H. P. Lovecraft would be proud - The Shuma-Gorath thread!

Nah I think 4:30pm Eastern? I remember wanting to download Scott Pilgrim the game and i had to wait till then. Then again I think there was also maintenance bullshit happening at the sametime.

lame if that’s what it is. why would you pick mystic stare L over mystic ray H?

Kicks maybe?

I was hoping it was the H version. I didn’t store that post into my long term memory, unfortunately. Still hopeful for changes but I don’t think we’re getting much.

Do we even know if the eyes latch when it’s an assist? Unlikely, but you know…

I get the impression Mystic Stare assist will primarily be a combo extender. But I’m still leaning towards Mystic Ray, it looks glorious lol.

Naw it will just end up being like MvC2 if Im not mistaken.

i heard shuma’s moves are charge based
will that be a pain to execute during a actual match or is it just like split second charging?

^go play Hulk and find out, I have no problem tossing out gamma wave when I need to. Shuma Gorath only has 2 charge base moves, that will be used best in a combo, or after a Knock down, his main weapons or moves that you will be using most of the time, are not charged base.

Edit:2 more days.

isn’t it strange that marve’s dlc character(shuma gorath)so far looks better then capcom’s dlc character(jill valentine)

Mystic ray H assist looks very punishable though. It has a hella long startup.

Shuma is a god. Even if he gets punished, he’ll get back up and cross his tentacles in his b-boy pose and laugh at you.

No shit, Shuma is the main character.

Fixed

No…

Look at dooms hidden missiles.

do you guys think shuma would fit more then jill alongside arthur/sentinel?

I think mystic ray assist would provide great cover for Arthur’s projectile games.

Jill and Shuma are very different characters so it’s hard to say which one’s better for you. What type of character are you looking for? I’m assuming someone speedy so in that case Jill. I’ve always played Gorath as a grappler while others played him more as rushdown. It’s kind off hard to not play him as both though. He’s never been a straightforward character but this time he has newfound mobility in his airdash and an improved mystic smash. Mystic ray too, don’t forget about that.

I’m gonna miss ending every one of my aircombos with a grab, though. “Tasty!”

I wouldn’t right off his throw as a combo ender just yet.

Theory fighting here… I wonder if Mystic Ray would be a good counter against Doom Missiles since it essentially sweeps the entire screen. Sounds like it would? Especially hit doom since it does go across.

I expect a lot of throw resets with Shuma this time around especially with an OTG beam and two OTG supers.

I’m just wondering how much scaling we’ll get from his normal throw now that it hits 4 times.

Probably not that bad considering a lot of of moves hit way more times than that and can still do massive damage combos.

One More Day.:badboy:

Now I hope PSN updates at 12am.