H. P. Lovecraft would be proud - The Shuma-Gorath thread!

That loop on Ammy is looking one it’s gonna be one of his BnBs. Hopefully it works on other characters.

Love his forward throw. He looks at the camera like, “Did I do that?”

So basically like a ghetto Berserker Slash combo. This might be awkward, since the Shuma Ball will put your opponent in blockstun, which will make the vertical mix-up invalid due to Absolute Guard. I would be difficult to time, but it’s definitely among my considerations.

The H one travels really high, it’s use for movement.
Use it to travel to the otherside of the screen, not to hit them with it.

:slight_smile:

We’ll see - let’s hope.

no need to hope, one of the leaked vids shows H shuma ball being stupid high and far.
:smiley:

^You do know that can backfire on you right?

Your looking two hard my friend, at combo’s that aren’t a good showing for his damage output. His health is 950 which is average.

I doubt its much of a risk as to not try it.

^I never said don’t try it, just saying there is a danger that comes with it.

No, I don’t like his model either. In this game his tentacles are just so scraggly looking on him. In MvC2 he seemed to have more mass to him and his tentacles were thicker (haha), contributing to an overall better look imo. Though to be fair, I really like the rendering on Shuma.

its actually the opposite the way I see it, when it comes to his mass and tentacles, besides a few of his movement.

I love it when he moves actually especially when he’s airborne, the tentacles just flow too well. It’s the standing animation that bothers me the most. They tried to mimic his sprite but it didn’t work for that one too much. Also, the moment after the CD grab and before shuma engulfs his victim in his sphere is also pretty awkward. I think Capcom just got a bit lazy on this DLC pair because there are some inconsistencies with Jill as well. They were probably like, “we’ve done a really great job putting as much detail on Shuma-Gortah so to compensate for lost time, let’s do his animation as fast as we can. No one will notice the inconsistencies because everyone will be distracted by the detail anyways.” Still, I have to give it to them for even considering and attempting Shuma-Gorath in the first place so I gotta love them for that. I’m done… for today.

^tl;dr? Just my usual Shuma animation/model rant.

Btw, did he keep his mini teleport ground backdash or what? Just wondering cause just like mystic ray, we haven’t seen any footage of it.

I was wondering about Jill. Even the guy who leaked Shuma and Jill early said that there were some things that would “doubtlessly” be fixed when the characters got officially released, such as Jill’s laughably terrible machine gun super, but it seems they didn’t really do anything to fix them.

Jill’s Machin Gun Spray looks like it does decent damage now but it’s properties look the same.

Yeah he still has the teleport, just hope it stays true to the past versions, I.E. can’t be hit until the eye is back into its socket.

If the posters in this thread think that machine gun spray does “decent damage” then we’re in seriously bad shape.

^you mean yall are in bad shape.

Me on the other hand is good with the Shuma G.

Fine, fine. It does more than 200% it’s original damage from the incomplete Jill in the disc.

Interesting thing about it is that he actually didn’t teleport. On the sprites, it looks like he goes underground and surfaces to catch his eye. Never noticed it before until I randomly played MvC2 today. Speaking of which, I wonder how vital his normal grabs will be this time. I’m also curious if mystic stare’s eyeballs disappear when you grab.

Been out of the loop for a bit. Waste of Flesh is back and I love it.

And the damage on those trailers was set to low, had to be.

Ok, I am actually pretty happy with how devitalisation turned out. Still looks decently cool even without the model change.

Anyway that combo into hyper mystic smash gave me an idea. You should be able to tag for free to a more mobile character and then continue the combo while they’re still being hit by the balls/eyes. Someone like Dante or Wesker would be ideal.

6 More Days Just six more Days.