H. P. Lovecraft would be proud - The Shuma-Gorath thread!

Yeah, problem with that is, Marvel came up with the story.

So…

Its still in a shitty Capcom fighter story, that has nothing to do with 616 so yeah, it falls in the slot of invalid.

Bah, it’s not like his ending matters that much. Still one of the better ones in terms of comedy.

Also, Hyper Mystic Ray looks beastly.

I more interested in Shuma loops then his hypers.

hyper mystic ray looks kind of meh honestly. Hyper Mystic smash, on the other hand, seems like it can potentially do a good heap of chip damage. Both are not very powerful and leave him open to punishment if they’re blocked (ESPECIALLY Mystic ray)

However, HMR may be good for DHC’s considering how it picks people up off the ground.

correct

i havent experimented with it much. but its not that fast, neither is mystic stare so i wasnt able to combo into his assist after weskers otg gun shot. mystic smash assist does work, but only in the corner. imo, thats the assist of choice. it keeps them in block stun pretty long

sadly, no.

i would post a video, but all i have is a shitty camera phone and i dont wanna get banned on youtube. hyper mystic ray is the only super that otgs. i think this is the final version unless the upcoming dlc is bigger than say 5mb.

hyper mystic ray does more damage the closer you are.

Yeah the book says Hyper Ray is for Corner combo’s and Hyper Mystic smash is for mid screen combo’s.

Glad to hear that HMR OTGs. So, what do you mean by slow? Slower than previous versions of SG?
I hope he’s good. I’d like to be able to use him in tournaments and whatnot.

he definately looks faster than previous versions.

I’m curious about the applications for mystic stare. We haven’t seen much of that move.

he does seems slower than his msh incarnation.

about mystic stare. it gets weaker and weaker from every incarnation game.

msh - godly projectile for chipping and in general

msh vs sf - added the eye ball latch effect so you can’t use it repeatedly when it hits

mvc2 - same as in msh vs sf but hp version doesnt go full screen anymore
mvc3 - l mystic stare only goes a 1/4 of the screen. yes, thats not a typo. m is half screen and h version goes almost full screen. h version have the longest startup but the fastest travel time.**

about chaos dimension:

i think i know why chaos dimension does so little damage compared to other level 3. the reason is that you can combo almost everything into his chaos dimension. the chaos dimension activation has a BIG hit box and you can launch, m, m, before grabbing.

Awesome! Thanks for the info Ouroborus… I don’t suppose he can activate chaos dimension mid combo and finish the combo with it, can he?

Can chaos dimension grab out of blockstun like X-23’s dirt nap?

Yes.

I don’t think they would change that about chaos dimension.

It’s like PTX rocket resets all over again <3

Though seriously I think there might be a chance they’ve changed it to follow the normal grab rules, which means no combing into grab out of blockstun. I really hope this isn’t true so I’d like to see some documentation confirming otherwise.

he can. combo into something, activate chaos dimension and depending how far shuma is, he can usually tack in a launcher into air m x2, chaos dimension grab. but for something that knocks shuma back too far like his standing h, the best you can do is just chaos dimension grab after the activation.

yes. i’ve tested this with chuns lightning legs assist and trishs round harvest.

I thought :s: was what turns into the hit for chaos dimension? How can you launch and do M M Chaos Dimension?

Its :h: …

Also, today I woke up and watched the shuma gorath ending.
The voice suddenly clicked for me, I don’t know why.
I actually kind of like it now… not as a replacement for the MVC2 Shuma but as its own entity.
“How can you hope to defeat the infinite…” and then he latches on to the camera… awesome.

Just make the video private - the guy who did the previous videos isn’t banned yet. Are you sure HMS doesn’t OTG? The guide says it does, which makes me wonder if they are closer to the final form, or if the disk version is.

I’m mostly excited about his Mystic Ray assist, so if you could entertain my curiosity, it would be most appreciated:

1. It doesn’t “pick up” the opponent, right?
  2. It’s the version that inverse Captain Swords, correct?
  3. At mid-full screen, how many times does it connect?
  4. Can Dormammu combo off of it like with other beams?
  5. How well does it fare against other projectiles?

Maybe you can use it mid-combo? Then the explosion sets you up for another.

Ah i stand corrected. Thought it was the same shit like X-23’s level 3 minus the invisibility. An interesting thing to note is that X-23’s move actually does 300 flat compared to Shuma’s 350k. Which doesn’t even include the 50k activation. Plus the invisibility was kinda dumb…