H. P. Lovecraft would be proud - The Shuma-Gorath thread!

I love for forward dashing right after it. It’s definitely baffling for many people at the moment.

His c.:m: is interesting in that it drags your opponent closer to you.

I don’t quite like Chaos Dimension anymore because of it’s missing OTG follow-up from previus games. Sure you can combo into it but it’s still pretty lackluster. It’s kind of annoying that right after CD all I get to do is watch and wait. It’s the lowest damaging level 3 (without the bite) that ties with Zero’s. It’s not gonna be as effective as Dirt Nap, in which you can OTG afterwards, when is comes to snap backs.

Keep in mind dude, this is DAY 1 Shuma, no one’s really had an opportunity to learn anything with him, give it time… though I do agree he’ll probably need an assist to do rushdown of any kind, but just give him time, people need time to experiment with him and find his brokeness, lol.

edit: and yes, his j.:s: looks like it’s pretty much ass, probably one of the worst j.:s: moves I’ve seen in this game…

this. c.:m: is stupid easy to combo after because of that, it and c.:h: are definitely my favorite normals of his so far… his f.:h: is pretty sweet for poking too, it hits pretty far and doesn’t really extend his hitbox…

what assist r u guys using for shuma? i like mystic stares pop up, but it kills the damage. mystic smash seems like a decent pinning assist like lightning legs or cold shot. id pick mystic ray but it has crazy slow startup and hits in the corner only.

I’ve been using Mystic Stare to have an assist on screen so i can have Spencer zip in safely and I figured out a pretty nifty OTG combo with it and spencers tiger knee grapples in the corner

I’m still trying to find a concrete spot for Shuma on a team.

If I end up running Mags/Shuma/Hsien I might use Hyper Grav/Mystic Ray/Senpu Bu. Hyper Grav can extend both Shuma and Hsien’s combos, Hsien-ko could use a non-Hyper OTG, and everyone loves Senpu Bu.

But if I end up using Mags/Shuma/Trish I might end up going EM Disruptor/Mystic Smash/Peekaboo. EM Disruptor helps Shuma and Trish Zone, Mystic Smash helps Mags and Trish rushdown, and Peekaboo helps Mags and Shuma’s Pressure.

Overall, I’m undecided, Might go with Hulk too, to have an OTG assist, and a meaty battery character…

Kinda dissapointing too as it had so much potential for a move that bring you to the ground quickly. I expected so many shenanigans from this.

I was hoping for a wall bounce from f.:h: but whatever. I like how his launcher still has that deceptive range, though.

I also use spencer as well as wolvie and I was using mystic stare. Wolvie can still combo off berzerker slash with shuma mystic stare assist, though timing is tight. I was using mystic stare mostly to just make any approach with spencer safe and to shut down sentinal assists. If the eye assist went full screen I would use it but alas. Mystic smash looks kind of bad for an assist, but it is day one so who knows.

Chaos Dimension actually does 385k instead of 350k like it says on the guide. I think it is either 2nd or 3rd place of the highest damaging level 3 [if you count the initial hit].

^So the guide made a mistake on the damage?

I disagree.

Can you try it again? I keep seeing 350k… Is this like the time I got confused with Dirt Nap’s damage. 400k right?

I’m just waiting until someone does something crazy with Chaos Dimension but until then I’m not touching it much.

This was going to be a combo video / tutorial but Windows Movie Maker seems to be failing lately. But Shuma can kill assists with Mystic ray or Jump S, check it out

[media=youtube]MISxDgrGmTE[/media]

I know, I personally was hoping it’d be a lot quicker to cancel from, so Shuma could use it to dip out of his air dash and go for a low, but that’s not happening now with the recovery on that damn move…

I think we just need to find Shuma’s niche, he’s kinda all over the place right now, kinda his own fault for being such an oddball character, but hey, that’s why we love 'im, lol.

Huzzah? Kinda unlikely someone’ll let you get away with that, but atleast j.:s: has SOME form of purpose… lol

I guess Dormammu’s not the only one on my team anymore that can get away with such a crime.

Now that I think about it, what exactly were they trying to accomplish with j.:S:? It gets you on the ground fast but for what? I don’t see the point of it’s long recovery.

Yeah, he is very confusing at the moment. I’m still trying to play him like he was in MvC2 and it’s just not working.

kinda cool and all but why wouldn’t the player not try attacking and let his assist die?

I’m actually getting 55k for the touch and 385k for the Chaos Dimension. I have it recorded. Default damage. My camera just died on me though lol.

i wish he had more zoning options and an 8 way air dash.

This was just recorded in training mode, not sure how to make the dummy actively try to attack me. I called Sentinel assist to show you can call assists and protect yourself a little bit. Also, if you use the H version, it will do less damage but cover the entire screen which will make it a pain for characters like Hulk to get in

Sometimes you can kill a point character and the new one won’t come in until the assists stops getting hit. So essentially beat the living shit out of that assist.

That’s by far my biggest issue with Shuma so far, he has monstrously bad recovery on some moves, j.S and his Hypers in particular

His hypers are basically like C.Vipers. You really can’t throw them out randomly. I’m having trouble connecting his Hyper Mystic Smash to anything aside from a very fast c.:h: