H. P. Lovecraft would be proud - The Shuma-Gorath thread!

10 days more thats like, 2 more weeks, it feels like waiting for the game to release all over again. >:C

I know how you feel. Right now I’m pretty much stuck with Wesker/Dorm. Need a 3rd man, woman, tentacle thing for my team! >_<

^Exactly, Right now Im running a show of two, Trish & Dormammu, and my 3rd for now is random. lol

[media=youtube]T7-vdxEG298[/media]
more shuma, but nothing we haven’t seen before except for the activation of chaos dimension hitting.

Is it me, or does that look kind of hard to combo off? I do hope you won’t be required to use an assist to combo from that. Link from standing mystic smash A also seems kind of tight.

Can someone list all of Shuma-Goraths assists? The Hyper Guide seems to not have any info on him yet.

a - Mystic Ray (H) 129,900 dmg, OTG + knockdown, crossover Hyper Mystic Ray.
b - Mystic Stare (L) 105,200 dmg, gone after 29 frames, crossover Hyper Mystic Smash.
y - Mystic Smash (L) 113,600 dmg, crossover Hyper Mystic Smash.

I’m super interested in Shuma’s “A” assist. Sweeping Mystic Ray that causes knockdown and has OTG properties? Yes please.

when will these guys show off his entire move set = assist? I mean thats better then just random combos, some one with a Tube account should PM them.

and no Chaos Dimension start up and after doesn’t look hard to combo into, and the guide has proven there no need for an assist.

any word on how much health Shuma has? I’m trying to decide on a place for him in my teams, but I wanna know how brittle he is first :open_mouth:

950,000 dude is average.

So I just watched Jill’s own Hyper Combo gameplay and it also featured Shuma-Gorath at the end. Near the end, Jill did her gun hyper and DHC’d into Chaos Dimension in which the bite connected and he was able to combo into H and grab. That’s good news I guess but the better news is that some people were actually baffled why Jill turned into this freaky one eyed octopus. I didn’t expect that.

^That could have been my nest quick if I had drank some before reading your post.

Crazy thought: after using Chaos Dimension, it would be interesting to DHC into another character to preserve the timer, and then activate it later via a long aerial exchange.

^Been brought up before, and yeah it would be nice, but we will have to see if Chaos Dimension is able to retain its timer when Shuma Gorath is tagged out.

lol shuma looks like he belongs in clayfighter

Ugh, Shuma-Gorath needs to yoga it up, some of his tentacles are really stiff. I’m just glad that it’s only his standing animation (farthest upper tentacle from the screen) and CD that looks visually repulsive. Everything else is great. His angled jumps and falls, his walks, his dashes, and most of his normals are just so beautifully animated that any other flaw is easy to see.

Not saying that Dirt Nap should dictate CD’s properties but since its timer is erased when she tags out, CD might get the same treatment. I’m not so sure if the reason was invisible assists or the aerial exchange feature.

Anyways, what’s everyone’s color choice for the Lord of Chaos when he arrives?

Moon Shuma for me, until I get tried or seeing everyone and there momma rock it.

As for Chaos Dimensions, Capcom kept it classic, I can accept that, the visuals are OG.

I’m always a default kind of guy.

I really miss his Grape color.

You can’t DHC out of lvl3’s but you can probably just switch out another way.