H. P. Lovecraft would be proud - The Shuma-Gorath thread!

LAME. F U lazy Sony slackers. About the demo… I would have rather have Seth do it like he did whenever he would introduce a character. What he did with Dormammu was great explained every little thing about him. Although he has more variations because of the Liberation ability, he could have gone over what each move does depending on the button you pressed. But that kid… wow I just wanted to punch him in the mouth. “LIKE OMG I GOT JILL… WHAT DO I USE?! CHARGE MOVES?!” :annoyed: “ohhhh her level 3 is like Gen’s?!” wait… what?! No god damn it! Just shut up and take it!

I dont think that unity link is confirmation that the dlc is not delayed. it doesnt mention the japan delay, it’s just a generic press release probably written long ago.

i think the demo wasn’t as good as the others because the characters are going to be released soon anyways
so it’s not like we desperately need new info on them now
when in under 24 hours we’ll have them in our game

dude does everyone have to speculate everything…
don’t start this crap up again

I was told we(PSN) will be getting them at 3am on my side of the coast, in the MvC3 general discussion thread but no confirmation by preppy yet etc etc.

3 AM?!..is that for everyone or just for the collectors edition
cause the psn updates between 5-6 PM EST…

The time doesn’t matter that much to me. I’m just excited to get him no matter what.

This is what I remember. I haven’t downloaded much since i got my PS3 and the last thing I did was the Scott Pilgrim game. I remember it took until 4:30 or 5 pm Eastern for it finally be available for purchase.

IDK I remember copping those MvC3 costumes at some time around 2am west coast time, don’t know if that counts for characters but we will see, unless preppy or which ever Mod put out that info has some legit knowledge.

You must have gotten them at 2am on wednesday…psn definitely doesnt update until around 3pm PST

can anyone tell me what playstyle shuma gorath is?
he seems like he’d be a mix of some sort or a oddball character like tron

Shuma’s fighting style is get up close and personal with the opp.

lol, my PC sucks, why did this post even show UP here? <.<

Grabbing was a vital part of his game. He was an unconventional rushdown character but he had little to no zoning potential so there wasn’t much of a choice. Now that he has an airdash, an improved mystic smash, and mystic ray, his rushdown is starting to look much better and he might be capable of some zoning, unlikely but it’s better than before.

According to the “demo”, everything he had before is back but better. I wonder if that includes mystic stare.

I’m just hoping they pumped his damage enough that (while I loves me some Chaos Dimension) he can do damage sufficiently without having to hoard for lvl3. And if they designed him to simply be buffed from what he was, I could see him ending up a middle-ground kind of character, with decent zoning and decent rushdown, but needs assists to fully commit to either…

but eh, that’s almost all pointless conjecture, I’m just dying for tomorrow (I probably won’t even touch Marvel 'til I know Shuma’s on the PSN, and just distract myself with Dragon Age II).

well good news is we all will have shuma a the end of the day.

apparently you can play with jill and shuma now if you have The LE Code…
dunno if this means they will be up tomorrow earlier then expected on the psn or not

Luck them.

P_P

Its true man… finished downloading them right now. Was just 100 KB. Super short download!

Small Updates: Mystic Stare hits 12 times instead of 6 as an assist / No Eyeballs latch on. Mystic Ray is a bit slow to use as an OTG for the end of aerial combos. Eyeballs DO NOT EXPLODE when tagged out.