H. P. Lovecraft would be proud - The Shuma-Gorath thread!

I’m just messing around with this combo at the moment: c.:l:, c.:m:, c.:h:, :qcf::m:(air), st.:m:, cr.:h:, :qcf::m:(air), st.:m:, :s:, j.:m:, j.:m:, j.:h:, :s:, and finish with :qcf::atk::atk:

Pretty basic combo for a bnb at the moment.

Shame too, because it’s an overhead and he can do it pretty quickly off the ground, but due to it’s recovery you can’t follow up…

hmm, maybe with an assist? goes back to tinkering

Anyone have anything they want tested out? My execution is good (not godly) and Shuma still feels a little awkward, but I’d feel more productive that way anyways, lol.

Edit: Also, I can’t imagine any practicality in it, but you can DHC for a good while after his Hypers are done (while he’s still posing all “stylish” like, lol)

UGH. just as i suspected, mystic stare assist is TERRIBLE.

If you land a combo>aircombo into j.:s: after his eyes have latched on to an opponent they’ll detonate and bounce them back up, I was able to connect a s.:m: after the detonation into :s: for a relaunch… if your too late they’ll detonate too high to combo after and they’ll tech out in the air though.

yeah homie do the missions lol

oh wow, I’m retarded, I just jumped into training mode and totally forgot mission mode existed, I haven’t touched it since like… week 2, lol

MYSTIC LOOPPPPP

c.A, c.B, c.C, (j.B, j.C, up+j.C) x 3, s.S, sj.B, sj.B, sj.C, qcf+A

Give or take a hit here and there for optimal damage. Still messing around with it, but it does 390k damage without super.

i wish they released like 5 dlc chars at a time so shuma would get lost in the shuffle

Lol don’t worry I did the same thing…

It wasn’t that hard to forget about it, Mission Mode is just like their Training and Online Modes, it’s a good concept, and has a few good ideas, but generally feels unpolished and lacks some simple functions for no real reason… (Combo Demos/Spectator Mode etc.) but that’s for another thread, lol.

Not sure if this is the best place to ask. I heard he is avaiable on PSN, but when I search for him, I can’t find it on PSN Store. How are you guys finding these characters?

you have to have the code from the collector’s edition

Wow I’m terrible. I’m only able to get one loop in. I did…

:s:, sj.:m:, sj.:h:, sj. :u:+:h:, s.:s:, sj.:m:, sj.:m:, sj.:h:, sj.:s:, Hyper Mystic Ray.

It did like 486k.

Unless you have god timing, if you have eyeballs latched onto the opponent and do his command throw… you can follow it up with just about anything. Although to actually have that happen in a match would be rare. It seems like Shuma is dependent on hitting c.:h: to do some ground combos before going into the air.

lol, his title for finishing Mission Mode is “Tree Hugger” that’s just epic…

Managed to get about 600k from his Mystic Loops into air series with the super.

There are so many possibilities for insane damage with his Chaos Dimension. I’m about to see if I can incorporate that into the Mystic Loop.

You can also add an additional j.B during the loop to juggle the opponent a bit higher if he/she is too close to the ground.

He actually has an intro dialogue with himself. “What a handsome devil you are!”

^ Godlike!