H. P. Lovecraft would be proud - The Shuma-Gorath thread!

So I guess I have to wait till tomorrow.

have fun yall.

Edit: So no safe tag out, WE HAVE BEEN NERFED!

what’s an LE code? I have the code from the collector’s edition and just inputted it and it won’t let me download

I entered the code and got an error. Hopefully by midnight, we’ll see something.

looks like it was a mistake and it was fixed right away

FAIL! that is so BS, I come here and find that Jill/Shuma are on PSN, put in my LE code, SEE the download, and it doesn’t work… I call shenanigans T^T

FML

limited edition also came with a code iirc, and those who brought the limited edition now have access to those characters Im guessing.

or HAd access.

Yeah apparently Capcom caught on to this fast and restricted the downloads. Damn them. Does anybody know just HOW early they were leaked?

I’m hoping (although it’s highly unlikely) that Capcom will be nice and let us use the codes at midnight considering they’re working and just disabled…

I’m just peeved that I just like… BARELY missed getting Shuma early, it’s such a TEASE! T^T

I just caught it now. Playing a bit of Shuma. Shuma can SORTA re-launch with a combination of j. :h: and j. up :h:. The timing is a bitch though. Almost had some sort of loop with his c. :h: which is jump cancel-able into jumping :h: and mystic bash into another crouching :h:. My execution is ass so forgive me… lol. Shuma is fun but a lot of his normals are multi-hit so I think hit stun deterioration will suck a bit for him. I dunno about that invincibility bullcrap the guide was mentioning. Was testing shuma’s hypers and they got crap for invincibility if they even have any minus his level 3.

Just as Crimson Cobra said that LEs could use it… I hopped on to see if it was true and BAM! 100 KB download complete.

I just did it right now and it worked. TO THE LAB!

Yes, it worked for me aswell. Odd…

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!

lol

edit: oh joy, I’m more than likely not sleeping tonight, lol…

edit #2: :h: Mystic Stare is surprisingly fast

oh hellz yeah

noooooo :[

I don’t know about anyone else, but yah, I’m in NY…

He has a lot of recovery on his j.:s:, It jarred me for a bit, because most combos that end in j.:s: -> OTG Hyper, you can do the OTG hyper right away, but you have to wait for Shuma’s recovery to finish on j.:s: before you can Hyper Mystic Ray

Also, seems like his wavedash ain’t too shabby either, I mean, it’s not as fast as someone like Trish or Viper, but it’s better than I thought it’d be…

Wtf does chaos dimention do? I can’t figure out how to use it

Well, I was able to end a BASIC combo with HMR, but by “basic” I mean :m:, c.:m:, c.:h:, :s:, j.:m:, j.:m:, j.:h:, j.:s:, :qcb::atk::atk:

Edit: also, correct me if I’m wrong (which is possible because I’m unfamiliar with using OTG assists) but it seems like the Ray assist is a might too slow to hit after an air combo… he’s gonna definitely end up with some weird combos lol

Activate ChaosD hyper then use L,M,S to start combo and end with H to start ChaosD for big damage. Lots of combo options into it.

Backdash is invincible! Not the initial part, but the part where you can only see its eye.

While the mystic stare eyeballs don’t disappear when you grab, the eyeballs can explode while grabbing. When it does, which is very likely because the timer goes fast, it does no damage. Since the timer goes fast anyways, I don’t think we’ll find ourselves grabbing while the eyes are latched on.

And yes, unfortunately, j. :s: has a ton of recovery shiver