H. P. Lovecraft would be proud - The Shuma-Gorath thread!

IIRC charges in TvC were very short.

The added air dash and new beam special/hyper sound great. Here’s hoping that he can trijump.

I was hoping that he wouldn’t be too charge based due to the fast nature of the game; however, if the charge times are fast it won’t be a problem. It’s also kind of interesting how you can have two different projectiles charged at once.

stuff that will keep an opp locked down/limit there mobility, couple with a get off me assist.

it may depend what version you use, but imo it will really come in handy when you are pushed blocked.

Regarding his 2 Charge bases projectiles: IMO it won’t be so much of a problem, as long as he has combo’s/special/normals in which he can buffer the charges in.

I wonder if his command beam normal causes a wall bounce or has something special to it.

his mystic smash assist isn’t the ‘safe’ version?

^I don’t see why it wouldn’t be safe if the :h: has slight frame advantage.

In MvC2, both of his grounded and aerial eye beams did cause knockback/Flying Screen. It be safe to assume that they should wall bounce since I don’t believe there is not much “flying screen” going on in MvC3.

You can see some of the Eye Beam properties in this video:

[media=youtube]dUsE4sLeWe8&feature=related[/media]

yeah I remember what they do in MvC2, its just that it will be odd to have them as his command normals if they don’t cause a wall bounce or some type of stun effect, but then again I haven’t really kept up with most of the cast and there command normals in MvC3, so who am I to talk.

I hope Hyper Mystic smash does good damage, I don’t want it to become useless.

hope to hear more on Devitalization and Revitalization.

Hey Jocelot, by any chance did it mention his HP? I hope it’s at least decent, like around 900,000~1,000,000.

^That, till this day I still wonder why Shuma health was so low in MvC2? its not like he did any damage out side of CD.

^ The fact that he could drain health could have been a factor even though it didnt turn out to be reasonable.

Yea it wasn’t a fair trade, so I think it was due to capcom being lazy.

At least that helps me sleep at night.

ARGHHHH sorry, guys. They wouldn’t let me peek at the game guide today. The head manager was closing, and she doesn’t take crap from anyone.

Anyways… sorry. I’ll try to go back tomarrow or Sunday. Really dropped the ball.

no human romance in the shuma thread allowed

I love how many posts this thread has compared to characters that “should” be more popular, and that already have gameplay footage out. I think the Iron Man thread has less than 400 posts with 4 threads, lol.

Never saw it that way in terms of him getting back health. I always thought the reason for the low health was more “aesthetic” than anything else. He is essentially a big soft squid [in the VS games] so I always took it that is why his health was kinda low.

Its cool yo, thanks for the hard work tho.

Shuma isn’t as unknown/disliked as many may think, heck look at the MvC3 site and check out his likes and what not lol.

Imma see if my local game store has the guide out yet. Get back to y’all tomorrow.

^That would be nice Ultimashadow.

You know what I was wondering, does :h: Mystic Ray’s beam carry the opp all the way vertically?

if it does…:amazed:

Shuma needs a full screen Mystic Stare.

Btw, has anyone tested charge motion moves? I still want to know how they approached them this time.