H. P. Lovecraft would be proud - The Shuma-Gorath thread!

Good luck P.Gorath, Hope we can see some more of your shuma

Props to P. Gorath and Justin for using brand new characters in a serious environment

aw that’ sad. I guess shuma isn’t a pick-up-and-play character.

It’s been like 24 hrs

The assist version of Mystic Stare hits for 12 instead of 6. So maybe it got extra projectile durability points meaning it can beat a crapload of projectiles? I gotta test it out though, this is just theory. Range on it still blows… >_<

I don’t like Mystic stare, the eyes don’t stay on and explode after a period of time. Assist wise anyway/

In my opinion Shuma Gorath isn’t a Sentinel Killer, but he does fight Sent on equal terms, I really love the loops. I enjoy Shuma Gorath level 3 X Factor corner combo that easily 100% Dr Doom health characters without the use of meter, hope it works on the entire cast. I get all teary eyed when ever I play Shuma Gorath, Shumas just a big eye ball of Epic nostalgia.

Nice shot capcom.

it seems like online and offline
we won’t see shuma gorath that much if at all for awhile

nobody wants to risk using him and getting destroyed

Ok so I tried out my Team “Syn” (Shuma/Dorm/Doom) for about 2 hours in the lab last night. then I set the search for private match while I train and of course my first set of matches is against Tragik (even if that’s the same Trag13) who was using Jill/Hsien-Ko/Taskmaster. Good god. Jill is annoying. Very annoying however I never knew Hsien/Task worked so well. ALso Jill in the right hands is a beast. A $&#$# beast! (I seriously think that this is the same tragik because as I watch the new Jill combo video by desk this morning, this Tragik was pulling off half of those combos very easily last night).

So I only won 3 out of 20, after that, I played several other random players and I found out;

• Shuma can build meter on point so well.

• Shuma can eat away at Sent. like it’s nothing.

• H button Mystic Ray can cut through Okami Shuffle (as long as you’re in the opposite corner and during the Flame portion and not the ice / lighting part) stopping the hyper.

• Shuma / Phoenix team is damn good. I suggest you use Sent / Doom / wesker as a third. Shuma on point, third member second and Jean as anchor.

• If timed right Shuma’s Standing H can hit up to 18 times if you get your timing right. Then you can Xfactor into Hyper mystic Ray (great if you have them in the corner)

• Tron, She-Hulk and Hsien-ko are Shuma’s worse nightmare ATM

it’s only the third day of shuma gorath
and already people are getting annoyed by mystic ray(assist)

All this only adds to Shuma Gorath’s awesomeness… standing H does wonders for safely calling an assist, and anything that fucks up Sentinel is a plus in my book :smiley:

Not trying to sound like an azz, but what does it matter?

I have to agree, besides, I’ve been seeing a pretty good level of success with him online, the upside to him being new is that people have next to NO idea how to deal with him, I’ve been landing naked j.:h:'s into combos all day, and that should definitely say something lol

and this one guy kept trying to snap my Shuma out, I think he didn’t want to deal with him, lol…

Not sure where to put this or if it’s already known here, but yesterday I calculated Shuma’s X-Factor damage increases.

Level 1 - 130%
Level 2 - 160%
Level 3 - 190%

Barely been able to play and it’s been making me sad. Haven’t even had a chance to beat Mission 10 yet. I’ve decided that I’m running with Dr.Doom (Missles) / X-23 (Ankle Slicer)/ And Shuma (Mystic Ray). Not necessarily in that order.

Thanks everyone for finding out stuff for me to work on! Wish I had more time to contribute.

shuma evenly matched with sent? not yet at least…

sent launcher beats everything/anything shuma can do

Vs Sent I would would just play sum mean ass run away with the elder god.

Can he duck low spit from sent? And does mystic ray beat drones. If so then fuck it.

Run like an 8 tentacled bitch.

ahem you’re gonna make Shuma Gorath sad, how would you like it if someone said you had 12 fingers? lol

neither mystic stare or ray come out fast enough to beat anything really

also anyone else notice hyper mystic ray is a mystic ray M then ray H, not two ray H’s?

Any advice against teleporters? Keep losing my god damn charge with all that shit. Also… does it matter which version of Mystic Ray you use for a regular throw? It might be lag or just me not timing it right but ever now and then I miss. Same goes for Hyper Mystic ray.

Also… anyone figured out how to combo Hyper Mystic Smash after a throw? I still am getting no results.