H. P. Lovecraft would be proud - The Shuma-Gorath thread!

Everything…begins AND ends…with SHUMA GORATH! jumps onto the screen

…please Capcom, bless me with this divine creature.

That and the guy was playing on low damage.

Like everyone else I’m not a fan of the voice but he looks beautifully animated for the most part. Can’t wait to actually get my hands on him.

Glad to see him, and by the looks of it my demon lord team (shuma/morrigan/dormammu) may actually work.

Damn, the animations on that squid look sick, and his voice sounds good to me. I think a lot of people thought Taskmasters voice was weird as well, but eventually came to like it.
Also, Mystic Smash looks pretty buff.

Perhaps he may have a more sinister voice if you switch to Japanese Mode. Also… I’m curious if you can create a lockdown with level 3 factor with Mystic Bash spamming just like Morrigan’s level 3 xfactor Astral Vision w/ Fireball spam. His dash/backdash is pretty quick! I don’t think I saw any Mystic Stare action.

Also wtf is with the damage? Is it set to the lowest? I know a team aerial combo completed actually tacks on some nice damage. Chaos Dimension OTG follow up doesn’t look possible…

marvel characters don’t get japanese voices.

But yeah, his voice is sort of eh for me. I think they were trying to make him sound more cheesy space monster like a galactic tentacle god should, or make him sound more ambiguous so that he could be considered male or female (succeeded there. Sometimes he sounds like he could be female to me)

It’s more the pitch of his voice that I’m not so much used to, and the fact that the new VA seems to be trying WAY too hard to sound scary if you know what I mean.

Aside from that though, he sounds a lot more intimidating an nasty now honestly, so it’s not all bad.

Also I don’t think I said it before but I really like how his light mystic smash passes through the opponent on block, hitting the whole time. Not going to be that great for crossups but still really nice for pressure I’d assume. That is going to eat Sentinel armor up.

Fuck for a second I wanted to correct you and say “wtf shuma is a capcom character!” then I was like oh wait… god damn it. LOL
I don’t mind the voice that much. I think it will grow on me.

Yeah, I agree with the voice isn’t all that bad, it has its moments like when he activates Chaos Dimension, and says “curse you.”

I thought he said “Welcome to…” then when he grabs you and commences the vortex he says “…the Chaos Dimension.”

You guys miss the after images in mystic smash at all? :< sob

^ aww snap…guess I heard wrong.

Oh, and can he still otg after Chaos Dimension? The video showed that he was attempting to do so but couldn’t. But i’ve read somewhere that the guide says he can.

I didn’t see anything in the guide about Otg after Chaos Dimension.:frowning:

[media=youtube]yQZm5DG7_lQ"[/media]

What the heck does he say in his intro??

It has his normal throw as well but it was done at full health so it’s still a mystery. During the throw, At first I thought he said “taste me” but it’s actually “tasty” lol.

sounds other worldly.XD

“You have arrived… at the Chaos Dimension!”
“You won’t survive… the Chaos Dimension!”

Is what I hear when he does his level 3?

^
Your’e right, what he says during the bubble > twister part is along those lines but now I’m curious at what he actually says during the activation.

Seems Marvel and Capcom have given Shuma a thorough beating with the goofy stick. Not a bad thing mind, but I always liked the more horrific Lovecraftian vibe he gave off when I first saw him. Still, got a giggle from the ending. Shuma was made for Japanese game shows! Though him being a 3 in intelligence on the powergrid!? He’s an ancient and omniscient God and still no smarter than Wolverine? :shake:

I hear “You’re mine! The Chaos Dimension!”

Nothing. He’s just gnashing monstrously.

Let me clear this up. He says “Welcome to…” upon activation of his level 3. When he grabs his opponent he says “you’re mine”, and says “the Chaos Dimension!” when he sends them into the vortex of doom. From this it can be hypothesized that his activation line and his grab line will be switched around when he gets released, so he fully says “Welcome to the Chaos Dimension!” when he grabs you.