H. P. Lovecraft would be proud - The Shuma-Gorath thread!

Shuma-Gorath is such a badass, but capcom practically makes him a joke character. I mean…His ending man, his ending.

Seriously according to the marvel website shuma is: Lord of Chaos, Master of the Old Ones, Ruler of a hundred dimensions, and he can take any form and he is indestructible. I actually think he is almost or more powerful than galactus.

Don’t let Capcom shitty fighting game story line get at you.

I think I’ll be switching out Wolverine for Shuma.
Team will be Shuma/Trish/Sent.
Shuma’s good rush, Trish is good keep away, and Sent is… well… Sent. Good at just about everything…

lol in his intro he’s all like “HYUK hyuck hyuk” basically.

Mystic Smash looks way too much fun now especially with its new input. Loving the range on his launcher as well. Everything looks promising so far barring Chaos Dimension.

It doesn’t seem like x-factor affects charge times. If it does, it’s way too insignificant to be bothered with.

What the hell is the matter with you? His ending is fucking awesome!!

you mean like Sagats tiger scar did in ssf4?

I still would like to see all versions of Mystic Ray in action.

I’m really loving the recovery time on mystic smash and the way it just seems to glide through opponents. I’ll bet he has close to ground loops on sentinel all day long.

Mystic smash is also going to be wonderful for tick throws and other such setups. Devitalisation may actually be good if you can continuously mystic smash in and frame trap into it, let alone chaos dimension.

According to the guide, Mystic Smash leaves you at a slight frame advantage and the Chaos Dimension “seems” like is getting the same treatment as X-23 Silent Kill/Dirt Nap. Meaning the person can be in block stun and the hyper still connects. Also can be dirty for incoming characters for an easy 350k.

Well to be honest the only reason he ever loses is because he gets outsmarted, he certainly isn’t lacking anywhere else.

I think he looks amazing and I like his voice. His win pose is the best in the game hands down.

Yeah, but a 3? I’m pretty sure power grids invented nerd rage. ‘Ryu faster than Wolverine!? CAAAAAPCOOOOOM!!’ :mad:

The voice has taken Shuma in a more ironic b-movie direction, which is fine. I just preferred the more otherworldly MVC2 voice. He’s a little too much of a generic alien for my tastes. No biggie.

One thing I don’t like though…Mystic smash is no longer a ‘smash’ anymore is it? No more bouncing off the opponent, no more badas “SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK” sound effects. no more flying bodies.

I mean, there is still something pretty satisfying about watching the new mystic smash just drill through the opponent’s guard, but it ‘feels’ weak compared to it’s old counterpart. The connection isn’t quite as satisfying.

Does the guide say anything else about mystic smash’s properties? Does it have good priority or invincibility or anything like that?

I remember the Marvel Collectible cards in the 90s, they gave Cyclops (with his chiseled physique and constant workouts in the Danger Room a Strength of 1, only other 1 in the set was Aunt May and the card that explained the power levels had that as “Feeble/Sickly”. If you see him as a three Int somewhere, it is probably a typo.

Not to mention that Tron is supposedly smarter than MODOK and Spencer is a better fighter than Captain America

[media=youtube]o8s6XuKj4LM&feature=player_embedded#at=39[/media]
That’s a pretty big typo. Shuma’s seem pretty accurate though.

Any one who take capcom’s MvC3 story/graph’s serious should be laugh at.

Nope, if it had all of that it would be a one move show.

Until we see how Mystic Ray works, it will probaly be the one most spammed given that it is the only move that isn’t charged aside from his command grab. Also the degree of mobility AND can be used in the air, I think Mystic Smash will be a a definite staple.

Oh I agree it will be the staple, that frame advantage isn’t bad either. Im sure Mystic ray will have it uses as well, but what really sells me the most is Shuma normals.

His normals look amazing from the footage we seen. Lots of range and fucking BEAUTIFUL. But aesthetics aside, I like the one where he spins like a helicopter. It will look like it can do some nice cross-ups with his dash. Crouching heavy also look nice and could be a decent anti-air. Which is good considering he needs to be charging.

On that note… LOL@his standard throw saying “HMMM TASTY!”

Yeah his Air M looks nice and beastly for cross ups, not to mention I like the extra hit they add to it, where he spin’s vertically after the 1st shuma copter spin, & Standing H is +12.

I like how his Standing M actually looks like he’s biting instead of just jabbing someon with his jaws. His standing L is the only one that looks bad, aesthetically. It’s too stiff not tentacley enough so it looks like he’s jabbing instead of smacking.

As for Air M, I’m really glad it’s back. I really missed the copter fun in MSHvsSF. His launcher has a good and deceptive range again and Standing H looks both fluid and deadly.

If they ever offer new stages, would you guys like a stage with no walls like Shuma’s in MSH.