H. P. Lovecraft would be proud - The Shuma-Gorath thread!

Only way to get those question answered at this point in time is to ask one of the guys who already have Shuma Gorath downloaded on there disk, that or wait till release day.

Thanks mate. A lot less choppy than damn Japanese site! Can see that tentacley goodness a lot better! Now here is a question… the little “mystic smash” loop. I know how far you can get into it? I would awesome only two and then maybe… MAYBE an aerial combo? Mystic Smash does add a lot of hits.

His Super with the Bouncing Balls looks like he can get easily counter Super’d. Because the balls don’t reach the other screen instantly or anything.

Well it depends really. Sentinels HSF is only 9 drones that come out in 3s each wave but it beats out most beam supers from full screen. There are very few things that flat out beat it or negate it. The Shuma Balls are supposedly 1 high priority each. So it will be interesting to see how they interact versus other supers.

I think if his Ball Super (lol ball) is good, you’re gonna’ see a lot of Shuma/Storm/Sent teams. That Super just covers the screen and would go well with Storm’s to chip people and lock them down.

Been maining Shuma since the days of Marvel Super Heroes and I’ve been looking forward to seeing what Capcom would do with his MvC3 incarnation. I must say that after watching that reveal trailer I am really liking what I’m seeing. Seems much more versatile now and that mystic smash looks insanely good. Interested to see what DHC options he’ll have with his supers especially Chaos Dimension. I actually dig his new voice as well :wink:

I was hoping his voice would be something altered from what was on the disc… or at least his lines, kinda lame that his line for Hyper Mystic Smash is just “Hyper Mystic Smash” … even the characters that say the name of their move usually add something else to it to give it a -little- style. Just “Hyper” pre-flash is kinda meh.

I do really love the way mystic ray is looking though.

"Behold… Hyper Mystic Ray!"
I guess that would be asking too much. Oh well.

That would have been too cool.

I’m just glad he still calls people a waste of flesh.

His damage looked dissapointing but I’m still hype to try him out, friday’s gonna be FUN!

i don’t give a damn about jill but can’t wait to d/l shuma. hopefully this next week goes by fast.

I can’t believe we still haven’t seen Mystic Ray.

His damage didn’t look bad at all, and his meter building was nice, I guess it may seem that way because shuma’s supers Ray, and Smash damage where used at the wrong times.

yeah according to the guide those combos can go much longer.

I just realized we get Shuma a week from today… and it’s made me way more amped :smiley: He looks more legit than he did in MvC2 (making Stare his only charge move, his new Ray, and his improved Smash in particular), are the properties on his Stare any different from MvC2?

I used to have so much fun with Tron/Shuma/Doom back in MvC2, but Shuma was by far the weakest link on that team (granted I was also a lot more scrubby in those days), here’s hoping Capcom did right by poor Shuma.

Just thought of something:

Sentinel Droids assist.

At the start of the match, call them and then use fierce shuma ball to go to the otherside making the rockets off screen and a mixup.

:smiley:

Shuma’s damage on Wesker during the combo where he landed both the mystic stare and hyper smash did piss poor damage, especially for a combo that was nearly 50 hits.

I thought Shuma was all about high-damage rushdown. Why did they change him? They better give him decent health to compensate.

The wesker combo looked at about 50% of his health. Didn’t seem to bad. I’m sure he’s capable of more.
He has 950k according to the guide btw.

Shuma was never a damage dealer as far as I remember. He was slightly below average to average at best when it comes to damage. Even his CD from mvc2 did less damage than most of the level 3s (Spiral’s for example). The only reason CD was prominent was because it was a lot more consistent and overall better than hyper mystic stare, and the others with level 3s had better level 1s to burn their meter or didnt focus on hypers.

Still, that has never stopped me from using him. Only his model will be capable of doing that. Honestly, the first thing i’m gonna do is unlock his model and stare at it from all angles until I get used to it. Of course, that won’t help me with his other crappy animations but it’s something. I don’t know, his model is has bothered me the most compared to the others. Maybe I just had too high expectations for him. What is wrong with me…