myself, but it’s the only matchup where I feel completely comfortable and in control. I often kill Sentinel while only taking a little bit of chip damage from an assist. It seems like Shuma can lock Sentinel down all day with pressure and instant overheads, especially if Sent is cornered. Generally, the smaller the character is, the worse I do with Shuma vs them

Due to his sheer size, Mystic Smash becomes even trickier to block.

Which level strength are you using in the first one?

Also my moronic set up of Trish’s boomerang into Chaos Dimension is so stupid but so effective. I love it, haha.

I don’t know what strength he’s using there. I just found those vids on youtube. Is there a difference in the explosions of the different versions?

Yo jameschen rocking the one eyed Elder GOd.

lol

I believe the L version recovers the fastest and H the longest. I tried the combo with L and M stares and it seems easier with L stares.

where?

So either Mystic Stare sucks as a projectile or Zero’s projectile is freaking awesome. I was thinking maybe some eyeballs will go through but instead got completely nullified. Samething with beams or I come out losing.

Oh and Marn said justine doesn’t like Shuma, guess he don’t like tentacle monsters.

lol

[media=youtube]-RVYkhEADLI[/media]

no love from free1up

Who is Free1up?

a infamous fighting game player known mostly by those who scour youtube

I’m getting a little tired of getting hit out of Mystic Smash. Or even worse… getting thrown out from it. Trying to do some cross-ups with Sent Drones or Iron-Man Unibeam only to get smacked out of my Mystic Smash or thrown out of it. >_< Especially Zero slapping me with his stupid sword. FU!!!

^which version Of Mystic Smash are you using?

t

aerial :H: Mystic Smash mostly because of the arc for cross ups. Also get nailed in aerial :l:'s sometimes as well. Noticed :m: sometime misses.

I air dash and use M Mystic Smash for cross ups and L mystic smash to mix things up, I only use H Mystic smash to close distance/get over beams but not always because some characters got fast supers.

and lol good sh8t@JamesChen almost reversed Ocv with Shuma Gorath but made a minor mistake and eat a Tron level 3.

Been playing Shuma on my Troll team a bit, I think he’s good in close but suffers from mobility issues. I’m running him with Dorm and Doom, Doom missiles are great for SHuma since he’s ass for getting in… wait till the missiles are about to come down and start wave dashing in. cr.M is a really good fucking move. It low profiles, has awesome reach, is 2 hits so it beats super armor, and combos into his loop. I pretty much just whore that and instant j.M with him till I get a hit. Mystic Smash is also good when covered with an assist but that move fucking sucks raw. It loses to everything lol.

Also, Mystic Ray is an AMAZING assist. Doesn’t matter where they are, they’re getting beamed. Works great with Dorm and Dante, since they have the homing teleports, so they’re gonna get crossed up anywhere on screen.

Honestly though, I feel like his mobility is going to hurt him at high levels. It’s not hard at all to run away from him and even if he does do mystic ray at range to attempt to chip, it’s risky because it’s so slow and doesn’t really hurt that bad. But hey, once he’s in, it’s your ass.

Getting my ass beat with Shuma today. He would be about a million times better if he just had one BNB that wasn’t situational/corner that ended with a Hyper. Or maybe I keep missing something?