H. P. Lovecraft would be proud - The Shuma-Gorath thread!

Shuma is also completely invincible while SHOOTING THE BEAMS ONLY with Hyper Mystic Ray.

Yo I got the guide been reading threw it and what not, and Idk about you guys but from what I have read, it looks like Shuma Got more buffs then nerfs or crappy moves.

Theres nothing on revitalization tho. :frowning:

Overall the Old One looks monstrous.

Shoryuken - Marvel vs Capcom 3 Hacked to Test Shuma Gorath

Moon Shuma Is godlike.
http://www.global-trance.com/mvc3shuma/mvc3shuma_alt_color_03.jpg

His model seems so out of place due how hyper detailed he is. I dig Moon and Indigo Shuma.

^lol I glad I wasn’t the only one thinking that.

March 15th will be a long wait.

Screw Jill…we should just get an extra alternate version of Shuma when the DLC comes out.

Then people will get salty and send hate mail on XBL “TOO MANY TENTACLEZZZZ!!!”

Gonna send out mail:
raped anime style

I want Conan Shuma Gorath alt.

and shuma goraths air dash/cross up game reads beastly.

Please elaborate, kind sir.

Why wouldn’t you just let them go right before the explosion and get a free guaranteed reset? If they block, grab them, if they don’t, combo till death.

So what type of character is Shuma shaping up to be from what we know? Is he still a pitifully confused grappler or what?

One of the new Shuma screens also stated that hyper mystic ray fires/has two beams. Typo or what?

Nope, Hyper Mystic Ray fires two H versions of Mystic Ray in quick succession and is (somewhat) invincible while doing so. Right now, since the guide has no info on his command grab, I’d say he’s a zoner.

I woudl definitely consider Shuma a zoning character, though he can be dangerous up cloe with Chaos Dimension. I think he might have some trouble against the more dedicated keepaway caharacters like Arthus and MODOK though.

He does have an air dash and Mystic Ray sounds too good especially since the H version sweeps the screen.

I’d still label Shuma Gorath as a rush down based character, that has the added options to play a tiny bit of zoning and Grapple action. he still will get most if not all of his damage by being close up in the Opponents face.

I wouldn’t classify him as a Zonner either because Mystic Ray is a charge move.

Words from the guide (in which is subject to change in the retail product etc etc)

Airdash M is quick, difficult to guard cross up that leads into combo. If your opponent guards the Air M, you can mix up a delayed air M with a low attack. If your opponent guards all air M attacks, you can still threaten with a ground throw into a combo. Mystic smash L and M, along with Air Mystic smash, are all very strong at this range.

It also states where able to combo after his throw or OTG with Hyper Mystic Smash, Hyper Mystic Ray after revitalization aka his normal throw that regains Life for him, and damages the Opponent. I assume its revitalizationhe because we see it in the set of screen shots.

Rush Down does seem to suit him. Considering his average health AND the ability to regain it, that’s pretty deadly combined with multiple ways of entry.

I also really hope he has special fight dialogue with Dormammu!

If you check out the voice sounds for Dormammu, there a line where he says “back to the Chaos Dimension with you.” I haven’t seen him use the line on anyone yet, so Im assuming its for Shuma Gorath since he’s the only being from the Chaos Dimension.

Yea Shuma is looking deadly and since this game doesn’t really relay on/ isn’t big on GTFO me assist Shuma is right at home.

“Your power is but a fraction of mine, Dread Lord…”

Read through the guide again and almost all his normals and specials leave him with great frame advantage on hit AND on block! Most note worthy being standing H which gives +12 in both situations. Also, Stone Smash now OTGs.

Another Shuma quote: “Chaos is everything, and Shuma-Gorath is a fractal of chaos.”

I think I just peed myself a little bit. That’s some awesome info!